Windows 10: Third party licensing system gets two different Device ID from the same system!

Discus and support Third party licensing system gets two different Device ID from the same system! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Community ! I'm helping a customer with his third-party video editing software, for which he has licensing issues. Important note : I'm talking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jeanLebourg, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Third party licensing system gets two different Device ID from the same system!

Hi Community !

I'm helping a customer with his third-party video editing software, for which he has licensing issues.

Important note : I'm talking here about the Device ID (same format as MS Hardware IDs), not about product ID or activation key. Third party licensing system gets two different Device ID from the same system! :)

System : Windows 10 Home

Issue : Third-party software pulls two different Device IDs from the same system, which breaks their auto-licensing system

Context : PC used to run Windows 7 (don't know if genuine). Hard drive died, replaced and installed a fresh Windows 10 Home with genuine license.

Question : does Windows 10 store several version of the Device ID for a same computer? Can Windows return different values in some circumstances (for example, because two different APIs have been used for querying)? If so, is there a way to align all those values to a single Device ID?

More details :

The software in question uses a very classic licensing system. You can install the soft on several computer but only use it on one at a time. To achieve this they use the following mechanic :

1. Sign-in with an ID in the software.

2. Editor gets your Device ID and record it in their system, tied to your license.

3. Upon starting the software again, checks the Device ID

4. If it's the same as the active one, sign-in automatically and let you use the software.

4b. If it's different, you're using another computer so you need to sign-in manually, and you're back to step 1.

As you can guess, the issue is that on his computer the value Windows returns for step 1 and step 3 are different, which breaks the third-party auto-licensing system. On the editor's web interface I can see that the active Device ID is : DESKTOP-9NLL2XX 505260B7-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX

In Windows About it is : DESKTOP-9NLL2XX 6AB075A4-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX

Obviously I do not know how the third-party queries the system. I have escalated the issue to their customer service but their understanding of the issue has not progressed past "we have reset your password please retry" yet. So I'm trying to solve the problem from my side.

Thanks a lot for your help!

:)

jeanLebourg, Jul 2, 2019

2. SOUL Electronics Debuts the Party In A Box Wireless Entertainment System

SOUL Electronics redefines 'bringing the noise' with the introduction of the new Party In A Box - the ultimate wireless portable entertainment system. Don't be fooled by the convenient size; Party In A Box is an all-inclusive, innovative system designed to produce the same dynamic and high quality sound of a full home theater system. The sleek, wireless, transportable box packs a sound-filled punch that's perfect for the home, tailgating and sporting events, dorm room chilling, shooting some hoops, a day on the boat, beach parties, movie nights or wherever the party takes you.

"SOUL's customers live active, energetic lifestyles and they demand their audio devices keep up with them, which is exactly what Party In A Box was designed for," said Lan Kennedy-Davis, CEO SOUL Electronics USA. "Now people can start a party anywhere without compromising quality or sound from their portable and wireless speaker system."

Third party licensing system gets two different Device ID from the same system! SOUL_Party_In_A_Box_01_thm.jpg

Demonstrating the versatility of the product, Mixed Martial Artist, UFC fighter and SOUL brand ambassador, Brendan Schaub, adds, "As a fighter I can't always wear headphones during training so I bring Party in a Box to the gym and it sets the tone for practice. You can see when we turn it on the intensity of the practice just enhances."

Heisman trophy winner SOUL brand ambassador Tim Tebow shares his experience as well: "Party In A Box is so cool - no matter where you are or who you're with, it's portable, easy to use and it's going to give you an awesome time. The hardest part is arguing with your friends over what to play."

Party In A Box lives up to SOUL's standard of delivering premium-performance design and the brand's high-quality signature sound. Fully loaded with eight omnidirectional speakers producing precision balancing and mixing of deep bass and clear mids and highs, the Party In A Box floods the room with unparalleled sound that will even get the wallflowers to hit the dance floor. The unit's wireless technology allows studio quality music to stream through Bluetooth and its wide-range compatibility to connect to any device, synch between multiple Party In A Box units and connect to wireless speakers, which means you can wirelessly DJ the party without missing a beat.

Party In A Box features include:
    Party Ready:

• Powerful omnidirectional hybrid eight speaker system
    • Digital signal processing for precision sound balancing
    • Sleek and stylish design with an LCD panel and multicolor perimeter light to hype up any party
    • Carry handle and side mount guitar pins fit any standard guitar strap for easy transport
    • Rechargeable Batteries for easy portability
    No Device Left Behind:
    • Bluetooth with aptX Audio for wireless music streaming
    • Sync more than one Party In A Box, wireless speakers or other sources such as USB, auxiliary, HDMI, and more
    All Inclusive:
    • Balanced Microphone input for high quality Voice, PA or karaoke
    • FM Radio with RDS
    • AC/DC Power allows usage in most locations around the world
    • Headphone Jack
    • USB charging port and media playback
    • On board and IR remote controls
    Party In A Box is now available for purchase at SOULElectronics.com.

Cristian_25H, Jul 2, 2019
  3. System Specs minor revisions and suggestions

Change: Hard Disk(s) to Storage Device(s)
    Change: LCD/CRT Model: to Display Device(s):
    add an Audio Device(s) = for headsets and speaker set ups.

and as others have suggested before: The option to list more than one system spec

lyndonguitar, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Third party licensing system gets two different Device ID from the same system!

System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Third party licensing system gets two different Device ID from the same system!

1. Third party licensing system gets two different Device ID from the same system! - Similar Threads - Third party licensing

2. The same system sound sounds different.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The same system sound sounds different.: Hello. I have a problem with Windows system sounds. The same system sound sounds different. I even tried reinstalling windows, and the sound became normal, until I opened the sound settings in the control panel. But I didn't change the sound settings. Help!...
  3. The same system sound sounds different.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The same system sound sounds different.: Hello. I have a problem with Windows system sounds. The same system sound sounds different. I even tried reinstalling windows, and the sound became normal, until I opened the sound settings in the control panel. But I didn't change the sound settings. Help!...
  4. Are these the same two rocks from a different angle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are these the same two rocks from a different angle?: These look quite similar to the rocks view from the cave in the background the Windows 10/11 resets to after a reboot see in this thread:...
  5. Are these the same two rocks from a different angle?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are these the same two rocks from a different angle?: These look quite similar to the rocks view from the cave in the background the Windows 10/11 resets to after a reboot see in this thread:...
  6. Are these the same two rocks from a different angle?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Log files/folders created by system or third party software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Log files/folders created by system or third party software: How would I log the files/folders my system or third-party app created including the path of those files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-filesfolders-created-by-system-or-third-party/bfea00b3-44ea-42a3-a0ee-ed8e970eb53c
  8. Is there a third party system/process monitor with a dark theme?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a third party system/process monitor with a dark theme?: Something similar to task manager, which is perfect but has no provision for a dark theme. I like having a task manager open at all times on a small third monitor. My windows is on dark theme, so everything from File explorer to Opera to settings shows up dark. Its glaring...
  9. Bugged Installation Screen for Third Party Operating Systems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bugged Installation Screen for Third Party Operating Systems: I’m trying to install a third party OS, specifically Bliss OS. But whenever I go to the Live Installation screen, it’s a warped mess of pixels. It does this with every OS like it, Prime OS, Linux Ubuntu, Linux Mint, etc. Is there any way to fix this? What it looks like:...
  10. System using two different names for same user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    System using two different names for same user account: I am setting up a new PC. Win 10 seems to force you to use a Microsoft email account/address as the basis for setting it up. It then uses 5 letters from the email name as your user account name. You can then convert the user account to a "local" account, not tied in to the...