Windows 10: Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it.

Discus and support Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the recent update to 1909 or 1903, the usual US+HU layouts I use were replaced by ENG/US+ENG/HU+HUN. Both on my desktop and notebook. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gabest, Jan 14, 2020 at 11:37 AM.

1. Gabest Win User

Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it.

After the recent update to 1909 or 1903, the usual US+HU layouts I use were replaced by ENG/US+ENG/HU+HUN. Both on my desktop and notebook.

The system settings do not reflect it, there are just the two old layouts. I tried deleting, re-adding them, every time I am presented with the selection of three layouts next to the clock. Interestingly, alt+shift only switches between ENG/US and HUN, or between ENG/HU and HUN. Sometimes it flips to the latter until I manually select ENG/US by the mouse, then it's back to the former for a while.

Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it. 7b53c683-3d51-4e68-af55-c5731402fbc6?upload=true.png Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it. 45026603-d663-4cf6-a8fd-a6afc2e76d8a?upload=true.png Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it. cb7045aa-9b80-43fb-a9c0-fd0b3a72e34e?upload=true.png Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it. ba76fe26-73e7-47e5-bb11-dc174196ca88?upload=true.png

:)

2. Extra keyboard layouts have appeared that I can't get rid of

Recently, perhaps since the update to Windows 10 Creator edition, I have two additional keyboard layouts which I do not want, but I can't get rid of. Before this I had just two languages and layouts -- UK English with (from a third party) the US International
    AltGr Dead Keys layout, and Belgian French with the Canadian multilingual layout. Now I also have UK English with a UK keyboard and US English with the basic US keyboard. This makes it very difficult to switch between layouts since I don't know which version
    of English I have switched to.

However when I go into the region and language settings, only the original two layouts are listed. The other two are missing, which means that I can't get rid of them. What do I need to do?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

3. Language list appears when there is only one keyboard layout used in a user account

There’re two user accounts on my computer running on Windows 10. In my account, the interface language is English (United Kingdom) and the keyboard layout is United States–International; in the other account, English (United Kingdom) is also the interface
    language, but the keyboard layout is US.

Since a particular update which took place a few months ago, a language list appears on the far-right of the task bar in my account, and it allows me to switch between United States–International and US. However, if I go to that area for language settings
    on the control panel, only United States–International is shown. In order to get rid of the language list, I need to manually add US as a second keyboard layout and remove it afterwards. Even so, the language list always re-appears whenever I restart my computer.
    Is there a way to permanently get rid of that language list? Before that particular update I’ve mentioned, there was no language list when there was only one keyboard layout used in a user account.

4. Nikhar_K Win User

English (United States) keyboard layout keeps appearing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that English (United States) keyboard layout keeps appearing automatically. I’ll certainly help you with the steps to remove it.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if you are able to remove the language pack:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      lpksetup /u en-US.
    4. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Thema:

1. Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it. - Similar Threads - Third keyboard layout

2. Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of: As linguistics is a hobby of mine, I recently decided to install the Keyman app to get an IPA keyboard layout. I installed it on my standard language (British English) and another keyboard appeared, using the US-INTL keyboard layout, which I can't get rid of using the normal...
  3. English United States keyboard layout keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    English United States keyboard layout keeps appearing: Hello there , So i have an issue with the keyboard layout , it not a huge problem but it's time time consuming , so to get you in the picture , i'm using windows 10 in english and for the keyboard layout i choosed french azerty , but everytime the system keeps adding...
  4. keyboard layouts

keyboard layouts: I have a lenovo laptop, I use two languages, Hebrew and English. in the last little while the "AZE" keyboard is added by it's self. I know how to add and to remove keyboard in windows but the situation is odd, when I go to language preferences I don't see the AZE in the list,...
  5. Keyboard layout

Keyboard layout: The keyboard layout in my daughters account is different to mine. I have the main account, hers is secondary. My keyboard layout is as it should be, but hers has the " coming up as @ & vice versa. How do I change this please. In both accounts, the region language shows as...
  6. Keyboard layout

Keyboard layout: I have just purchased a Lenovo V110 laptop. I have set the keyboard to UK, but whenever I reboot, it reverts to the US layout. I can change it to UK by pressing the windows button + space bar, but the next time I boot up it goes back to US layout. How can I stop this...
  7. Cannot remove a Keyboard layout indefinitely

Cannot remove a Keyboard layout indefinitely: I have written and shown the problem in this forum thread: https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/120304-cannot-remove-keyboard-layout-indefinitely.html I really don't know why after every restart I get 3 keyboards layouts if I have installed two language packs and in...
  8. Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely

Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely: I have written and shown the problem in this thread https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/120304-cannot-remove-keyboard-layout-indefinitely.html I really don't know why after every restart I get 3 keyboards layouts if I have installed two language packs and in each one...
  9. Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely: Hi, I have 2 language packs installed Hebrew (only keyboard layout needed) and US-English (for all the other thing i.e UI ,keyboard ,speech, handwriting etc...) For some reason Windows insists on installing me a 3rd keyboard layout called "United States - International"...
  10. Keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard layout: Hi I am trying to get the keyboard I am used to (Canadian Multilingual) where the way to type "à" is first the accent key then the letter. This keyboard also gives me the french style quotation marks when I type shift 2. Thanks in advance Robert...