Windows 10: Third HDD in device management but not Computer management... cannot access, but it is...

Discus and support Third HDD in device management but not Computer management... cannot access, but it is... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My windows 10 desktop has a third drive, an HDD, that is recognized in Device manager but does not show up in Computer management. I can't access it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BuiltToGrind, May 6, 2019.

1. Third HDD in device management but not Computer management... cannot access, but it is...

My windows 10 desktop has a third drive, an HDD, that is recognized in Device manager but does not show up in Computer management. I can't access it, but it appears to be there when I look under Disk Drives in Device Manager. I tried using Diskpart in the command window, it isn't listed as a volume there, either. Why can't I use my third drive?

:)

BuiltToGrind, May 6, 2019

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 6, 2019
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Third HDD in device management but not Computer management... cannot access, but it is... [​IMG]

AphexDreamer, May 6, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Third HDD in device management but not Computer management... cannot access, but it is...

Device Manager is not in the Computer Management

Device Manager is on the Right-click of the Start button of my Win10 Home and Win10 Pro computers, many things are such as Control Panel, Command Prompt [2 items], etc. Also different from Win7 is Startup has been moved from msconfig to the Task Manager.

Berton, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Third HDD in device management but not Computer management... cannot access, but it is...

1. Third HDD in device management but not Computer management... cannot access, but it is... - Similar Threads - Third HDD device

2. External HDD appears in device manager but not disk manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD appears in device manager but not disk manager: I was transferring data to my external HDD when the transfer dropped to 0b/s and refused to pause and cancel, eventually resulting in the window becoming unresponsive. I ended up plugging out the HDD at that point as I couldn't get it to eject. Subsequently the HDD was no...
  3. Cannot access device manager or settings due to "Windows cannot access the speccified...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot access device manager or settings due to "Windows cannot access the speccified...: Hi, as the title says I am having this issue. I looked up some solutions and they involve files, however, device manager and my settings are not files so I'm not sure how to fix it. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/TheEpicBox [link] [comments]...
  4. Device Manager Access Blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Manager Access Blocked: Hi, I Can't Use Device Manager. I Tried SFC In Command Port & I Changed My User Account, But It's The Same And It Doesn't Work. Please Help Me.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-access-blocked/d23636bf-f351-4f95-adb5-933cf47dd0a4"
  5. Access to device manager denied.

Access to device manager denied.: I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M426FDW (new) and HP ENVY Desktop – 750 (year old). I first tried to install the printer from supplied install cd. It came back with an error, took to long to install, stopping installed. In addition, I download the install software for the printer...
  6. Cannot access Bluetooth / It does not appear in Device Manager

Cannot access Bluetooth / It does not appear in Device Manager: I've been having trouble the last couple of days since updating my laptop with my Bluetooth cutting out and disconnecting my wireless headphones. Today I restarted my laptop and Bluetooth has just vanished. When I go to Bluetooth & other devices in Settings I see this....
  7. Unable To Access Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable To Access Device Manager.: You made it so admins cannot open Device Manger, Microsoft? I now have to stop everything I am doing to do a bunch of stupid things to regain device manager access. ***Edited Original Title From: YOU MORONS made it so ADMINS cannot open DEVICE MANAGER? Microsoft =...
  8. cannot access task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access task manager: I blocked Recovery through the GPO with “hide: Recovery” because I need to remove access to advanced startup. Everything worked fine but I have found out recently that the task manager is blocked. I am not sure if it is the blocking of Recovery caused this issue or not. But...
  9. cannot access task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot access task manager: [ATTACH] what i can do about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cannot-access-task-manager/8dd70abb-6365-4199-a7bc-5197f71134a8
  10. Device Manager is not in the Computer Management

Device Manager is not in the Computer Management: It's strange that Device Manager is not in the Computer Management on my Win10. It was there yesterday, but I don't know why it disappeared. Any method of adding it back? Thanks! 57408

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HDD visable in conmputer mangement but cannot access