Windows 10: Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it.

Discus and support Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the recent update to 1909 or 1903, the usual US+HU layouts I use were replaced by ENG/US+ENG/HU+HUN. Both on my desktop and notebook. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gabest, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Gabest Win User

Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it.

After the recent update to 1909 or 1903, the usual US+HU layouts I use were replaced by ENG/US+ENG/HU+HUN. Both on my desktop and notebook.

The system settings do not reflect it, there are just the two old layouts. I tried deleting, re-adding them, every time I am presented with the selection of three layouts next to the clock. Interestingly, alt+shift only switches between ENG/US and HUN, or between ENG/HU and HUN. Sometimes it flips to the latter until I manually select ENG/US by the mouse, then it's back to the former for a while.

Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it. 7b53c683-3d51-4e68-af55-c5731402fbc6?upload=true.png Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it. 45026603-d663-4cf6-a8fd-a6afc2e76d8a?upload=true.png Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it. cb7045aa-9b80-43fb-a9c0-fd0b3a72e34e?upload=true.png Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it. ba76fe26-73e7-47e5-bb11-dc174196ca88?upload=true.png

:)

Gabest, Jan 14, 2020

2. Extra keyboard layouts have appeared that I can't get rid of

Recently, perhaps since the update to Windows 10 Creator edition, I have two additional keyboard layouts which I do not want, but I can't get rid of. Before this I had just two languages and layouts -- UK English with (from a third party) the US International
    AltGr Dead Keys layout, and Belgian French with the Canadian multilingual layout. Now I also have UK English with a UK keyboard and US English with the basic US keyboard. This makes it very difficult to switch between layouts since I don't know which version
    of English I have switched to.

However when I go into the region and language settings, only the original two layouts are listed. The other two are missing, which means that I can't get rid of them. What do I need to do?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

swamp#thing, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Language list appears when there is only one keyboard layout used in a user account

There’re two user accounts on my computer running on Windows 10. In my account, the interface language is English (United Kingdom) and the keyboard layout is United States–International; in the other account, English (United Kingdom) is also the interface
    language, but the keyboard layout is US.

Since a particular update which took place a few months ago, a language list appears on the far-right of the task bar in my account, and it allows me to switch between United States–International and US. However, if I go to that area for language settings
    on the control panel, only United States–International is shown. In order to get rid of the language list, I need to manually add US as a second keyboard layout and remove it afterwards. Even so, the language list always re-appears whenever I restart my computer.
    Is there a way to permanently get rid of that language list? Before that particular update I’ve mentioned, there was no language list when there was only one keyboard layout used in a user account.

dtsoton2011, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

English (United States) keyboard layout keeps appearing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that English (United States) keyboard layout keeps appearing automatically. I’ll certainly help you with the steps to remove it.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if you are able to remove the language pack:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      lpksetup /u en-US.
    4. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it. - Similar Threads - Third keyboard layout

2. How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts: Hello,I have several keyboard layouts between which I can switch with WindowsKey + space-bar.They show up as well in the notification area of the taskbar.I do not need them; I have only one keyboard with only one layout, and even if I may type in another language at times, I...
  3. How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts: Hello,I have several keyboard layouts between which I can switch with WindowsKey + space-bar.They show up as well in the notification area of the taskbar.I do not need them; I have only one keyboard with only one layout, and even if I may type in another language at times, I...
  4. Mystery keyboard layouts were appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery keyboard layouts were appear: While clean installing UK version of windows 11, I chose US keyboard, and after changing the system language to US. After restarting mystery keyboard layouts were appearHow to delete them? I want to have only 3 first...
  5. Mystery keyboard layouts were appear

Mystery keyboard layouts were appear: While clean installing UK version of windows 11, I chose US keyboard, and after changing the system language to US. After restarting mystery keyboard layouts were appearHow to delete them? I want to have only 3 first...
  6. How to remove keyboard layout that only "appears" on keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove keyboard layout that only "appears" on keyboard layout?: When I set my keyboard layout during my reset PC process, the windows configure it wrong, because I wanted in Portuguese, but it set to Afrikaans layout for some reason, the worst is I can't exclude this layout, because doesn't appear on settings nor language list, someone...
  7. How to remove keyboard layout that only "appears" on keyboard layout?

How to remove keyboard layout that only "appears" on keyboard layout?: When I set my keyboard layout during my reset PC process, the windows configure it wrong, because I wanted in Portuguese, but it set to Afrikaans layout for some reason, the worst is I can't exclude this layout, because doesn't appear on settings nor language list, someone...
  8. CANNOT GET RID OF A LANGUAGE LAYOUT

in Windows 10 Customization
    CANNOT GET RID OF A LANGUAGE LAYOUT: All the methods that I know or read about in forums are all not helping **** AM I SUPPOSE TO DO HERE IS LIKE THE LANGUAGE DOSENT EXIST BUT ITS STILL THERE AND I CAN USE IT I AM A TIRED OF ACCEDENTLY SWITCHING THE LANGUAGE WHEN PRESSING SHIFT+ALT HOW THE **** DO I GET RID OF...
  9. Mysteriously appearing language and keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysteriously appearing language and keyboard layout: My Windows 10 was originally installed in Czech language, then I had the language changed to English. I now switch between two keyboard layouts: English United States and Slovak QWERTY via ALT+SHIFT. Every few weeks - without any action on my side - the following happens: -...
  10. Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of: As linguistics is a hobby of mine, I recently decided to install the Keyman app to get an IPA keyboard layout. I installed it on my standard language (British English) and another keyboard appeared, using the US-INTL keyboard layout, which I can't get rid of using the normal...