Windows 10: Thinkpad T60 & T61 snafu - apps go to own active windows w/ W10 64bit

Discus and support Thinkpad T60 & T61 snafu - apps go to own active windows w/ W10 64bit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 64bit on two Lenovo Thinkpads, a T60 and a T61, and with each, when using the trackpad, frequently a touch on the pad (don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drmuse, Feb 27, 2019.

1. drmuse Win User

Thinkpad T60 & T61 snafu - apps go to own active windows w/ W10 64bit

I'm running Windows 10 64bit on two Lenovo Thinkpads, a T60 and a T61, and with each, when using the trackpad, frequently a touch on the pad (don't know exactly what!!!) causes all open applications to appear in side by side equal sized windows. On these machines I run apps full screen almost all the time, so it's an annoyance to have to bring back the app I was working on to full screen (either by clicking on it or hitting ESC).

I suppose this has to do with advanced trackpad gesture support in Windows 10, I don't recall having this problem when I was running Windows 7 on the machines.

I've tried configuring the machines and found no solution as yet.

Do I have to downgrade to Windows 7 on the machines to stop this annoying unwanted behavior?

:)

drmuse, Feb 27, 2019

2. W10 Creator Update V. 1703 on ThinkPad T60

My old ThinkPad T60 is with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950.

I did a clean install of W10 V 1703 because of an endless loop during normal Windows Update.

The Version 1703 woks well apart from the fact that the screen brigtness at maximum is reduced to about 25 % of what it was before, so the PC is not nice to use anymore.

I hope a future update will solve the problem.

Jan BruunAndersen, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Thinkpad T60 Volume Controls

So I installed the hotkey fix for Windows 7 on the thinkpad t60 2007-4au and I still have no volume controls.

AvidSurvivalist, Feb 27, 2019
  4. srfreeman Win User

W10 Creator Update V. 1703 on ThinkPad T60

Lenovo provides a fair amount of information concerning your old laptop at: Page Not Found - FR

It appears your old laptop is simply not supported for use with Version 1703.

srfreeman, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Thinkpad T60 & T61 snafu - apps go to own active windows w/ W10 64bit - Similar Threads - Thinkpad T60 T61

2. Go 2 Windows 10S activation and potentiial replacement with W 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Go 2 Windows 10S activation and potentiial replacement with W 10: I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I just bought a new Surface Go 2. First question, I don't want to have to sign in to a Microsoft account every time I use the computer. How do I do this? I will use it mainly as a tablet for reading magazine subscriptions that I am...
  3. Old MB w/W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Old MB w/W10?: Hi all :) I have an old ASUS P6T w/an Intel Core i7 from 10 (?) years ago. I would like to install W10 (as opposed to 7). I went to the ASUS site, and looked at the MB, but it makes no mention of OS Does anyone know if I will be able to install and run W10 here? I did a...
  4. W10 32bit-64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 32bit-64bit: I have the Media Creation Tool to go from 32-bit to 64bit. Following various youtube videos, I restart my computer and hit F10 to get to the Bios Setup Utilitiy and can't go any further. Help!...
  5. Thinkpad T60 & T61 snafu - apps go to own active windows w/ W10 64bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thinkpad T60 & T61 snafu - apps go to own active windows w/ W10 64bit: I'm running Windows 10 64bit on two Lenovo Thinkpads, a T60 and a T61, and with each, when using the trackpad, frequently a touch on the pad (don't know exactly what!!!) causes all open applications to appear in side by side equal sized windows. On these machines I run apps...
  6. IBM Thinkpad T60 - Windows 10 32-bit install DvD will not boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IBM Thinkpad T60 - Windows 10 32-bit install DvD will not boot.: I have an IBM Thinkpad T60 with a clean Windows Vista which I want to upgrade to windows 10. I downladed the 32bit install DVD from Microsoft.com. And bought a Key. When I try to boot the DVD it doesn't and after a few minutes it give a blue screen with the message:...
  7. Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro !

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro !: Hi there anybody know how to fix this Have changed no hardware whatsoever on this machine -- was running perfectly until about an hour ago and then said please activate windows !!!!! here's the screenshot [img] What to do next -- can restore but I'd rather...
  8. NewsGroupsRT oddity w/W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NewsGroupsRT oddity w/W10: After I installed W10, all my apps worked fine with the exception of a very irritating glitch with NewsgroupsRT. When replying to a message and the line auto-wraps, the cursor goes to the top of the message instead of after the last character typed as it should. Reported...
  9. Rennovated Thinkpad T61 drops WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rennovated Thinkpad T61 drops WiFi: I recently upgraded the machine with an SSD, fan, Middleton BIOS (for the SSD) and clean Win10--now it's a great backup to my P50. However, while the machine has no problem connecting to the network and internet with Ethernet--turning on the radios switch and using WiFi, the...
  10. Thinkpad T60 Volume Controls

in Windows 10 Support
    Thinkpad T60 Volume Controls: So I installed the hotkey fix for Windows 7 on the thinkpad t60 2007-4au and I still have no volume controls. 27134