Windows 10: ThinkPad laptop doesn't detect 2nd monitor connects using USB 3.0

Discus and support ThinkPad laptop doesn't detect 2nd monitor connects using USB 3.0 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 and ThinkVision T24i-2l together as the external monitor is recommended on the Lenovo website when I purchased the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yu-Hsien Cosine Chiu, Sep 7, 2022.

1. ThinkPad laptop doesn't detect 2nd monitor connects using USB 3.0

I bought ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 and ThinkVision T24i-2l together as the external monitor is recommended on the Lenovo website when I purchased the laptop.ThinkVision T24i-2l is connected to X1 Extreme using USB 3.0 cable/port. The USB 3.0 cable was shipped in the T24i-2l box. My X1 Extreme Display setting does not recognize the external monitor. The monitor shows "No Connection.... Check Signal Cable". I tried to turn off/on my laptop. My laptop gives me a message "Display Connection might be limited" every time the laptop is restarted. The laptop runs Windows 10.Both laptop and monitor are

:)

Yu-Hsien Cosine Chiu, Sep 7, 2022
  2. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Sep 7, 2022
  3. ScottMala Win User
    Cannot Detect 2nd monitor when using USB-C

Hello,

I have recently been using my laptop and extending my display to 1 x additional monitor thorugh HDMI, giving me 2 x displays.

I now have gotten a 2ndmonitor and and wish to connect the 2nd monitor so I have 3 x display screen.

I have done this through USB-C to HDMI Hub.

This has not detected the 3rd screen when I plug it in?

I have tried both monitors individally by plugging them directly into the HDMI in my laptop and they work fine individually.

They do NOT work when I plus into the USB-C port.

ANy help if appreciated,

Thank you.

ScottMala, Sep 7, 2022
  4. roninrr2 Win User

ThinkPad laptop doesn't detect 2nd monitor connects using USB 3.0

Cannot get non-connected 2nd Monitor screen moved to Laptop Screen?

This is kind of hard to explain in a Subject line.

I have a USB Docking station set up at home with 2 large monitors, keyboard, printers, etc. connected to the docking station -- all plugged into a Laptop, whose screen is also active. Works great - Window's magic, I guess. I also have several programs
    set up to come up (screen display) on the 2nd or 3rd Monitor screens when they are loaded.

My problem is, if (when) I just unplug the USB cable to the Docking station and take my Laptop over to a friends house, when I load one of the programs that comes up on one of my monitors, the program comes up and loads correctly (i.e. shows up on the taskbar
    as running) - but the display is someplace in outer space because the 2nd (or 3rd) monitor is not there.

And for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the screen display (which the program apparently thinks is being correctly displayed on my 2nd monitor) moved over to my Laptop screen.

DETECT in the Settings\Display screen does not find any extra monitors (because they are not there) and the Extend and other options under the Windows-P Project option does not seem to help -- and many of the suggested fixes document steps involving options
    that are apparently for older versions of Windows because many of the steps don't match the options on my version of Windows, which is the very latest Windows 10 update.

Surely there must be a simple way to fix this, but I have spent oven an hour trying to figure it out.

[P.S. I finally got the screen from the 2nd monitor to display on my Laptop screen, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DID TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN.]

ron in round rock

roninrr2, Sep 7, 2022
Thema:

ThinkPad laptop doesn't detect 2nd monitor connects using USB 3.0

1. ThinkPad laptop doesn't detect 2nd monitor connects using USB 3.0 - Similar Threads - ThinkPad laptop doesn't

2. 2nd Monitor Not Detecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor Not Detecting: Hello I was messing around with display in order to try and configure my computer. I was unsuccessful. In the process of this my 2nd display decetion does not work. What does work are all the settings and the display itself. However, the detection is the sole thing does not...
  3. 2nd Monitor Not Detecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Monitor Not Detecting: Hello I was messing around with display in order to try and configure my computer. I was unsuccessful. In the process of this my 2nd display decetion does not work. What does work are all the settings and the display itself. However, the detection is the sole thing does not...
  4. ThinkPad laptop doesn't detect 2nd monitor connects using USB 3.0

ThinkPad laptop doesn't detect 2nd monitor connects using USB 3.0: I bought ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 and ThinkVision T24i-2l together as the external monitor is recommended on the Lenovo website when I purchased the laptop.ThinkVision T24i-2l is connected to X1 Extreme using USB 3.0 cable/port. The USB 3.0 cable was shipped in the T24i-2l...
  5. ThinkPad laptop doesn't detect 2nd monitor connects using USB 3.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ThinkPad laptop doesn't detect 2nd monitor connects using USB 3.0: I bought ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 and ThinkVision T24i-2l together as the external monitor is recommended on the Lenovo website when I purchased the laptop.ThinkVision T24i-2l is connected to X1 Extreme using USB 3.0 cable/port. The USB 3.0 cable was shipped in the T24i-2l...
  6. Not detecting 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not detecting 2nd monitor: My pc was working perfectly fine last night then I turned it on right now and only one monitor has came on. I've looked at all the display port cables and they're all fine. I'm on the latest windows update and I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. I am once again...
  7. Not detecting 2nd monitor

Not detecting 2nd monitor: My pc was working perfectly fine last night then I turned it on right now and only one monitor has came on. I've looked at all the display port cables and they're all fine. I'm on the latest windows update and I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. I am once again...
  8. Not detecting 2nd monitor

9. 2nd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd monitor not detected: Hey guys, I'm having issues with windows 10 and a second monitor. I finally decided to try a dual monitor system for the first time ever and I can't seem to connect the second monitor. I've went to display settings but nothing is detected when I hit the detect button. I've...
  10. 2nd monitor not detected

2nd monitor not detected: Hi there This problem has probably been asked previously but I can only find older answers whicharen't relevant. I have recently purchased a new HP Pavillion laptop and a Samsung 27" curved monitor. Laptop using Windows10. All working perfectly. A change in job and...