Windows 10: Thinkpad L560 camera failure

Discus and support Thinkpad L560 camera failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of a sudden the camera function on this machine has gone flaky with the integrated camera. Image shows up in Camera App or Zoom, or other video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnGillis4, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Thinkpad L560 camera failure

All of a sudden the camera function on this machine has gone flaky with the integrated camera. Image shows up in Camera App or Zoom, or other video conference program but it turns off and on every few seconds, and the green light at the camera lens turns on and off -- usually on for two seconds, then off for several seconds. I reinstalled driver. Made no diff. Iattached other webcams via USB, and they did exactly the same thing. So, it's not a camera hardware problem. But I can't find anything in W10 that is causing this problem, but it almost certainly has to be a Win10 issue, since many kinds of camera hardware have the same problem. And image turning on and off occurs in all software as well Zoom, GotoMeeting, Skype, Camera, so I'm stuck. Any suggestion?

:)

JohnGillis4, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Beldar Win User

Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup

I bought it from a reputable dealer on eBay on July 6th. No history given, except the dealer formatted theHD and tested everything. The listing says No Returns. But he may be open to an exchange. LENOVO THINKPAD T510 15.6” i5 M520 2.40ghz 4GB Ram 500gb HDD DVD RW W/ Charger | eBay
    Before I press for that I'm going to try the steps you've suggested further down in this thread.

Beldar, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 9, 2020
  4. jekiboi20 Win User

Thinkpad L560 camera failure

Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/ to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Thinkpad L560 camera failure

1. Thinkpad L560 camera failure - Similar Threads - Thinkpad L560 camera

2. In built camera on the Lenovo ThinkPad E14 is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In built camera on the Lenovo ThinkPad E14 is not working: The led indicator near the camera blinks occasionally.The hardware details are not listed in the device manager.Windows camera app showing 'No Cameras Are Attached'No, Not the privacy slider, F+ keys issuesinstalled and uninstalled the drivers many timesNo camera is listed...
  3. In built camera on the Lenovo ThinkPad E14 is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In built camera on the Lenovo ThinkPad E14 is not working: The led indicator near the camera blinks occasionally.The hardware details are not listed in the device manager.Windows camera app showing 'No Cameras Are Attached'No, Not the privacy slider, F+ keys issuesinstalled and uninstalled the drivers many timesNo camera is listed...
  4. Camera failure After 23H2 Update

Camera failure After 23H2 Update: Hello,A few colleagues and I are unable to access the camera after installing the 23H2 update. I am using WIN 11 OS Build 22631.2506.I also have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver using my laptop's manufacturer support site.I have verified the permissions are enabled in...
  5. Lenovo Thinkpad Camera App Not Opening

Lenovo Thinkpad Camera App Not Opening: I own a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop, bought just a few days ago. I recently tried opening the camera app, but I can't get it to open. I press the icon, a window opens, and then after a few milliseconds, closes. I can see my camera working in Lenovo Vantage, Zoom, and all the other...
  6. ASUS Built In Camera Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Built In Camera Failure: ERROR: 0xa00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> What I have tried: 1. Uninstall & Re-install 2. Disable and Enable. 3. Update Drivers, on PC and Windows. Using Device Manager 4. Installed all "missing" drivers from DriverEasy. 5. Checked Windows Firewall Settings. 6. Allowed...
  7. Camera failure?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera failure?: I have a Lenovo laptop. I use it mostly now for work, which is livestream classes via google meet. I used it all yesterday through 9pm and my camera worked perfectly, but now it seems it canceled on me and I can't get it to work again, highly inconvenient when you had more...
  8. Camera on X1 Thinkpad, Windows 10

Camera on X1 Thinkpad, Windows 10: My camera only works sometimes. It shuts off and delivers error code, on its own. Have tried updating drivers, restarting, unblocking antivirus/security. Doesn't seem to make much difference. Any tips on solving this issue?...
  9. Camera -lenovo thinkpad t460s.

Camera -lenovo thinkpad t460s.: It is visible but switches on and off continuosly. My virus software is not set to block it. the driver is reinstalled. when troubleshooting it states that a different porogram is using it. what am i to do?...
  10. Two cameras failure

Two cameras failure: Dear Microsoft It’s a pleasure to write you. We are writing you because we’re facing an issue with two webcams. But first let me try to describe briefly the issue. My company developed an application using two webcams simultaneously. The webcams are the same (the same...