Windows 10: Thinkpad X380 Yoga: Tablet Mode doesn't work

Discus and support Thinkpad X380 Yoga: Tablet Mode doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X380 Yoga as a work issue computer which was sent to me November 2018. When I got it I could easily navigate from Desktop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SethAnglin, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Thinkpad X380 Yoga: Tablet Mode doesn't work

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X380 Yoga as a work issue computer which was sent to me November 2018. When I got it I could easily navigate from Desktop to tablet mode and back. However tablet mode no longer works. I try flipping the screen over to enter tablet mode and the touchscreen stops working as if it's frozen. I will still get a notification box asking if I'd like to switch to tablet mode however I can't get that prompt to go away. I can try to click 'ok' with mixed results. Sometimes the prompt goes away but it always comes right back.

The only difference I can think of is in early December my company forced an update to Windows 10 Enterprise however numerous internet searches haven't confirmed any link between a windows update and my specific issue. I have searched my system for any available lenovo updates and I think I've done them all. I'm not an IT expert but the only thing I can think of now is a manufacturer reboot, which I would like to avoid.

Any other recommendations would be extremely appreciated. -- Thanks!

:)

SethAnglin, Dec 30, 2018

2. Thinkpad Yoga Stuck in Tablet Mode

Ever since the update on Tuesday my ThinkPad Yoga won't return to laptop mode from tablet mode. I've tried swiping in from the right to switch off tablet mode. That will get my desktop to change but my touchpad and keyboard remain disabled. The only solution
    that has worked so far is to completely shutdown the computer and turn it back on (restarting the computer doesn't solve the problem). Also, just prior to the update I had connected a newly purchased monitor for extended mode connected through HDMI. The update
    came through as I was playing around with the new monitor but the only thing I did was Windows+P to go into extended mode. I'm not sure what the cause of the issue is but I would appreciate any help anyone can give. I'm a student and I frequently switch back-and-forth
    between laptop and tablet modes. This has been a really headache.

Update: I looked up how to uninstall and reinstall Windows updates. I uninstalled the updates, restarted the computer, and test the tablet mode issue. The issue was still there. I reinstalled the updates, restarted the computer and the issue is still there.
    This leads me to believe that the updates were not the source of the issue (please correct me if I'm wrong). I also updated the monitor drivers and that didn't resolve the issue. Actually, I checked for updates for everything in device manager (even system
    devices). Still have the issue.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

BrianHoblin, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Tablet Mode

Tablet Mode doesn"t work Windows 10 64 bit

TODDDEGROSS, Dec 30, 2018
  4. quinn_877 Win User

Thinkpad X380 Yoga: Tablet Mode doesn't work

thinkpad tablet mode doesnt work

I have not been able to turn on my Thinkpad tablet mode, the touch screen does not work, when i open the menu, it says switch to tablet mode, which, upon clicking, nothing happens and touch screen still doesn't work. I tried to go to the HID and fix the
    touch screen but i didn't have that as an option. I went to system settings and tried to fix it there but it also failed to help.

quinn_877, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Thinkpad X380 Yoga: Tablet Mode doesn't work

1. Thinkpad X380 Yoga: Tablet Mode doesn't work - Similar Threads - Thinkpad X380 Yoga

2. tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tablet mode doesn't work: i have a gateway notebook that folds into a tablet. every time I try to fold it and use it as a tablet, the screen goes black and i cant turn it back on without reopening the laptop, then when I fold it back, repeats process. how do I use it? it is also brand new, have only...
  3. tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tablet mode doesn't work: i have a gateway notebook that folds into a tablet. every time I try to fold it and use it as a tablet, the screen goes black and i cant turn it back on without reopening the laptop, then when I fold it back, repeats process. how do I use it? it is also brand new, have only...
  4. Thinkpad x1 yoga gen6

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Thinkpad x1 yoga gen6: I have recently get into the problem, that my laptop won't go to sleep when charging. I have set up the baterry plan and other thing. It can go to sleep using the battery.I checked in the powershell with devicequery wake_programmable and I got this.I then checked the device...
  5. Thinkpad x1 yoga gen6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thinkpad x1 yoga gen6: I have recently get into the problem, that my laptop won't go to sleep when charging. I have set up the baterry plan and other thing. It can go to sleep using the battery.I checked in the powershell with devicequery wake_programmable and I got this.I then checked the device...
  6. Thinkpad x1 yoga gen6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. lenovo yoga 720-15, touch screen not working in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lenovo yoga 720-15, touch screen not working in tablet mode: touch screen doesn't work in tablet mode...help tnks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-720-15-touch-screen-not-working-in/bdac6436-85af-4996-9a43-d278c6c30c27
  8. tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    tablet mode doesn't work: hi my tablet mode doesn't work when i turn it on and touch something nothing happens please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode-doesnt-work/14a97bc9-3d73-4252-8c32-c00b5f1f221b
  9. Tablet mode touch screen doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet mode touch screen doesn't work: I have been trying to use my tablet mode but the touch screen doesn't work. I have checked and there are no HID-compliant touch screen drivers installed. Is there a way to install this driver or some other way to get the touch screen to work?...
  10. desktop not available on X380 Yoga

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop not available on X380 Yoga: My laptop restarted itself for having an error while I was working today. After it's restarted, the desktop just disappeared. It's not available now on this laptop. What can be done to solve this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yoga x380 keyboard not working

2. lenovo x380 yoga touchscreen not working

3. x380 yoga touch screen click issue

4. tablet mode doesnt wok on my thinkpad,
  5. yoga x380 touch keyboard in tablet mode,
  6. why has my touch screen stopped working lenovo x380 yoga,
  7. why doesnt my copy button wotk on x380 yoga,
  8. x380 tab mode,
  9. touch screen mode lonovo x390,
  10. my x380 doesnt switch on,
  11. putting yoga 380 in touch mode,