Windows 10: ThinkPad lagging while charging

Discus and support ThinkPad lagging while charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have issue that I am trying to solve for weeks and I didnt find solution for this. Basically my brand new ThinkPad E590 lags while charging.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DonateBlood, Sep 30, 2019.

1. ThinkPad lagging while charging

Hi,

I have issue that I am trying to solve for weeks and I didnt find solution for this. Basically my brand new ThinkPad E590 lags while charging. Firstly I noticed problem while trying to play DIRT (It shou be fine with my specs). I was playing without AC plugged in so I was on my battery and game runs well... then I pluged in AC and it start lagging periodically. Next Is Fusion 360. Runs perfectly on battery but when pluged in the same issue appears.

My specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-8265U

In Graphic: Intel UHD 620

Ded Graphic: Radeon RX 550X

RAM: 8GB

Power settings:

High performance

• Processor power management
      ThinkPad lagging while charging 93f39531-4f9d-4c78-a8cf-c30775d07c31?upload=true.jpg
    • Multimedia settings
      ThinkPad lagging while charging 6b8f4971-8ebb-40f2-ab66-ff84a91b8324?upload=true.jpg

I tried almost everything I can find online, maybe last info I can give to hel is that if laptop is plugged in CPU speed raises imediatelly around 3,5Ghz but if laptop is on battery then it drops around 0,8Ghz.

Thanks for every suggestion.

:)

DonateBlood, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

ThinkPad lagging while charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 30, 2019
  4. malware Win User

ThinkPad lagging while charging

Lenovo Recalls 208,000 ThinkPad Batteries

On March 1, 2007, Lenovo voluntarily recalled certain 208,000 9-cell lithium-ion batteries. These batteries were manufactured for use with ThinkPad notebook computers that shipped worldwide between November 2005 and February 2007. All ThinkPad R60, R60e Series, ThinkPad T60, T60p Series and ThinkPad Z60m, Z61e, Z61m, and Z61p Series with 9-cell 10.8V, 5.2 Ah batteries with part number FRU P/N 92P1131 are being recalled. All affected batteries will be replaced free of charge. Lenovo suggests those computers with defective units remove the battery and use the AC adaptor until a replacement has arrived.

Source: Lenovo

malware, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

ThinkPad lagging while charging

1. ThinkPad lagging while charging - Similar Threads - ThinkPad lagging while

2. Lagging when charging and not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging when charging and not charging: I have a windows 11 HP laptop. I also usually play games like GTA 5 or etc. I usually have 60-70 fps which is fine. The issue starts when I start to plug my charger. It lags like hell down to literal 1fps. Then when I unplug it, it goes back to 60-70 fps but after a few mins...
  3. Lagging when charging and not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging when charging and not charging: I have a windows 11 HP laptop. I also usually play games like GTA 5 or etc. I usually have 60-70 fps which is fine. The issue starts when I start to plug my charger. It lags like hell down to literal 1fps. Then when I unplug it, it goes back to 60-70 fps but after a few mins...
  4. Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 plugged in, but not charging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 plugged in, but not charging.: I'm not sure if I broke something, my foot caught the cord yesterday. I already tried restarting it. The laptop is plugged in, it knows it's plugged in. It doesn't seem to be losing much/any charge it was at 47% when I woke it up and is at 46% after several hours of use, but...
  5. Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 plugged in, but not charging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 plugged in, but not charging.: I'm not sure if I broke something, my foot caught the cord yesterday. I already tried restarting it. The laptop is plugged in, it knows it's plugged in. It doesn't seem to be losing much/any charge it was at 47% when I woke it up and is at 46% after several hours of use, but...
  6. Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 plugged in, but not charging.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. laptop lags when charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop lags when charging: hi, recently I've been experiencing a problem with my laptop - whenever I put it on charge it lags.I've tried multiple forums, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series, but it runs windows 10, and it has been doing htis for quite...
  8. Laptop lags while Plugged in charging

Laptop lags while Plugged in charging: Hi everyone, I have a problem, my Laptop lags while Plugged in charging . I got dell inspiron 3480 about a year ago. I am facing a problem of lag while i am gaming or just web surfing. i have tried to fix the problem by changing additional power settings in power option and...
  9. LAGGING DURING CHARGING MODE WHILE WATCHING VIDEOS

LAGGING DURING CHARGING MODE WHILE WATCHING VIDEOS: Lenovo Ideapad 320 Hi greetings! please help me on this one. I have a problem on my laptop whenever I watch video while charging, it keeps on lagging after watching 3-5 minutes. I think the problem is on the battery/display setting, or do I need to add more space?...
  10. Laptop starts lagging when I am playing while it is charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop starts lagging when I am playing while it is charging: Hello, I'm having a big issue, whenever I plug my laptop I can't play any game. The laptop is brand new (MSI GF63 8RC / W10 / GTX 1050/1tb/8gb ram). I tried everything, I reinstalled windows, I talked with people from MSI and no one can help me. I already sent the laptop...