Windows 10: Third-party antivirus and Defender

Discus and support Third-party antivirus and Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I hope I can be as clear as possible. I have Kaspersky Total Security, and I've had it since December. Every once in a while I'll get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IsaidSalazar, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Third-party antivirus and Defender

Hi all, I hope I can be as clear as possible. I have Kaspersky Total Security, and I've had it since December. Every once in a while I'll get notifications to turn on Microsoft Defender - I understand installing third-party antivirus software will turn off/disable Defender, so these notifications were fine. Last night, I got a notification that Defender blocked a potentially unwanted application PUA. I clicked on the notification and it took me straight to Defender. The PUA was a low threat but I still decided to remove it - it was affecting a system file from ByteFence, another third-party

:)

IsaidSalazar, Apr 10, 2022

2. Windows Defender - antivirus?

Windows defender is a built in antivirus, that detects all type of threats.You do not need to install any 3rd party antivirus.

In windows 7 and earlier Microsoft security essentials was to be used with windows defender for a full system protection, but in Windows 8 and later windows defender's capabilities have been increased to make it a full fledged antivirus.

I suggest rolling with Windows Defender (preinstalled)+Malwarebytes for a full system security.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 10, 2022
  3. afornal Win User
    Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Apr 10, 2022
  4. Third-party antivirus and Defender

Decent free antivirus?

Oh and just in case its for an older O/S

this little nugget of goodness
    Still not on Windows 10? Fine, sighs Microsoft, here are its antivirus tools for Windows 7, 8.1
    Redmond extends ATP to older builds, adds third-party links

dorsetknob, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

Third-party antivirus and Defender

1. Third-party antivirus and Defender - Similar Threads - Third party antivirus

2. Help, a malware installed a third party antivirus and disabled defender, everithyng is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help, a malware installed a third party antivirus and disabled defender, everithyng is...: Hello, last week we had a problem where one device of our company was infected, and the antivirus did nothing because the malware installed another antivirus that disabled defender. Is it any solution or directive to avoid this?...
  3. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  4. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  5. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

6. Cannot turn Microsoft Defender back on after uninstalling third-party antivirus

Cannot turn Microsoft Defender back on after uninstalling third-party antivirus: Hello, I've been using Bitdefender Free for years and I wanted to start using Microsoft Defender MD, because I've recently heard that it works very well. I knew MD is deactivated when another antivirus is installed and is supposed to activate on its own as soon as no other...
  7. Windows Defender + third party protection

Windows Defender + third party protection: Hello Is there any way at all to keep Windows Defender antivirus and firewall.. the entire Windows defender package, running when a 3rd party solution is installed? I want to run it alongisde Kaspersky Security Cloud 158372
  8. CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION GUARD WITH THIRD PARTY ANTIVIRUS

CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION GUARD WITH THIRD PARTY ANTIVIRUS: I want to use windows defender application guard with third party antivirus kaspersky total security 2019. . I already disabled windows defender gpo permanently to avoid conflicts . so my windows is running with windows 10 1903 64bit 18362.175 together with...
  9. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender: Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I had Eset for years with Malwarebytes as backup manual scanner, now with Win10 I'm considering leaving the paid antivirus...
  10. Did i required third party antivirus or windows defender is enough

Did i required third party antivirus or windows defender is enough: Did i required third party antivirus or windows defender is enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_other/did-i-required-third-party-antivirus-or-windows/6566b866-d824-467c-8af9-dca3753a8361