Windows 10: Third monitor goes blank when certain websites start playing videos

Discus and support Third monitor goes blank when certain websites start playing videos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I run three monitors off my Lenovo ThinkPad L580 via docking station. Occasionally I'll run across a website that will cause one of my monitors to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarlZee, Nov 5, 2018.

1. CarlZee Win User

Third monitor goes blank when certain websites start playing videos

I run three monitors off my Lenovo ThinkPad L580 via docking station.

Occasionally I'll run across a website that will cause one of my monitors to go blank gray (usually monitor #2). The monitor is still identified and the computer believes it's working properly, but the monitor only displays a blank gray screen. The only way to get it back to normal is to close the offending web tab, then either disable and re-enable the monitor via display settings, or manually disconnect and reconnect the cable.

Both monitors run off DVI connections through a DVI-to-displayport converters into the docking station. The websites that generally cause the most problems are the Apple website, NBC Sports Live, Netflix, and random news websites that automatically play videos.

:)

CarlZee, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Juntao Win User

monitor goes blank

hey, i have a samsung 22"ws and an 850xt. 1 gig of ram and an old xp3200. Every time I watch a movie in powerdvd or media player i can get some of the way through it and then the monitor goes blank and it acts like the cable is not even hooked up. After that I have to reset. Atitool temps are fine throughout on vid card and mobo temps are good as well. I was just wondering if anyone may have a suggestion at to what it may be. Thanks.

Juntao, Nov 5, 2018
  3. kodex Win User
    Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Third monitor goes blank when certain websites start playing videos

monitor goes blank

*Bang Head :banghead: happened again this morning, same as it has been..cold boot starts and it gets to desktop and starts loading icons. at this point monitor goes black, but the power light on monitor remains blue. the number lock and cap lock lights work, the hard drive spins, and if i got control+alt+delete i can hear sounds. under full and heavy loads it runs smooth and chews through any game i throw at it. is this a sign that the video card is starting to go ar is it a driver issue? i am running the latest video card drivers from ati. it seems the problem has started in the last 6 weeks. any ideas?

Samdbugman, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Third monitor goes blank when certain websites start playing videos

1. Third monitor goes blank when certain websites start playing videos - Similar Threads - Third monitor goes

2. Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??: Hello, I have recently purchased a new monitor, which is linked here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-g25-10-24-5-led-fhd-freesync-and-g-sync-compatible-monitor-hdmi-raven-black/6404026.p?skuId=6404026I have an issue with this monitor, and to summarize anytime I play a...
  3. Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??: Hello, I have recently purchased a new monitor, which is linked here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-g25-10-24-5-led-fhd-freesync-and-g-sync-compatible-monitor-hdmi-raven-black/6404026.p?skuId=6404026I have an issue with this monitor, and to summarize anytime I play a...
  4. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  5. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  6. Monitor goes black when playing some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when playing some games.: Hey guys, I'm getting a black screen when playing certain games i.e. rocket league, fall guys, code vein, dying light + more. Unfortunately it doesn't happen on all titles which is weird. The black screen only last for a second and then the game runs perfectly fine, however...
  7. Video pauses or goes blank when switching to another desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video pauses or goes blank when switching to another desktop: I'm using the windows task view to create desktops. I created a 2nd desktop to record lectures and other videos, whilst doing other things on my main desktop. Whenever I switch back to the main desktop the video pauses or goes blank but the audio is still there. How can I...
  8. Videos are not playing on certain websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos are not playing on certain websites: Hello, Since yesterday I've been unable to load some videos on some websites. You Tube works as does videos on Facebook. I have cleared the cache and cookies and under Device Manager have updated the driver on my Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620. Restarted as advised but still the...
  9. Videos will not play on OneDrive website

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos will not play on OneDrive website: I am unable to play the videos on OneDrive website because they occasionally stop playing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-will-not-play-on-onedrive-website/4f2ae82e-27f5-4b0d-8f9f-351e46f949d0
  10. Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website: Hello- I have been emailing the support for over a month sending HAR files along with anything else asked of me, My videos all of a sudden stopped playing in the APP on my devices along with not playing in the Onedrive website. I cannot get a response for the last two...