Windows 10: Third party software should ask to install files on the system drive

Discus and support Third party software should ask to install files on the system drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The system should start in a few seconds. So it does when it is newly installed.Many users move the default location of Desktop, User data, Documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abrimaal, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Abrimaal Win User

Third party software should ask to install files on the system drive

The system should start in a few seconds. So it does when it is newly installed.Many users move the default location of Desktop, User data, Documents onto another drive.If Windows crashes, nothing is lost.Recently I had to reset reinstall the system, because the boot partition became damaged.It took about half and hour and Windows was ready to work, because almost all software remained on the data drive.It even remembered custom icons and browser passwords. System drives are often small SST drives, with small capacities, they are dedicated for the system and drivers that should start with th

:)

Abrimaal, Apr 28, 2021

2. Unable to install Keil software

Hi Imam,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Since its a third party software we may not be able to help you with this query. However, you may try installing the software using the compatibility troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer the steps to install a driver in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties
    • Select Compatibility Tab
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list
    • Let the software install and then check the functionality.

If it still doesn't help, then I would suggest you contact keil support and ask for assistance regarding this issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    File explorer random close and can't disconnect ext drives

I would suggest getting a list of installed third party software and checking for updates for those programs. Install updates if available. Especially the ones that added a shell extension (right click file, folder or drive context menu entry)

Callender, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Third party software should ask to install files on the system drive

System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Third party software should ask to install files on the system drive

1. Third party software should ask to install files on the system drive - Similar Threads - Third party software

2. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  3. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  4. Which third party/ms programs should I install?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Which third party/ms programs should I install?: Hello, im using w10 x64, rx6500 xt 4 gb new series with something called version 4.0 gpu, 16 gb of 3200mhz ram, intel i5 11400f cpu. I wonder which other apps/programs I "have to" have to use games, emulators without crash. Let me help you about third party programs im asking...
  5. 'Wake' permissions for third party software?

'Wake' permissions for third party software?: I have a PVR card and associated software on my win 11 system. The PC is primarily used for OTA TV viewing, recording, streaming, and Blue ray/DVD playback. currently I'm working a couple issues with the PVR software. 1 I need to find the setting to allow that software to...
  6. 'Wake' permissions for third party software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Wake' permissions for third party software?: I have a PVR card and associated software on my win 11 system. The PC is primarily used for OTA TV viewing, recording, streaming, and Blue ray/DVD playback. currently I'm working a couple issues with the PVR software. 1 I need to find the setting to allow that software to...
  7. Log files/folders created by system or third party software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Log files/folders created by system or third party software: How would I log the files/folders my system or third-party app created including the path of those files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-filesfolders-created-by-system-or-third-party/bfea00b3-44ea-42a3-a0ee-ed8e970eb53c
  8. third party software update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    third party software update: I have a windows server 2012 standalone server and two user. one is normal user and another one is administrator user. Normal user have internet connection but administrator user have no internet access. In this situation how can I update third party software like "adobe "....
  9. Online Activation of a third party software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Online Activation of a third party software: Hi! I have this problem and don't know what to do. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 21/01/2019 1:30:17 PM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  10. Third party software installation

Third party software installation: My pc was working okay for alomost a year with WIndows 10 but now I have a problem on both my laptop and desktop with software not loading. I have tried loading some old software that I already have running and get the same error message required priviledge is not held...