Windows 10: Third install of windows, File system keeps corrupting

Discus and support Third install of windows, File system keeps corrupting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently I built myself a new pc, I installed windows 7, everything worked fine for a while until after installing a few updates, I started to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mshoward, Feb 22, 2019.

1. mshoward Win User

Third install of windows, File system keeps corrupting

So recently I built myself a new pc, I installed windows 7, everything worked fine for a while until after installing a few updates, I started to get frequent bluescreens and freezes

so i tried startup repair, sfc /scannow, chkdsk, i did a memory test to see if that might have been the issue but got no errors, eventually i did a fresh install of windows, it started working again, eventually the same thing had happened, I did all the same things i attempted previously, after getting fed up with it i decided to upgrade to windows 10.

Windows 10 works much better and I haven't had too many issues,I had one bluescreen at first but a system restore fixed it, now i cant stay on desktop for more than a minute without a bluescreen, i made a restore point when everything was working but now even that doesn't seem to fix anything. startup repair wont work, im starting to notice that these corruptions of the filesystem only seem to happen after updates. I am exhausted trying to figure out what the root cause is.

I will post my specs as soon as I can get them.

:)

mshoward, Feb 22, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 22, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Third install of windows, File system keeps corrupting

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Third install of windows, File system keeps corrupting

1. Third install of windows, File system keeps corrupting - Similar Threads - Third install File

2. Corrupted system files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted system files: Hello, i have recently fallen into a problem with my windows 10 operating system. It all started when i wanted to factory reset my windows, because i had problems with windows updates, it always reverted the changes. I started the factory reset process, but that didnt work...
  3. System file corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System file corrupted: how to reinstall WINNET.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-file-corrupted/3798dd57-3e78-48ba-8977-7fa973e634e2
  4. System corrupted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System corrupted files: can anyone help me my pc keep showing this error message "The application was unable to start corrrectly 0x c00000050" i tried using sfc and dism but the corrupted file cant fix by those two...
  5. Corrupted System Files

Corrupted System Files: Windows version: 1909 10.0.18363.836 System language is Czech, applications' language is English US Story: Got a transient error notification message while gaming, it asked me if I want to fix it, I had clicked yes, closed every running program and waited for some time....
  6. Corrupt system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt system files: I ran sfc \scannow and it found corrupt system files but could not repair all of them. How can I get the other corrupt files repaired. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupt-system-files/db466317-c856-4ed5-af3b-e423e81e98da"
  7. System file corruption on clean install

System file corruption on clean install: Win10 Pro 1903 Build 18362.267 Here is a guide I have followed and didn't help; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors I ended up creating a bootable usb with MediaCreationTool1903, deleting all partitions and doing a fresh install. After...
  8. Corrupted system files????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted system files????: I use windows 10 on hp laptop and yesterday when I went to shut it down it said it was updating. When I turned it on today, it started the setup with cortana assist where you put in your country and keyboard information.... It has the option 'or even better, use an online...
  9. Corrupted System Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted System Files: Hi Microsoft, how can I fix corrupted system files? please help. seems like the commands I got didn't work out tho[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-system-files/70851cc4-93f2-4517-b107-6c6552d5c9cc"
  10. Windows file system corrupt

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows file system corrupt: Apparently my windows file system is corrupt after performing an SFC /Scannow on my surface pro 3. I decided to go through with a full reset using the windows usb stick i received through Microsoft and for some reason its not fixing my issue. Attached is the CBS log file....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc keeps corrupting system files

2. system files keep corrupting