Windows 10: Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Discus and support Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dexsk, May 21, 2019.

1. dexsk Win User

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I had Eset for years with Malwarebytes as backup manual scanner, now with Win10 I'm considering leaving the paid antivirus market and go Windows defender, but it still makes me nervous to rely on one free solution and I'd like to have a fully featured free backup like Avast or Avira in parallel.
    X-test 4ever Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender :)
    Thanks Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender :)

:)

dexsk, May 21, 2019

2. Decent free antivirus?

Oh and just in case its for an older O/S

this little nugget of goodness
    Still not on Windows 10? Fine, sighs Microsoft, here are its antivirus tools for Windows 7, 8.1
    Redmond extends ATP to older builds, adds third-party links

dorsetknob, May 21, 2019
  3. HammerON Win User
    Decent free antivirus?

Late to the party, but I suggest Windows Defender to friends and use it for my builds.

HammerON, May 21, 2019
  4. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Windows Defender - antivirus?

Windows defender is a built in antivirus, that detects all type of threats.You do not need to install any 3rd party antivirus.

In windows 7 and earlier Microsoft security essentials was to be used with windows defender for a full system protection, but in Windows 8 and later windows defender's capabilities have been increased to make it a full fledged antivirus.

I suggest rolling with Windows Defender (preinstalled)+Malwarebytes for a full system security.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

1. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender - Similar Threads - Third party antivirus

2. Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed: Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed. I have avast antivirus installed on my PC, but I have found that if a third party antivirus is installed windows ransomware protection is not activated. is there a way to use windows ransomware...
  3. CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION GUARD WITH THIRD PARTY ANTIVIRUS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION GUARD WITH THIRD PARTY ANTIVIRUS: I want to use windows defender application guard with third party antivirus kaspersky total security 2019. . I already disabled windows defender gpo permanently to avoid conflicts . so my windows is running with windows 10 1903 64bit 18362.175 together with...
  4. Using a third-party virus/malware app with windows defender.

Using a third-party virus/malware app with windows defender.: Does anyone know if there is a way to use a third-party virus/malware protection like Bytefence in conjunction with Windows Defender WITHOUT turning off similar features in Windows Defender? The problem is that Windows Defender shows that "actions are needed", and displays a...
  5. Third Party Free

Third Party Free: If the likes of Kaspersky Free or Bitdefender Free are downloaded does Windows 10 stop updating completely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/third-party-free/2137ca8d-a7d6-4bd1-8b93-714c0f810ec0
  6. third party reseller

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party reseller: Is purchasing Microsoft products from Brytesoft.com legal? Their website says “When big businesses buy in bulk, sometimes they end up with more licenses than they need. We buy them cheap and pass the savings on to you. It’s the same software at a much lower price.” Does...
  7. Third party drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...
  8. Did i required third party antivirus or windows defender is enough

Did i required third party antivirus or windows defender is enough: Did i required third party antivirus or windows defender is enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_other/did-i-required-third-party-antivirus-or-windows/6566b866-d824-467c-8af9-dca3753a8361
  9. Third party software installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Third party software installation: My pc was working okay for alomost a year with WIndows 10 but now I have a problem on both my laptop and desktop with software not loading. I have tried loading some old software that I already have running and get the same error message required priviledge is not held...
  10. Third-party driver updater.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third-party driver updater.: Is there a reasonably safe third party program for mass checking and then updating drivers? Or would it be better for me not to open up that can of worms. And if so is there a way to do the same thing in windows Device Manager? 34032