Windows 10: Third column added to folder view

Discus and support Third column added to folder view in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know if this is something new or if I just never had it happen to me before. When I open a folder with songs listed, a third column is being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by larrydonline, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Third column added to folder view

I don't know if this is something new or if I just never had it happen to me before. When I open a folder with songs listed, a third column is being created on the right side. It has the artist, title at the top, an icon to represent the song, then the same list of properties in a column that is in the row at the top of the folder window. You know, things like bit rate, length, when created, etc.

Third column added to folder view [​IMG]

This new unwanted window within the folder window keeps me from being able to expand the columns of data that I've selected when listing songs in the window.

I've found that I can make that third window go away by grabbing the right margin of the window and dragging it towards the left. At some point the window remaining will get too small and the third window will go away. But when I drag that margin/border back far enough to the right, it pops up again.

I wish I could make it go away permanently, but I don't know what causes it to appear. This just started this month. Any answers appreciated.

:)

larrydonline, Oct 26, 2018

2. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Oct 26, 2018
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Third column added to folder view

File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a default view)

Hi,

To clarify your concern, we'd like to know if you're trying to change the width of all columns to fit their contents in a folder. If yes, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the folder with a details layout view that you want to change the width of columns to fit.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Click on Size all columns to fit in the ribbon.

Third column added to folder view eeea339d-a1e0-4522-afe3-31f32bb87c65.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Third column added to folder view

1. Third column added to folder view - Similar Threads - Third column added

2. adding third monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding third monitor: When I go to System > Display only two monitors are displayed, but the one on the left shows 2 and the one on the right shows 1/3. I want 3 independent monitors and it duplicates 1 monitor into two. The System > Display should show 3 separate monitors. Please advise....
  3. adding third monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding third monitor: When I go to System > Display only two monitors are displayed, but the one on the left shows 2 and the one on the right shows 1/3. I want 3 independent monitors and it duplicates 1 monitor into two. The System > Display should show 3 separate monitors. Please advise....
  4. Added third monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Added third monitor: I just add a third monitor to my setup. I cannot adjust the resolution on this one to match the other two. They are 1920 - 1080. Thus one will not adjust to more than 720x576 I saw previous threads on this subject but they were very old nothing I tried from those worked....
  5. Added third monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Added third monitor: I just add a third monitor to my setup. I cannot adjust the resolution on this one to match the other two. They are 1920 - 1080. Thus one will not adjust to more than 720x576 I saw previous threads on this subject but they were very old nothing I tried from those worked....
  6. Added third monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder": I'm manually copying a large number of files from one folder to another. The folder names, modified date, and creation date are all irrelevant for keeping track of where I am in the process. The only sort option that would be useful to me is "Date/Time the file was added to...
  8. Details view truncating columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Details view truncating columns: After a recent Windows 10 update columns in the details view optimized for music are truncated to 26 characters. Stretching out the column does no good. Limited to 26 characters. Makes it impossible to see complete song and/or album titles in many case. What happened?...
  9. Favorites/Folders column viewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites/Folders column viewing: I am trying to have my Favorites/Folders column to be already open and viewable when I open my Outlook inbox mail. The above column also shows all the folders I have composed, etc. I would like it to stay open all the time. Right now my inbox mail list takes up the whole...
  10. Adding columns in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding columns in the start menu: Hi! Im currently trying to increase the amount of columns displayed to 2. I have a tiny 7 inch screen with DPI set at 150% which makes the start menu only show one column. Do anyone know how to increase this to two? [img] 9011