Windows 10: ThinkPad E550 BSOD after W10 update

Discus and support ThinkPad E550 BSOD after W10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My ThinkPad E550 stopped rebooting normally after a Windows 10 update in mid-August 2020 sorry, didn't get ID of update. The auto repair doesn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sisyphus Redux, Aug 21, 2020.

1. ThinkPad E550 BSOD after W10 update

My ThinkPad E550 stopped rebooting normally after a Windows 10 update in mid-August 2020 sorry, didn't get ID of update. The auto repair doesn't work loop, loop, loop but I did get the screen with a stop code "page fault in non-paged area ... CHERT64.SYS". I've gotten it to reboot in safe mode and backed up to removable media whatever user files I want.

Before I try doing a restore using installation media I created on a DVD, I want to be know:

1. Is this a fix worth trying, or am I risking making matters worse?

2. If the restore works, are there files in addition to User files I will lose, and should/can I back up those?

2. In addition to the information at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, is there anything else I should know, any precautions I should take, for a restore on the ThinkPad E550?

Thanks. Sorry for the duplication with so many other community questions about BSOD problems.

:)

Sisyphus Redux, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Beldar Win User

Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup

I bought it from a reputable dealer on eBay on July 6th. No history given, except the dealer formatted theHD and tested everything. The listing says No Returns. But he may be open to an exchange. LENOVO THINKPAD T510 15.6” i5 M520 2.40ghz 4GB Ram 500gb HDD DVD RW W/ Charger | eBay
    Before I press for that I'm going to try the steps you've suggested further down in this thread.

Beldar, Aug 21, 2020
  3. W10 Creator Update V. 1703 on ThinkPad T60

My old ThinkPad T60 is with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950.

I did a clean install of W10 V 1703 because of an endless loop during normal Windows Update.

The Version 1703 woks well apart from the fact that the screen brigtness at maximum is reduced to about 25 % of what it was before, so the PC is not nice to use anymore.

I hope a future update will solve the problem.

Jan BruunAndersen, Aug 21, 2020
  4. alexsubri Win User

ThinkPad E550 BSOD after W10 update

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    ThinkPad E550 BSOD after W10 update [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

ThinkPad E550 BSOD after W10 update

1. ThinkPad E550 BSOD after W10 update - Similar Threads - ThinkPad E550 BSOD

2. BSOD on thinkpad X1C10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on thinkpad X1C10: Hello,I am headache at the BSOD on my new thinkpad X1C10.It is a brand new laptop and have many BSOD errors. I have sought help here before in this...
  3. Lenovo Thinkpad E550 no screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Thinkpad E550 no screen: ThinkPad E550. Machine Type Model:20DF00CQUKI've a black screen when posting access to bios or f9/fqw boot order and unable to use VGA output on the laptop. I've got a monitor view sonic LCD takes VGA only.I was able to boot into Ubuntu but don't know how what I pressed: it...
  4. Lenovo Thinkpad E550 no screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Thinkpad E550 no screen: ThinkPad E550. Machine Type Model:20DF00CQUKI've a black screen when posting access to bios or f9/fqw boot order and unable to use VGA output on the laptop. I've got a monitor view sonic LCD takes VGA only.I was able to boot into Ubuntu but don't know how what I pressed: it...
  5. Lenovo Thinkpad E550 no screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSOD after AMD update W10 HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after AMD update W10 HELP: Had an update for my gpu downloaded it fine. reset pc now all of a sudden i got the blue screen: I’ve tried a bunch of of different things that the limited options on blue screen offer. always ends up with an outcome or error no luck. can anyone offer advice or explain then...
  7. BSOD after AMD update W10 HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after AMD update W10 HELP: Had an update for my gpu downloaded it fine. reset pc now all of a sudden i got the blue screen: I’ve tried a bunch of of different things that the limited options on blue screen offer. always ends up with an outcome or error no luck. can anyone offer advice or explain then...
  8. BSOD after AMD update W10 HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. BSOD after the new W10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after the new W10 Update: Hi, I am looking for help, my Home PC keeps getting BSOD for Kmode Exception Not Handledafter having installed the last W10 Update. I copied the minidump file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JLK2U_F3FXzIIXgLd254xXgYDFCL2Tcw/view?usp=sharing I already tried...
  10. BSOD after W10 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after W10 2004 update?: Hi, I recently downloaded the Windows 10 2004 feature update and ever since this when I have been playing a specific game, I will randomly get BSOD with the error code irql_not_less_or_equal. I have tested my ram, hardware is pretty new and this only started happening after...