Windows 10: Thinkpad T60 Volume Controls

Discus and support Thinkpad T60 Volume Controls in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I installed the hotkey fix for Windows 7 on the thinkpad t60 2007-4au and I still have no volume controls. 27134 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AvidSurvivalist, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Thinkpad T60 Volume Controls

So I installed the hotkey fix for Windows 7 on the thinkpad t60 2007-4au and I still have no volume controls.

:)

AvidSurvivalist, Oct 19, 2015
  2. srfreeman Win User
    srfreeman, Oct 19, 2015
  3. biker2604 Win User
    Ovi Suite 2.1.1.1 does not run Videos anymore

The System is an IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad T60 Model 1951-A47, running WinXP SP3.

Nothing has changed from a system perspective.

Only Ovi Suite was updated to 2.1.1.1.

biker2604, Oct 19, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Thinkpad T60 Volume Controls

What do you mean volume controls? If changing the volume with the keyboard shortcuts doesn't show the volume bar on screen, you may need to install the "Quick Launcher" (or similar) utility from notebook's download site. If you have no sound at all, you need to install audio drivers. Be more specific so we can help you.

spapakons, Oct 20, 2015
  5. I have sound but cannot control it via keyboard controls. I can control it by clicking the sound icon. I installed the hotkey drivers from Lenovo but they do not work.

AvidSurvivalist, Oct 20, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Did you install the hotkey utility? This should make the key combinations work. It is a driver, although placed in the utilities section.

spapakons, Oct 20, 2015
  7. Yes I installed it, the fn f2-f12 work but not the volume buttons do not function. I attached an image of the keys.

Thinkpad T60 Volume Controls [​IMG]

AvidSurvivalist, Oct 20, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Well, I didn't go through all the drivers and utilities for your model, but surely if you find and install the right one they will work. Unless they are faulty. Have you tried to do all Windows Updates? Maybe the required software will be installed automatically.

spapakons, Oct 20, 2015
  9. I played music today and found out they do work but they don't control the windows volume, the volume changes but windows does not show it happening

AvidSurvivalist, Oct 21, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    You mean that the volume icon remains the same, not indicating off, low, high etc? In this case the controls may affect only the currently playing volume, not the main volume. The volume icon shows changes in the main volume only. I wouldn't worry about that as long as they work.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Thinkpad T60 Volume Controls - Similar Threads - Thinkpad T60 Volume

2. Volume control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume control: Can I move my sound button in Windows 11 so it pops up alone with one click? When I click on the volume, another screen pops up with another sound button and a button to brighten the screen. This requires two clicks to turn something down or up. The screen brightener should...
  3. Volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume control: I am unable to mute the volume control button. Can you help? Thanks. Ann Rice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control/5617587a-1010-4fb5-8506-ec72b280c74b
  4. Volume Control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Control: I don't know why, but while I was away for a few days, I lost my ability to control my volume from the volume icon on the right side of my task bar. How do I restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control/c426c29f-bed4-4526-9583-cbd7c92b3868
  5. volume control

volume control: Have windows 10 , works great except cannot increase audio sound which compounds my hearing problem. This happened fairly recently regardless of what I watch .Troubleshoot reports no problems to fix . The computer is ten years old...
  6. Volume control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume control: i can control the volume when using earbuds with my phone but I can’t control volume when using my smart tv. It always stays on loud. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control/49e4fa13-ecba-4864-a2c2-490294a0b87c
  7. Thinkpad T60 & T61 snafu - apps go to own active windows w/ W10 64bit

Thinkpad T60 & T61 snafu - apps go to own active windows w/ W10 64bit: I'm running Windows 10 64bit on two Lenovo Thinkpads, a T60 and a T61, and with each, when using the trackpad, frequently a touch on the pad (don't know exactly what!!!) causes all open applications to appear in side by side equal sized windows. On these machines I run apps...
  8. Thinkpad T60 & T61 snafu - apps go to own active windows w/ W10 64bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Thinkpad T60 & T61 snafu - apps go to own active windows w/ W10 64bit: I'm running Windows 10 64bit on two Lenovo Thinkpads, a T60 and a T61, and with each, when using the trackpad, frequently a touch on the pad (don't know exactly what!!!) causes all open applications to appear in side by side equal sized windows. On these machines I run apps...
  9. IBM Thinkpad T60 - Windows 10 32-bit install DvD will not boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IBM Thinkpad T60 - Windows 10 32-bit install DvD will not boot.: I have an IBM Thinkpad T60 with a clean Windows Vista which I want to upgrade to windows 10. I downladed the 32bit install DVD from Microsoft.com. And bought a Key. When I try to boot the DVD it doesn't and after a few minutes it give a blue screen with the message:...
  10. volume control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume control: volume control on taskbar won't work any longer. can;t right click it either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/volume-control/47395294-f39d-4d4a-bc6e-175d3248ae71

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thinkpad t60 windows 10 osd volume