Windows 10: Third monitor randomly will not wake

Discus and support Third monitor randomly will not wake in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Been having this issue ever since our office PCs were replaced with Windows 10 machines. I have three monitors connected to a Quadro P4000 via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tosa2018, Nov 18, 2019.

1. tosa2018 Win User

Third monitor randomly will not wake

Been having this issue ever since our office PCs were replaced with Windows 10 machines.

I have three monitors connected to a Quadro P4000 via DisplayPort cables. On occasion, my third monitor will not wake with the others when I wake up my PC in the morning. I have tried everything I am able to Google up on this issue and nothing seems to resolve it. I feel like it's a Windows 10 issue because I never once had this problem on my old machine (which was a Windows 7 box), but it's not like the only thing that changed was Windows 10, of course.

Corporate IT has no idea what the problem is. All they can really do is update drivers and look at the issue and say hmm that's odd.

What I've done:

- Recabled using new cables

- Swapped monitors out with others

- Updated GPU drivers

- Wiped drivers clean and updated drivers

- Checked power plan settings

The only thing that fixes it is a reboot or two. Eventually the PC recognizes all three monitors and things are good until the next incident (usually every couple weeks on average). The largest inconvenience is that, while the setup is operating on 2 of 3 screens, the remaining 2 screens get shifted around, so I have to drag my mouse to the right of the middle one to reach the left side of the left one, e.g.

Right now I'm running two Lenovo P24Q-10s and one Lenovo T22i. Yes, they're mismatched. I previously was running two T22is and an older 22". The "odd one out" is always the one to fritz out in a mismatched setup. HOWEVER, I tried with three identical ones and in that case, when a monitor decided to not wake, the choice would seemingly be random. At least with a mismatched set, I get consistency..! Although the mismatched monitors aren't ideal, evidence suggests the mismatch isn't causing the problem.

Anyone encountered something similar? Any further tips to try?

:)

tosa2018, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 randomly waking from hibernation

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Network from Waking Your PC

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. In Device Manager, under
    Network Adapter,
    Right click and select properties.

c. Go to the Power Management tab. uncheck the box that says: "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

d. you'll find an “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box, which you should uncheck.

Step2: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 wakes randomly from hibernate

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 18, 2019
  3. THE_EGG Win User
    Monitor problem - not waking up

Hey guys, I have an issue with my BenQ GW2765HT where if I turn on my computer with the monitor in standby (orange light) status the monitor will not wake up. I must then unplug the monitor from the AC power and then replug it and then also restart my computer before the monitor will wake up. This issue is intermittent however and also strangely if I do a restart from Windows the monitor goes to standby for a second or two before waking back up when the POST screen appears which is normal behaviour. So it seems only if the screen is on standby for some time does it fail to wake up again.

Also the monitor will not wake up if it is powered off (although still plugged in) under the same circumstances as if it were just on standby status and also requires the AC power to be disconnected and the computer to be restarted before it wakes up.

Any suggestions? Or should I just take it back to my shop?

info; I bought it in the middle of August last year.
    edit; I am using a displayport cable. I've tried a different displayport cable and also with a different computer and I have the same problem. I also tried DVI and it happened more often.

THE_EGG, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Third monitor randomly will not wake

Monitor is going black or distorted white randomly

I have a LCD monitor on my computer. Randomly, the monitor will either go completely black (as if powered off, and the power light turns off) or it will get a distorted frozen white screen (like how your smartphone would look if you dropped it in a toilet and tried to turn it on). Not too surprising, I have not dropped this 21 inch monitor in a toilet. The only way I can get the monitor to work again is by unplugging it and plugging it back in

I'm pretty sure that it is just a dead monitor that needs to be replaced, but a friend suggested that it might just be the power cord, since the monitor will work (like it is now) for hours on end, then suddenly start randomly not working. It's worth checking out, but before dropping money on a new monitor (if it isn't the power cord), can anyone confirm (or strongly suggest) that it is not a CPU issue or video card? Or maybe someone has seen this before?

Steven Rayback, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Third monitor randomly will not wake

1. Third monitor randomly will not wake - Similar Threads - Third monitor randomly

2. adding third monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding third monitor: When I go to System > Display only two monitors are displayed, but the one on the left shows 2 and the one on the right shows 1/3. I want 3 independent monitors and it duplicates 1 monitor into two. The System > Display should show 3 separate monitors. Please advise....
  3. Third monitor use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Third monitor use: Running Win11 with new PC, with 2monitors, happy user. Bot Philips USB-C Adapter to work with a 3rd monitor.PC doesn't find the new display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/third-monitor-use/43489f81-3bcb-4d98-af13-cacdc8931a0e
  4. Third monitor use

Third monitor use: Running Win11 with new PC, with 2monitors, happy user. Bot Philips USB-C Adapter to work with a 3rd monitor.PC doesn't find the new display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/third-monitor-use/43489f81-3bcb-4d98-af13-cacdc8931a0e
  5. Added third monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Added third monitor: I just add a third monitor to my setup. I cannot adjust the resolution on this one to match the other two. They are 1920 - 1080. Thus one will not adjust to more than 720x576 I saw previous threads on this subject but they were very old nothing I tried from those worked....
  6. Added third monitor

Added third monitor: I just add a third monitor to my setup. I cannot adjust the resolution on this one to match the other two. They are 1920 - 1080. Thus one will not adjust to more than 720x576 I saw previous threads on this subject but they were very old nothing I tried from those worked....
  7. Monitor Randomly Waking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Randomly Waking: I'm posting this as it may help others with a similar problem.I've been trying to find out why my monitor keeps randomly waking for years now!I've tried every possible suggestion but nothing has worked up until now.By chance I left the mouse resting on my table top rather...
  8. Third Monitor

Third Monitor: I have Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.804. Would it be possible to connect a third monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/third-monitor/91c997fa-cc88-4771-a29d-274116f1d72b
  9. Third Monitor issue

Third Monitor issue: I just added a third 35" monitor to my computer. I am running a GFORCE RTX 2070 Super Card. The third monitor after about 10 Minutes goes Orange Tinted. It is not the night light setting. It is like a deep orange. I have checked my GPU performance and it is not even hitting...
  10. Third Monitor problems

Third Monitor problems: I recently purchased a LCD Acer monitor for my birthday. I already have a monitor plugged into the VGA port on my laptop. I purchased a HDMI port to go into my laptop and monitor but it only picks up the VGA port not the HDMI one. Is there anyway I can solve this have a 3...