Windows 10: Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup

Discus and support Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My used Thinkpad T510 is bricked, for now. Sequence: came with no OS on a 500gb HDD powered up to textual DOS-like screen powered down, put on charger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Beldar, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Beldar Win User

Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup

My used Thinkpad T510 is bricked, for now.
    Sequence:
    came with no OS on a 500gb HDD
    powered up to textual DOS-like screen
    powered down, put on charger overnight
    took off charger
    installed SSD, booted to BIOS
    removed password need in BIOS, Saved
    still looking at BIOS, beeped and powered off
    battery dead? plugged in charger
    restarted with Win 10 1909 .iso on optical
    Win 10 proceeded to install
    finally it asked for a PIN, put one in
    died/went dark/won't restart
    optical drawer won't open
    seemingly bricked
    read web info about this:
    Use the power button to restart your computer three times. This will start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2cb149b?auth=1
    the power button 3 times did nothing
    THOUGHTS?

:)

Beldar, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Kupuna Win User
    Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup [​IMG]

Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup [​IMG]

Kupuna, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup

Lenovo T510 notebook windows startup problem after reinstallation

Hi Greg,

Thanks a lot for your reply although I could not try most of the solutions you suggested me. If I buy a new 1 TB 2.5" 5400 rpm hard drive (https://www.amazon.com/T510-4384-T510-4484-T510-4873-T510i-4313-T510i-4314/dp/B00FPZUP64), and fix it to my notebook,
    will it be a good solution? I don't really wanna bother with the trial and error type troubleshooting methods as I need to fix it asap. My notebook configurations are:

Lenovo Thinkpad T510 15.6"

Intel Core i5-560M (2.66GHz, 3MB cache)
    NVIDIA NVS 3100M dedicated graphics with 512MB DDR3

RAM: 4 GB DDR3

320 GB HDD 5400 rpm

OS: Windows 10 Education 64 bit (original provided by my working institution)

Also I tried by replacing hard drive from another notebook (Thinkpad E560), but the OS in that hard drive could not be loaded. I was thinking that if I could check by another hard drive from another good notebook, probably I can realize whether the problem
    is with my hard drive or with another component. After that I installed my own hard drive again, and the notebook was not finding any hard drive saying that windows can not be loaded because there might be a faulty hard drive or problem in any removable disk.
    I do not know what to do now.

Please tell me if I buy another hard drive like I mentioned in the above link, will it be a good solution? Also the hard drive for purchase is of 1 TB, so will there be any problem if I install more capacity hard drive instead of 320 GB? Thanks.

IftekharRousseau, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup

1. Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup - Similar Threads - Thinkpad T510 bricked

2. Hangs up after entering PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hangs up after entering PIN: I've seen other issues getting stuck at the PIN, this isn't that.It allows me to enter the PIN, and hang when trying to open the user.I'm not real techie with this, hopefully, it's posted in the right place.I've tried ALT/CNTL/DEL, and ALT or CNTL and tab, it's still trying...
  3. Hangs up after entering PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hangs up after entering PIN: I've seen other issues getting stuck at the PIN, this isn't that.It allows me to enter the PIN, and hang when trying to open the user.I'm not real techie with this, hopefully, it's posted in the right place.I've tried ALT/CNTL/DEL, and ALT or CNTL and tab, it's still trying...
  4. Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup: Hi,Hope you are doing well.I would like to ask if you could help me with issue we are having with Windows Hello on Window 10. Fingerprint setup just gets removed after restart or after certain time passes on Laptop that uses domain accounts. It seems to be ok with local...
  5. Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup: Hi,Hope you are doing well.I would like to ask if you could help me with issue we are having with Windows Hello on Window 10. Fingerprint setup just gets removed after restart or after certain time passes on Laptop that uses domain accounts. It seems to be ok with local...
  6. Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Breaking OOBE setup bricks the lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Breaking OOBE setup bricks the lock screen?: You can read about how my lock screen is not working over here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-do-anything-with-the-lock-screen/649395e4-9bf7-4cc6-b005-b8f7c444730b?tm=1613122250736 Although this was done on and Insider build, it has...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 upgradation on Lenovo Thinkpad T510

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 upgradation on Lenovo Thinkpad T510: Hello, I'm my laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad T510. It's specs :- OS - Windows 10 pro 1709 (64 bit) RAM - 8 GB Hard Disk - 128 GB SSD( 74 GB Available) processor - intel Core i7 620M (2.66 Ghz) Dual core So my question is does my laptop is compatible to windows 10 version 20H2...
  9. No display after entering pin and no cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No display after entering pin and no cursor: I install a new SSD recently which is working great but for a couple of days whenever I switch on the PC it asks for the pin then nothing, no display whatsoever, no cursor no task manager no nothing, the monitor dialog says "no display" but when I enter the BIOS and do...
  10. I've started getting seemingly random Blue screen crashes on my elderly Thinkpad T510...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've started getting seemingly random Blue screen crashes on my elderly Thinkpad T510...: Here is a pasting of the event viewer application error general details tab: Faulting application name: svchost.exe_WbioSrvc, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x32d6c210 Faulting module name: UPKBU.DLL, version: 1.6.1.341, time stamp: 0x502239a7 Exception code: 0xc0000005...