Windows 10: Third-party developer shows off a modern File Explorer for Windows 10

Discus and support Third-party developer shows off a modern File Explorer for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Since the release of Windows 8 in 2012, Microsoft has been trying to make Windows more modern and flexible. In comparison to the older versions of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 11, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Third-party developer shows off a modern File Explorer for Windows 10

Since the release of Windows 8 in 2012, Microsoft has been trying to make Windows more modern and flexible. In comparison to the older versions of the desktop operating system, Windows 10 offers a modern look and feel. The modern appearance can be seen when comparing UWP apps and classic Win32 apps.

File Explorer in Windows 10 is still a classic app with some improvements such as Dark Mode integration. Developers have created various third-party file managers which can be used as an alternative to File Explorer but there hasn’t been a modern solution yet.

Developer Luke Blevins has now created a File Explorer with a modern interface, Fluent Design and support for the dark mode.

Files UWP is a third-party file manager which can be installed on any Windows 10 device and it uses interface that we’ve previously seen in fan concepts.

Luke Blevins, who created the app, has published it on Github which will make it a community-driven replacement for Windows File Explorer.

Third-party developer shows off a modern File Explorer for Windows 10 Files-UWP-dark-mode.jpg

“The app is not intended to be a simple UWP clone of Windows File Explorer’s dense design, but will eventually become a high-quality, modern rewrite that incorporates new UX trends such as Fluent Design elements and minimalism. Being in high school, the problem is I just don’t have the time to work on this project as I did one year ago,” Luke explains in a Reddit post.

As you can see in the screenshots below, the Files UWP feels starkly different from the classic File Explorer, which is based on the familiar Win32 app model.

1 of 2
    Third-party developer shows off a modern File Explorer for Windows 10 Files-UWP-desktop-view-591x420.jpg
    Third-party developer shows off a modern File Explorer for Windows 10 Files-UWP-591x420.jpg

You can download and install the early builds of the third-party file manager from Github but it’s not intended to replace default File Explorer. The app is buggy and there are several glitches but if you still want to try it out, you can follow the steps outlined below:

• To install and test Files UWP, enable developer mode on your PC and download the package from Github.
    • After extracting it to the desktop, simply open the x64 folder and install the dependencies, certificate one by one.
    • Right-click on the file ‘Add-AppDevPackage’ and run it in PowerShell with administrator privileges.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions in PowerShell and finally open the appx file located inside the x64 folder to install the Files UWP app.

Luke believes that his third-party file manager will eventually make it to the Microsoft Store which will allow users to quickly download and install the app on any Windows 10 machine.

The post Third-party developer shows off a modern File Explorer for Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Third-party developer shows off a modern File Explorer for Windows 10 :p

Frick, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Third-party developer shows off a modern File Explorer for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Third party developer

2. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashes with third-party theming program: Hi,I have been bugged for a bit to notice when I open File Explorer with Stardock's WindowBlinds on, it seems to crash for some apparent reason. This has caused me to stick with the default theme with few changes.I'm using a laptop with Windows 10, an old i3 3120M, 4 gb ram...
  3. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer crashes with third-party theming program: Hi,I have been bugged for a bit to notice when I open File Explorer with Stardock's WindowBlinds on, it seems to crash for some apparent reason. This has caused me to stick with the default theme with few changes.I'm using a laptop with Windows 10, an old i3 3120M, 4 gb ram...
  4. Third party firewall notifications not showing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Third party firewall notifications not showing on Windows 10: After latest Windows updates in 2020 summer, popup notifications for third party firewalls such as Simplewall and FreeFirewall had stopped working. Connections for programs are blocked and firewall apps are not showing any notifications anymore to allow or block. The closest...
  5. Third party remote networking software that work with Modern Standby?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Third party remote networking software that work with Modern Standby?: Can someone make a list of third party remote desktop and other network server software (e.g. TeamViewer, VNC, SSH) that work when the computer is in Modern Standby? I know Microsoft Remote Desktop works but TightVNC doesn't. Are there any third party ones that work? 162543
  6. Third party developer tries to put Windows 10 on Nintendo Switch

in Windows 10 News
    Third party developer tries to put Windows 10 on Nintendo Switch: After so many months of testing and bug hunting, a group of developers recently ported full Windows 10 on ARM experience to Lumia 950 lineup. The same group of developer also managed to bring Windows 10 on ARM to Raspberry Pi 3. It looks like one of the leading developer Ben...
  7. Third-party developer publishes LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Third-party developer publishes LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10: Microsoft Office has been the reigning champ of office suites. The open-source Office suite called LibreOffice is a worthy alternative to Microsoft Office and it appears that a third-party developer has published the app in the Store for Windows 10. Since its early days,...
  8. Third-party developer adds seven Google web apps to the Windows 10 Store

in Windows 10 News
    Third-party developer adds seven Google web apps to the Windows 10 Store: One of the most common criticisms against Microsoft’s mobile platform was the lack of quality apps for its modern Windows ecosystem. Google is not interested in building UWP apps for Windows 10 devices and the absence in Windows Store is a living proof that the search engine...
  9. Show Folder Size in Explorer: Which third-party tool?

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Folder Size in Explorer: Which third-party tool?: In searching for a solution to making Windows Explorer show folder sizes, I've come across many threads here and elsewhere. What I cannot find is which free third-party tools are most suitable for one who is somewhat technically challenged and gets confused with too many...
  10. Introducing the IE Diagnostics Adapter for third party developer tools

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the IE Diagnostics Adapter for third party developer tools: For several releases, Internet Explorer has had diagnostic tools that help developers debug visual issues, find JavaScript bugs, and profile Web sites. These tools have shipped both in the browser as the F12 Developer Tools as well as in Visual Studio. In the interest of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. third party file explorer explorer

2. third party file explorer

3. third party file explorer for windows 10

4. third party windows explorer windows 10