Windows 10: Thinkpad's TouchPad buttons not working

Discus and support Thinkpad's TouchPad buttons not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Thinkpad's TouchPad stopped working, that is, the buttons on top and bottom not working nor is the double fingertap to get a left click. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThomasStephan1, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Thinkpad's TouchPad buttons not working

My Thinkpad's TouchPad stopped working, that is, the buttons on top and bottom not working nor is the double fingertap to get a left click. The options to set up the buttons do not appear under settings - so it is as if it is not being recognized. Downloaded latest drives too.

:)

ThomasStephan1, Apr 2, 2020

2. Working Touchpad drivers for Thinkpad R500?

Hi, if you have a Lenovo Thinkpad R500 and your touchpad is working with scroll in the MS apps, could you post which drivers you are using?

My touchpad works with scroll, but not in System, startmenu, Devices, Edge and Store.

Also Precision touchpad is missing alot in Mouse & touchpad.

Thinkpad's TouchPad buttons not working [​IMG]

This is how it should look like

Thinkpad's TouchPad buttons not working [​IMG]

If yours are showing everything, could you upload your registry files here.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PrecisionTouchPad

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PrecisionTouchPad

insomniacno1, Apr 2, 2020
  3. KJ_222 Win User
    Windows 10 Start button and touchpad won't work

I have two issues after upgrading to Windows 10:

• Touchpad doesn't work. I have seen several posts where the touchpad will not work after installing windows 10, but I have not found any solutions for my HP laptop. Has anyone found a solution?
    • My start button does not work, I can only get to my files through explorer. Any suggestions?
    Thank you for any help

KJ_222, Apr 2, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Thinkpad's TouchPad buttons not working

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Thinkpad's TouchPad buttons not working

1. Thinkpad's TouchPad buttons not working - Similar Threads - Thinkpad's TouchPad buttons

2. The touchpad buttons arent working suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The touchpad buttons arent working suddenly: I have a HP Envy, fully updated on windows10. Just woke up today to work on my laptop and the right/left "buttons" area dont really work when i press. the touchpad itself works so using one/two fingers i can work, but i dont understand what to do.i tried checking for touchpad...
  3. The touchpad buttons arent working suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The touchpad buttons arent working suddenly: I have a HP Envy, fully updated on windows10. Just woke up today to work on my laptop and the right/left "buttons" area dont really work when i press. the touchpad itself works so using one/two fingers i can work, but i dont understand what to do.i tried checking for touchpad...
  4. Lenovo Thinkpad touchpad buttons not working for my user account only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Thinkpad touchpad buttons not working for my user account only: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Nano touchpad buttons are not working for my user account only.For a generic administrator account, the touchpad buttons are working.How would I resolve this?I have tried reinstalling the touchpad drivers as administrator, but it says I have the same...
  5. Lenovo Thinkpad touchpad buttons not working for my user account only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Thinkpad touchpad buttons not working for my user account only: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Nano touchpad buttons are not working for my user account only.For a generic administrator account, the touchpad buttons are working.How would I resolve this?I have tried reinstalling the touchpad drivers as administrator, but it says I have the same...
  6. Touchpad and mouse buttons not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad and mouse buttons not working: I have an issue with the touchpad and mouse today. They simply stopped working. Actually, it happens that they work from time to time for only a few seconds, but then the problem starts again. I have managed to try the standard steps, i.e. to uninstall the drivers and...
  7. Problem with working of middle button on touchpad

Problem with working of middle button on touchpad: Recently I started my laptop in the morning and I came to realize that that Middle Click on my touchpad was not working. I tried installing the drivers and all but Then after another problem arise. that my two-finger and tree finger gestures stooped working. and that driver...
  8. TOUCHPAD ON LENOVO THINKPAD

TOUCHPAD ON LENOVO THINKPAD: Updated drivers but still cant get touchpad to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-on-lenovo-thinkpad/e713eb98-38b9-4f08-9c3d-74f361e10b0f
  9. windows button not working with touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows button not working with touchpad: I cannot access the settings in windows to attempt to unfreeze https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-button-not-working-with-touchpad/b97aa951-831a-4b2b-86ba-ab414f714c95
  10. Working Touchpad drivers for Thinkpad R500?

Working Touchpad drivers for Thinkpad R500?: Hi, if you have a Lenovo Thinkpad R500 and your touchpad is working with scroll in the MS apps, could you post which drivers you are using? My touchpad works with scroll, but not in System, startmenu, Devices, Edge and Store. Also Precision touchpad is missing alot in...