Windows 10: Third party firewall notifications not showing on Windows 10

Discus and support Third party firewall notifications not showing on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After latest Windows updates in 2020 summer, popup notifications for third party firewalls such as Simplewall and FreeFirewall had stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rudolfos0, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Rudolfos0 Win User

Third party firewall notifications not showing on Windows 10

After latest Windows updates in 2020 summer, popup notifications for third party firewalls such as Simplewall and FreeFirewall had stopped working. Connections for programs are blocked and firewall apps are not showing any notifications anymore to allow or block.

The closest I could find the problem was in simplewall log file:

"Warning","‎3/‎1/‎2021 ‏‎10:19:17","FwpmEngineSetOption","0x00000003","FWPM_ENGINE_COLLECT_NET_EVENTS","3.2.4 Release","10.0 build 19042"

FWPM_ENGINE_COLLECT_NET_EVENTS is related to Windows Filtering Platform.

I had tried reinstalling both programs and removing leftovers. I also reset Windows Firewall to default settings, but it didn't fix notifications. When I disable both third party firewalls, native Windows Firewall notifications are showing when app connection is blocked.

:)

Rudolfos0, Mar 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 6, 2021
  3. S-and-S Win User
    Windows Firewall notifications

I have never seen a firewall notification from Windows 10, which is not surprising, because I use a third-party security suite. When Windows Defender (which includes Windows Firewall) detects that a third-party security suite has been installed, Windows
    Defender turns itself off, which it did if you installed an ESET security suite. That being the case, it's a mystery to me why you're seeing firewall notifications from Windows Defender.

Your router has a different type of firewall.

S-and-S, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Third party firewall notifications not showing on Windows 10

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Third party firewall notifications not showing on Windows 10

1. Third party firewall notifications not showing on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Third party firewall

2. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  3. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  4. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  5. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  6. Always on VPN with third party firewall cisco anyconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Always on VPN with third party firewall cisco anyconnect: Anyone deployed Cisco firepower firewall cisco anyconnect and microsoft Always On VPN solution ? We currently have direct access. We are thinking of migrating new clients to the Always on VPN solution without using RRAS....
  7. Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 ships with Windows Firewall out of the box and at the same time allows you to install and run a third-party Firewall too. These firewalls work independently to block suspicious actions on your computer. But after installing Windows [...] This post...
  8. Third party drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...
  9. Most minimalinstallpossible , third party firewalls?

in Windows 10 Support
    Most minimalinstallpossible , third party firewalls?: So... I only use windows for PC gaming. I'm running into the brick wall that new hardware simply isn't supported in Windows 7. I do not want any of the new features of windows 10, just hardware support for my 8'th gen processor and GTX 1070... What is the most basic,...
  10. Win 10 has switched off my third party firewall !!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 has switched off my third party firewall !!!: Win 10 has switched of my third party firewall ( Trend Micro ) today and switched on Win 10 firewall.This is getting annoying and I think Win 10 is behaving like real Big Brother more and more.We know Win 10 is blocking CCleaner to work properly,no control over updates or...