Windows 10: Thinkpad Lenovo T500 failing upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

Discus and support Thinkpad Lenovo T500 failing upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tryied many times to upgrade my computer to Windows 10 but nothing had worked. So far I have tried following the error page, along with updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PorterLindsey, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Thinkpad Lenovo T500 failing upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

I have tryied many times to upgrade my computer to Windows 10 but nothing had worked. So far I have tried following the error page, along with updating drivers and software. It gets through the reboot to Windows 10 with the logo and spinning wheel, only for it to blue screen and send me back to windows 7. I get the error code 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 every time I have tried.

:)

PorterLindsey, Apr 26, 2021

2. Windows 10 Professional Compatibility with Lenovo ThinkPad T420s Laptop computer

Check on Lenovo's web site:
    https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500...

Of course, this isn't a Microsoft web site.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on Directly, Apr 26, 2021
  3. Miezoo Win User
    Sound is not working on Lenovo Thinkpad T400 after Windows 10 upgrade????

Workaround confirmed (on my Thinkpad T500)

The *hardware* up/down volume keys reset the hardware mute flag, and you can hear the sound again.

(I'm running Windows 10 Home with the November upgrade (TH2), and *no* Lenovo software)

Miezoo, Apr 26, 2021
  4. Thinkpad Lenovo T500 failing upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

Windows 8.1 to 10 upgrade fails on Lenovo T500 Laptop

Please find my responses below:

1) Do you receive any error message, along with black screen while trying to upgrade to Windows 10?

No error messages at all. I watched each one of the steps and it was going well until one of the reboots and then the blank screen.

2) What is the make and model of your computer?

It's a Lenovo T500 laptop. (Just like it says in the title of this thread!)

Why would you expect a different result by using the media creation tool instead of the in-place upgrade?

Joseph Gal, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

Thinkpad Lenovo T500 failing upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

1. Thinkpad Lenovo T500 failing upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Thinkpad Lenovo T500

2. windows 10 from 7 upgrade failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 from 7 upgrade failed.: i'm trying to upgrade two computers for a friend. she has a lot of crap installed and has bad eyesight so doesn't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling it all, so i am upgrading them for her. we did the desktop, an older dell but the laptop, an xps l702x failed. i...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 upgradation on Lenovo Thinkpad T510

Windows 10 20H2 upgradation on Lenovo Thinkpad T510: Hello, I'm my laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad T510. It's specs :- OS - Windows 10 pro 1709 (64 bit) RAM - 8 GB Hard Disk - 128 GB SSD( 74 GB Available) processor - intel Core i7 620M (2.66 Ghz) Dual core So my question is does my laptop is compatible to windows 10 version 20H2...
  4. Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Hello everyone,, I was doing the upgrade on a Win7Ult 64-bit desktop earlier today, and reached the point where I confirmed deletion of MSE and then the Windows 10 Pro installation screen began incrementing slowly -- until it crashed with a small window that simply stated...
  5. Failed windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

Failed windows 10 upgrade from windows 7: I keep getting this message: WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-windows-10-upgrade-from-windows-7/a582d206-422c-41c1-a883-2a8266d0a301
  6. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Fails

Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Fails: I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and keep getting the following error: 0x80070005 - 0x2000A The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation. Am I using the "Create Windows 10 installation media" tool - Yes...
  7. Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: I was doing the upgrade on a Win7Ult 64-bit desktop earlier today, and reached the point where I confirmed deletion of MSE and then the Windows 10 Pro installation screen began incrementing slowly -- until it crashed with a small window that simply stated "The installation...
  8. Failed upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Failed upgrade from windows 7 to 10: We couldn’t install Windows 10. We’ve set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10. 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP operation I have the saved file if you require....
  9. Failed windows 10 upgrade from 7 with Lenovo Thinkpad E520. Is there a workaround to...

Failed windows 10 upgrade from 7 with Lenovo Thinkpad E520. Is there a workaround to...: I'm reposting this under a more specific title, since my previous thread appears to have died and I'm hoping others having similar issues will find a more direct conversation. I'll forward any comments here from the previous thread if they come up. Not sure why my...
  10. Failed windows 10 upgrade from 7 with Lenovo Thinkpad E520. Error code 0xC1900101 -...

Failed windows 10 upgrade from 7 with Lenovo Thinkpad E520. Error code 0xC1900101 -...: Hey there, Apologies in advance. I posted this elsewhere as a reply on an apparently dead thread, so I'll repost it here. I'm hoping by reposting with a clearer title may help someone else with same problem. If the other thread does unexpectedly get a response, I'll...