Windows 10: Third-party driver updater.

Discus and support Third-party driver updater. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a reasonably safe third party program for mass checking and then updating drivers? Or would it be better for me not to open up that can of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CervenySun, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Third-party driver updater.

Is there a reasonably safe third party program for mass checking and then updating drivers? Or would it be better for me not to open up that can of worms. And if so is there a way to do the same thing in windows Device Manager?

:)

CervenySun, Dec 15, 2015

2. Third Party Driver Updates

Thanks much for your help...it worked!

Jack B Gardner, Dec 15, 2015
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Third Party Driver Updates

Check to see if you have installed a 3rd party program. Look in Programs and Features or Apps & features to see what you have installed.

neilpzz, Dec 15, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Third-party driver updater.

Third-party driver updater. [​IMG]

Snakeyes, Dec 15, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Rule 1: Don't update drivers unnecessarily.
    Rule 2: Only use manufacturer provided drivers for laptops.
    Rule 3: Never use driver updaters in Win 10 'cos Uncle Microsoft looks after them for you and always knows best.

However
    Ignore Rule 2 if your manufacturer doesn't support Win 10 for your laptop.
    Ignore Rule 3 when it turns out Uncle Microsoft has got it wrong, but turn to your manufacturer first especially if you have a laptop.
    Ignore Rule 3 if you're really really struggling to find an appropriate driver.

Bottom line
    Only use a driver updater as a last resort if you're struggling.

My example: I updated my PC from 32 bit Win 8 to Win 10 Pro. No driver problems.
    Later I clean installed Win 10, x64. There was no way I could find a coprocessor driver, and HP doesn't have drivers for this for Win 10. I used DriverMax, and immediately had my problem fixed.

dalchina, Dec 15, 2015
  6. The advice is much appreciated.

CervenySun, Dec 16, 2015
  7. MSRadell Win User
    I have found that IObit Drive Booster 3 works very well for checking for driver updates. It has a free version and the only difference is that you have to manually update the drivers to be doing automatically which is something I prefer anyway. Of course you can always roll back to a previous driver if you have problems.

MSRadell, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Third-party driver updater.

1. Third-party driver updater. - Similar Threads - Third party driver

2. Is free third party driver updater safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is free third party driver updater safe?: Is free third party driver updater safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-free-third-party-driver-updater-safe/ddc53eef-3a6f-44cf-8193-a2c396c72203
  3. Is free third party driver updater safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is free third party driver updater safe?: Is free third party driver updater safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-free-third-party-driver-updater-safe/ddc53eef-3a6f-44cf-8193-a2c396c72203
  4. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  5. third party software update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    third party software update: I have a windows server 2012 standalone server and two user. one is normal user and another one is administrator user. Normal user have internet connection but administrator user have no internet access. In this situation how can I update third party software like "adobe "....
  6. Recommendations for third party software to stop updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommendations for third party software to stop updates: Hi everyone, i know this gets posted alot but ive had it with the constant updates. I recently started a business and missed a deadline yesterday because i took a 20 minute break before reviewing a report and came back to a 40 minute update. I use about 5 programs and visit...
  7. Third Party Free

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Third Party Free: If the likes of Kaspersky Free or Bitdefender Free are downloaded does Windows 10 stop updating completely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/third-party-free/2137ca8d-a7d6-4bd1-8b93-714c0f810ec0
  8. Auto updates and third party

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto updates and third party: Is it true that if you have Third Party Anti Virus/Malware installed ie. Kaspersky Free Bitdefender Free. Windows 10 will not update and the OS after a short while would break....
  9. third party reseller

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party reseller: Is purchasing Microsoft products from Brytesoft.com legal? Their website says “When big businesses buy in bulk, sometimes they end up with more licenses than they need. We buy them cheap and pass the savings on to you. It’s the same software at a much lower price.” Does...
  10. Third party drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stopsecond party and third party driver updates