Windows 10: Thinkpad T440P Intermittent crashing on sleep.

Discus and support Thinkpad T440P Intermittent crashing on sleep. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 - 1903 - (Build 18362. 449) Thinkpad T440P - Core i7 4600M - 16gb ddr3 Hi there, I am experiencing crashes when my laptop should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thonkpad, Nov 12, 2019.

1. thonkpad Win User

Thinkpad T440P Intermittent crashing on sleep.

Thinkpad T440P - Core i7 4600M - 16gb ddr3

Hi there,

I am experiencing crashes when my laptop should be going to sleep. When I go to open my laptop it often boots up instead of resuming from sleep. This seems to have only just become an issue since I updated windows. I've tried googling this issue but it seems like a mixed bag of results and most solutions I've found so far have not remedied it.

I have attached my logs here:
    DESKTOP-2AFB4BO-(2019-11-12_18-26-39).zip

Thank-you for your time.

:)

thonkpad, Nov 12, 2019

2. Have Thinkpad T440p the audio is not working any suggestions

Have Thinkpad T440p - the audio is not working -anyone have any suggestions

JamesReynolds3, Nov 12, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Thinkpad T440P Intermittent crashing on sleep.

Recovery Screen Appears When Computer Attempts to Sleep

I have the same problem, but it's intermittent. (More accurately: I haven't been able to determine the pattern. Likely affected by screen blanking time or system sleep time, as described by OP.)

• Dell XPS 8700
    • i7-4790 processor
    • 24 GB RAM
    • 256 GB mSATA solid state boot drive
    • 64-bit: shipped with Windows 8.1 Pro, upgraded to Windows 10

If you have any suggestions, please share.

Thanks.

damonbrinson, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Thinkpad T440P Intermittent crashing on sleep.

1. Thinkpad T440P Intermittent crashing on sleep. - Similar Threads - Thinkpad T440P Intermittent

2. Windows 10 Desktop randomly / intermittently crashing on Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop randomly / intermittently crashing on Sleep Mode: My Windows 10 PC will turn itself off whenever I issue the "sleep" command. The screen turns black and the PC will run for about 2-3 minutes before shutting down not a clean shut down, but a power off.On some rare occasions it wakes up properly.While I am writing this, it...
  3. Lenovo ThinkPad T14s crashes after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo ThinkPad T14s crashes after sleep: Hi thereI found this post: Thinkpad T14s crashes after sleep - Microsoft Community that indicates that others are experiencing similar issues, but I can't say for sure it's the same issue yet.When my T14s goes to sleep, maybe 1 out of 50 wakes it will not resume but reboot...
  4. Lenovo ThinkPad T14s crashes after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo ThinkPad T14s crashes after sleep: Hi thereI found this post: Thinkpad T14s crashes after sleep - Microsoft Community that indicates that others are experiencing similar issues, but I can't say for sure it's the same issue yet.When my T14s goes to sleep, maybe 1 out of 50 wakes it will not resume but reboot...
  5. Thinkpad T14s crashes after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thinkpad T14s crashes after sleep: Hi, recently my computer crashes every time after it was in sleeping mode. Mostly this is in the evening after it has been not used for hours. After that I am not able to use properly my bluetooth headsets and need to restart it first so that they connect properly. I have...
  6. Thinkpad T14s crashes after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thinkpad T14s crashes after sleep: Hi, recently my computer crashes every time after it was in sleeping mode. Mostly this is in the evening after it has been not used for hours. After that I am not able to use properly my bluetooth headsets and need to restart it first so that they connect properly. I have...
  7. Thinkpad T14s crashes after sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Intermittent Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent Crashing: Hello, I'm having a lot of difficulty with my computer. I've re-installed windows twice clean. I've eliminated a couple of hard-drives that were checking faulty according to CrystalDisk. I reset my BIOS settings to the default to ensure no overclocking. I've re-seated my...
  9. Lenovo thinkpad T440p with fingerprint reader not working / Windows Hello isn't available...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lenovo thinkpad T440p with fingerprint reader not working / Windows Hello isn't available...: Hello, a couple of days ago, after the latest update, my fingerprint sign in stopped working, I tried to reactivate it but without luck. I have already updated my available drivers, downloaded and installed the driver from Lenovo's webpage and nothing seems to work. There is...
  10. Intermittent Sleep Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Sleep Issues: About 50% of the time, if I put the Win10 computer to sleep (either manually or via regular time of inactivity), it sleeps and wakes normally. However, starting 2 months ago, I randomly get a failed sleep. Symptoms: * Screen sleeps, mouse and keyboard sleep * Computer...