Windows 10: Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Discus and support Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dexsk, May 21, 2019.

1. dexsk Win User

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I had Eset for years with Malwarebytes as backup manual scanner, now with Win10 I'm considering leaving the paid antivirus market and go Windows defender, but it still makes me nervous to rely on one free solution and I'd like to have a fully featured free backup like Avast or Avira in parallel.
    X-test 4ever Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender :)
    Thanks Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender :)

:)

dexsk, May 21, 2019

2. Decent free antivirus?

Oh and just in case its for an older O/S

this little nugget of goodness
    Still not on Windows 10? Fine, sighs Microsoft, here are its antivirus tools for Windows 7, 8.1
    Redmond extends ATP to older builds, adds third-party links

dorsetknob, May 21, 2019
  3. HammerON Win User
    Decent free antivirus?

Late to the party, but I suggest Windows Defender to friends and use it for my builds.

HammerON, May 21, 2019
  4. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Windows Defender - antivirus?

Windows defender is a built in antivirus, that detects all type of threats.You do not need to install any 3rd party antivirus.

In windows 7 and earlier Microsoft security essentials was to be used with windows defender for a full system protection, but in Windows 8 and later windows defender's capabilities have been increased to make it a full fledged antivirus.

I suggest rolling with Windows Defender (preinstalled)+Malwarebytes for a full system security.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

1. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender - Similar Threads - Third party antivirus

2. Running Windows Defender alongside another antivirus application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Windows Defender alongside another antivirus application: Hi there,We currently use FortiClient as our AV solution but is it possible to also have Windows Defender running at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-windows-defender-alongside-another/9ab44e75-c401-4224-8fa9-80827d8a824d
  3. Help, a malware installed a third party antivirus and disabled defender, everithyng is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help, a malware installed a third party antivirus and disabled defender, everithyng is...: Hello, last week we had a problem where one device of our company was infected, and the antivirus did nothing because the malware installed another antivirus that disabled defender. Is it any solution or directive to avoid this?...
  4. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  5. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  6. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

7. Third-party antivirus and Defender

Third-party antivirus and Defender: Hi all, I hope I can be as clear as possible. I have Kaspersky Total Security, and I've had it since December. Every once in a while I'll get notifications to turn on Microsoft Defender - I understand installing third-party antivirus software will turn off/disable Defender,...
  8. Windows Defender + third party protection

Windows Defender + third party protection: Hello Is there any way at all to keep Windows Defender antivirus and firewall.. the entire Windows defender package, running when a 3rd party solution is installed? I want to run it alongisde Kaspersky Security Cloud 158372
  9. CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION GUARD WITH THIRD PARTY ANTIVIRUS

CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION GUARD WITH THIRD PARTY ANTIVIRUS: I want to use windows defender application guard with third party antivirus kaspersky total security 2019. . I already disabled windows defender gpo permanently to avoid conflicts . so my windows is running with windows 10 1903 64bit 18362.175 together with...
  10. Did i required third party antivirus or windows defender is enough

Did i required third party antivirus or windows defender is enough: Did i required third party antivirus or windows defender is enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_other/did-i-required-third-party-antivirus-or-windows/6566b866-d824-467c-8af9-dca3753a8361

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender along with 3rd party AV

2. bitdefender free alongside windows defender