Windows 10: Third Monitor Issue

Discus and support Third Monitor Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I'm having an issue with my third monitor just recently installed. The issue is that when I am playing a game on display 1 whatever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobbyGenier, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Third Monitor Issue

Hi Everyone,

I'm having an issue with my third monitor just recently installed. The issue is that when I am playing a game on display 1 whatever I have running on display 3 will move over to display 1 if I tab out of the game, or click off of display 1 at all.

Here is that configuration:

Third Monitor Issue 87ed7909-0fd1-4001-99ee-50bcc84719c3?upload=true.png

There are two workarounds that I have found, but are both pretty inconvenient and I would rather this just work as intended.

Keep in mind that in both of these work-arounds the psychical displays are not moving just in the software.

In this orientation we move display 3 to the left of display 2. This works and it holds the apps on the correct displays but feels clunky because you have to move your mouse far left to get to the display on your right.

Third Monitor Issue 04ff4d92-7fe9-4149-ad1d-aa36fed3c44d?upload=true.png

This orientation works as well, but again feels clunky because it's just not as intuitive to have to move half way up or down the monitor with your mouse to get to the one you are wanting to go to. Note, if you move display 3 any further down than this the apps on display 3 will move to display 1 once you tab out of a game that you are playing on display 1.

Third Monitor Issue 35a89b01-b3ab-4fd5-9f80-6a157b241d92?upload=true.png

Any Ideas or solutions anyone might have for this issue?

All three monitors are being powered by an AMD RX 5700 XT GPU. All plugged into display port slots displays 1 and 3 are using HDMI to display port adapters.

Thanks!

:)

BobbyGenier, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Third Monitor Issue

1. Third Monitor Issue - Similar Threads - Third Monitor Issue

2. adding third monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding third monitor: When I go to System > Display only two monitors are displayed, but the one on the left shows 2 and the one on the right shows 1/3. I want 3 independent monitors and it duplicates 1 monitor into two. The System > Display should show 3 separate monitors. Please advise....
  3. Third monitor resolution issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Third monitor resolution issue: Hi, I have got a DELL laptop with windows 10 Pro and am able to connect TWO external monitors DELL monitors and extend fine.But when I try to extend to the third monitor by duplicating display 1 which is my laptop I get a resolution 720 x 576 max but when I switch back to...
  4. Third monitor resolution issue

Third monitor resolution issue: Hi, I have got a DELL laptop with windows 10 Pro and am able to connect TWO external monitors DELL monitors and extend fine.But when I try to extend to the third monitor by duplicating display 1 which is my laptop I get a resolution 720 x 576 max but when I switch back to...
  5. Third monitor resolution issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Third monitor use

Third monitor use: Running Win11 with new PC, with 2monitors, happy user. Bot Philips USB-C Adapter to work with a 3rd monitor.PC doesn't find the new display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/third-monitor-use/43489f81-3bcb-4d98-af13-cacdc8931a0e
  7. Added third monitor

Added third monitor: I just add a third monitor to my setup. I cannot adjust the resolution on this one to match the other two. They are 1920 - 1080. Thus one will not adjust to more than 720x576 I saw previous threads on this subject but they were very old nothing I tried from those worked....
  8. Third monitor setup issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Third monitor setup issues: Not sure if I’m in the right place to ask, but let’s give it a try. A upgraded my home work setup: bought two monitors and a docking station. Since my laptop had an HDMI output, a bought a (cheaper) docking station with one HDMI output. When I connect one monitor to the...
  9. Third Monitor

Third Monitor: I have Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.804. Would it be possible to connect a third monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/third-monitor/91c997fa-cc88-4771-a29d-274116f1d72b
  10. Third Monitor issue

Third Monitor issue: I just added a third 35" monitor to my computer. I am running a GFORCE RTX 2070 Super Card. The third monitor after about 10 Minutes goes Orange Tinted. It is not the night light setting. It is like a deep orange. I have checked my GPU performance and it is not even hitting...