Windows 10: ThinkPad W540 With Fresh Install Stuttering After Downloading Updates and Drivers

Discus and support ThinkPad W540 With Fresh Install Stuttering After Downloading Updates and Drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a ThinkPad W540 for a friend. When the install was fresh, everything seemed to work fine but after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/panzersharkcat, May 19, 2020.

1. ThinkPad W540 With Fresh Install Stuttering After Downloading Updates and Drivers

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a ThinkPad W540 for a friend. When the install was fresh, everything seemed to work fine but after I downloaded all updates from Microsoft and Lenovo, it started getting random freezes/hanging. To verify it's a software and not a hardware problem, I tried booting up Linux Mint on a USB. No freezes, hanging, or stuttering at all. I've also cleaned out the fans and changed out the thermal paste, for what that's worth.

submitted by /u/panzersharkcat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/panzersharkcat, May 19, 2020
  2. mlee49 Win User

Driver Update/install

Ok, so let me get the basics down first.

1st delete the old driver(software or one by one)
    2nd Install new drivers from download
    3rd test new drivers

Reboot after steps 1 & 2?

mlee49, May 19, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, May 19, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

ThinkPad W540 With Fresh Install Stuttering After Downloading Updates and Drivers

zbook, May 19, 2020
Thema:

ThinkPad W540 With Fresh Install Stuttering After Downloading Updates and Drivers

1. ThinkPad W540 With Fresh Install Stuttering After Downloading Updates and Drivers - Similar Threads - ThinkPad W540 Fresh

2. Audio stuttering in games after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio stuttering in games after fresh windows install: After doing a completely fresh install of windows 10 using a usb with media tool. Since the fresh install some games Hitman 3 and Assassin's creed Odyssey notably have serious stuttering issues that were not present at all before the reinstallation of windows. I was wondering...
  3. Audio stuttering in games after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio stuttering in games after fresh windows install: After doing a completely fresh install of windows 10 using a usb with media tool. Since the fresh install some games Hitman 3 and Assassin's creed Odyssey notably have serious stuttering issues that were not present at all before the reinstallation of windows. I was wondering...
  4. Stuttering after fresh Windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering after fresh Windows install: Hello, I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC, and I have been getting stuttering since, mostly in games. I had not had such problems previously. I have made sure to uninstall and reinstall my display adapter and install the newest drivers for it. Am I missing...
  5. Background updates after fresh install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Background updates after fresh install?: A week or two ago I had to reinstall my Windows. Since then I am slowed down by frequent 99% CPU because System interrupts are hogging CPU time. My System interrupts have a 'Very high' Power usage. When I switch to another program I am staring at the screen while nothing...
  6. Sony WH-XB900N stuttering after fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony WH-XB900N stuttering after fresh Windows 10 install: I own the Sony WH-XB900N, and an MPOW MPBH079AB Bluetooth USB adapter, and have been using them with no problem for a year. Yesterday, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my PC using the media creation tool. I went through the same steps to install the drivers as I did...
  7. Motherboard drivers after fresh Win10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Motherboard drivers after fresh Win10 install: Do you need to install now the drivers from the motherboard manufacturers website or the Win10 install them by itself? I mean for example chipset drivers submitted by /u/MrGohut [link] [comments]...
  8. System wide stuttering in latest install of windows after a fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System wide stuttering in latest install of windows after a fresh install: Hello, I recently built a new computer and installed windows 10 on it. After I the first hour or so I started experiencing a system-wide stuttering. It happens while I play games, it happens while I watch Netflix, and it is happening while I type this. It makes any kind of...
  9. Constant stuttering and fps drops after fresh installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant stuttering and fps drops after fresh installation: I had a long running problem where whenever playing a certain game for longer than an hour 2, id blue screen with various error messages including but not limited to: kernel_mode_heap_corruption and Kernel_security_check_failure. I reinstalled windows and updated my drivers...
  10. Download Driver Updates - But not Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Download Driver Updates - But not Install: Can I configure Windows 10 to download Driver updates but not install them? I would like to review the Driver Updates separately and possibly install at a later time.. 97487