Windows 10: Thinkpad T490: Keeps freezing and crashing. High CPU usage.

Discus and support Thinkpad T490: Keeps freezing and crashing. High CPU usage. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, my Windows 10 Laptop has been having trouble this past week. It keeps freezing and lagging the cursor. I can't identify what is causing this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scintillation, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Thinkpad T490: Keeps freezing and crashing. High CPU usage.

Hello, my Windows 10 Laptop has been having trouble this past week. It keeps freezing and lagging the cursor. I can't identify what is causing this. I've rolled back drivers, performed system restore 2 months prior, and also did driver verifier. Driver verifier seems to identify something, it says IRQL error, but is not clear about what it is. It causes blue screen. I am currently running Malwarebytes scan, as I suspect I may have malware. I also have an event file, hopefully that can be helpful in identifying the problem.

:)

Scintillation, Dec 2, 2021

2. TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

I have done those, but I still have freezes and crashes. Doing the SFC /scannow resulted in a freeze in my computer. I believe the high CPU usage may be causing crashes. Would it not be possible for TiWorker to trigger a crash because of the massive spike
    in CPU usage caused by it? These crashes and freezes have only occurred in the last few days, and it seems weird to only crash while TiWorker spikes in CPU usage

LoganBatson, Dec 2, 2021
  3. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Thinkpad T490: Keeps freezing and crashing. High CPU usage.

High CPU Usage in Windows 10 Version 1703

Hi,

There are programs that cause high CPU usage by creating multiple processes which consume resources on your computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you using a third-party software or program such as antivirus?
    • Are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Thinkpad T490: Keeps freezing and crashing. High CPU usage.

1. Thinkpad T490: Keeps freezing and crashing. High CPU usage. - Similar Threads - Thinkpad T490 Keeps

2. CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  3. Windows 11 High CPU usage and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 High CPU usage and crashing: I just upgrade to Windows 11. When clicking the start icon it give high CPU usage and PC freeze and crash. Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-high-cpu-usage-and-crashing/9b22f4b8-0544-447a-b8c3-a01627937ced
  4. Thinkpad T490: Keeps freezing and crashing. High CPU usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thinkpad T490: Keeps freezing and crashing. High CPU usage.: Hello, my Windows 10 Laptop has been having trouble this past week. It keeps freezing and lagging the cursor. I can't identify what is causing this. I've rolled back drivers, performed system restore 2 months prior, and also did driver verifier. Driver verifier seems to...
  5. Thinkpad T490: Keeps freezing and crashing. High CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thinkpad T490: Keeps freezing and crashing. High CPU usage.: Hello, my Windows 10 Laptop has been having trouble this past week. It keeps freezing and lagging the cursor. I can't identify what is causing this. I've rolled back drivers, performed system restore 2 months prior, and also did driver verifier. Driver verifier seems to...
  6. Constant Freezes and High CPU usage

Constant Freezes and High CPU usage: Hello, I have been browsing through Microsoft Community for some time now and I have found many similar problems and applied most of the solutions but sadly nothing seems to work. The main problem appears when computer is put to sleep by closing the lid or pressing the...
  7. High CPU Usage

High CPU Usage: I just did a factory reset of my windows 10 because of low storage and an issue I have had before and after the reset is high CPU usage. I don't have any external anti virus. And when I get the high usage I just have to open task manager and its fine. its not even when I play...
  8. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  9. Frequently short freezes and high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequently short freezes and high CPU usage: Hello! Since about a month I have frequently freezes with high CPU usage that last about a second. This happens only on my main account and happens more often the longer the PC is running but it doesn't really matter what processes are running. The task manager shows a peak...
  10. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo thinkpad t490 freezes when i install graphics driver