Windows 10: Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI

Discus and support Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This might be a strange issue but when I play music through Spotify connected to a projector over HDMI, I get weird audio stuttering over HDMI audio.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jsf6864, Mar 1, 2023.

1. jsf6864 Win User

Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI

This might be a strange issue but when I play music through Spotify connected to a projector over HDMI, I get weird audio stuttering over HDMI audio. But when I use miracast and connect my laptop over ethernet, I don't have any audio stutter. To be clear, the audio stutters only when I interact with other chrome tabs or move windows around then the audio stutters. Does anybody know why it might be doing this? Testing with a MacBook Pro and the same projector, the audio lag goes away. Testing with the same projector and an external HDMI adapter, the problem goes away. The proble

:)

jsf6864, Mar 1, 2023

2. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Mar 1, 2023
  3. BENuggets Win User
    Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Mar 1, 2023
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

HDMI audio

If the Digital Output Device or HDMI is not an option under the Playback tab. You can run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search or Cortana.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Playing Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Mar 1, 2023
Thema:

1. Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI - Similar Threads - Thinkpad P16s AMD

2. Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI: This might be a strange issue but when I play music through Spotify connected to a projector over HDMI, I get weird audio stuttering over HDMI audio. But when I use miracast and connect my laptop over ethernet, I don't have any audio stutter. To be clear, the audio stutters...
  3. AMD HDMI audio device removed when doing a audio test of the device AMD rx580 or if it sits...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD HDMI audio device removed when doing a audio test of the device AMD rx580 or if it sits...: Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1007\5&1f11d35a&2&0001 was configured. Driver Name: oem23.inf Class Guid: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Driver Date: 10/16/2020 Driver Version: 10.0.1.18 Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices Driver...
  4. ThinkPad T440 Integrated WebCam not working

ThinkPad T440 Integrated WebCam not working: Hello! I am a proud owner of an older ThinkPad T440 unit. The laptop itself works great and is just what I need for my purposes. That said, I do have a problem with it that I was hoping some of you guys could help me solve, since most internet tips failed and I was...
  5. ThinkPad T440 Integrated WebCam not working

ThinkPad T440 Integrated WebCam not working: Hello! I am a proud owner of an older ThinkPad T440 unit. The laptop itself works great and is just what I need for my purposes. That said, I do have a problem with it that I was hoping some of you guys could help me solve, since most internet tips failed and I was...
  6. 1 Audio channel on one audio card and rest over hdmi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1 Audio channel on one audio card and rest over hdmi?: Hi, bit of a weird question: I need to output only the subWoofer channel using an audio card (audigy FX) connected to an external amplifier, and the rest of the channels FRONT/RIGHT over HDMI (TV Speaker). Is it doable? Thanks. submitted by /u/sim0ne82 [link] [comments]...
  7. Audio stuttering over bluetooth, Windows 10 Pro.

Audio stuttering over bluetooth, Windows 10 Pro.: I own a Compaq Presario CQ57-410US, updated to Windows 10 with a Pro license I had around. I also own a Amazon Echo Dot (3rd gen.), which I use a lot with my Acer Aspire ES1-531. The problem is that when I try to hear audio over bluetooth with the Presario, the audio stutters...
  8. Audio problem over HDMI

Audio problem over HDMI: Hi to everyone! I have this problem in last few month from a day when i install Win10 pro x64 (1511). I did not have this problem when i had Win7. When i want to watch on TV Panasonic ST50 i have problem with audio. Somehow Win10 always mess up drivers for audio after...
  9. HDMI audio vs integrated motherboard one

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI audio vs integrated motherboard one: hi guys! I have an AsRock M3A785GMH7128M motherboard which has its own sound card integrated; from the specs I read about that: - 7.1 CH Windows Vista Premium Level HD Audio (Realtek ALC888 Audio Codec) Into this PC I also have HDMI audio available through the...
  10. integrated card and stutter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    integrated card and stutter: Does my Dell XPS 8300 have an integrated video card? Currently the monitor is plugged into a horizontal port and I get some slight stuttering when closing a page; I have an NVidea card, updated. I think nothing happened when I tried the vertical port - is that b/c I need to...