Windows 10: Third Sticky Note doesn't save and open with Windows

Discus and support Third Sticky Note doesn't save and open with Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've had some temporarily important numbers and lists that I've been keeping in Sticky notes as of recently. I had two different categories of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Philip Neumeister, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Third Sticky Note doesn't save and open with Windows

Hello,

I've had some temporarily important numbers and lists that I've been keeping in Sticky notes as of recently. I had two different categories of information, and two separate sticky notes for each. Two days ago I added a third note to the two I'd had open previously because the information was in a different category. I then downloaded the Windows 10 1903 update yesterday, and after restarting my computer to install the update, my third sticky note was gone, along with the information I'd typed in. The information was by no means irreplaceable, but it is rather inconvenient to lose it unnecessarily.

I've since tested it with the same sort of pattern of having three sticky notes open and then restarting, and each time one of the three will not reopen when Windows loads. I've also seen that some people have recently been losing their sticky notes altogether, but either way it seems that there's currently an issue with storing information in sticky notes period. Can someone please explain why this is? It seems to make me less inclined to use the app at all if I can't trust that my data will still be there later.

Thank you.

:)

Philip Neumeister, Aug 9, 2019

2. sticky notes

Was this the WIndows 10 Upgrade from WIndows 7, 8 or 8.1?

Check now for a C:\Windows.old folder that is created during an Upgrade. If that folder is found, you can

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 10
    and then follow the steps here:

• To backup sticky notes in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in the windows.old folder Search box.

STEP 2. Copy StickyNotes.snt to a safe location.

• To restore sticky notes:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in start menu search box or run and press Enter.

STEP 2. Copy the StickyNotes.snt file from your backup folder and paste it in the folder that opens. Agree to overwrite the old file, or delete it first before copying. If it balks then install and use the

Take Ownership Shortcut
    on the folder so you can replace the .snt file.

If you don't have Windows.old folder, do you have a backup image of your old install which we can help you mount to browse into the old files?

If not then your notes may be lost. In the future use Notepad or Wordpad which can more easily save Files to your Documents, or back up the Sticky Notes file regularly following the above.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Sticky notes

Hi Idalee,

Yes, there is a possibility that the recent update may have disabled or corrupted the apps. For us to isolate this problem, we suggest repairing or resetting Sticky Notes on your PC. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and click Apps.
    • On the Apps & features tab, locate the name of the missing app.
    • Click the app and select Advanced options, then click Repair.
    • If the Repair option is not available or does not resolve the issue, you may also try the
      Reset option. However, it's more likely that you will lose any app data that was saved.
    • Once the repair or reset is completed, Sticky Notes should now reappear in the app list.
    • You may now pin it to the Start Menu.

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Third Sticky Note doesn't save and open with Windows

the sticky note application.

Hi,

Sticky Notes is one of the default programs for Windows 10. Type Sticky Notes in the search box, then press enter. If you are encountering an error opening Sticky Notes, we recommend resetting the application. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps, then Apps & features in the left pane.
    • Locate Sticky Notes, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Third Sticky Note doesn't save and open with Windows

1. Third Sticky Note doesn't save and open with Windows - Similar Threads - Third Sticky Note

2. Sticky Notes Doesn't Open When PC is Powered On?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Doesn't Open When PC is Powered On?: Sticky Notes is not opening when i power on my pc even when I leave the app open at shutdown. I am on the latest version of Windows 11. I have tried searching for sticky notes in the startup apps list but it's not in there. I have also tried adding it into the startup apps...
  3. Sticky Notes Doesn't Open When PC is Powered On?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Doesn't Open When PC is Powered On?: Sticky Notes is not opening when i power on my pc even when I leave the app open at shutdown. I am on the latest version of Windows 11. I have tried searching for sticky notes in the startup apps list but it's not in there. I have also tried adding it into the startup apps...
  4. Sticky notes won’t open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky notes won’t open: I have an issue with sticky notes. When I start my PC, sticky notes show up on the PC, but then they disappear. Perhaps, they start working in the background. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-wont-open/686210b7-891e-4651-a918-a6463ade152e
  5. sticky notes not opening

sticky notes not opening: i try to reset but not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-not-opening/0dbaf094-19cc-473c-9f6f-539b439f6a0d
  6. Sticky Notes Unable to Open

Sticky Notes Unable to Open: Tried opening the sticky notes and it just doesn't open up. Clicking the icon, laptop tried opening only to be closed the next thing. Need the stuff in sticky notes desperately!...
  7. Sticky Notes Doesn't Open My Backed Up plum.sqlite Notes

Sticky Notes Doesn't Open My Backed Up plum.sqlite Notes: Hi! I backed up my plum.sqlite file and tried transferring it to another Windows 10. Inside the file, I can see that the info with all my text is within the code but when I open Sticky Notes, only 1 blank note appears, not any of my past notes. Is there a way to resolve...
  8. cant open sticky notes

cant open sticky notes: I can't open the sticky note again after I update it to version 3.0, please give me the solution !. I tried to reset and uninstall the sticky note, but it still didn't work....
  9. Not able to open Sticky Notes

Not able to open Sticky Notes: I have a custom based Windows 10 1703 image. I am not able to access Sticky Notes. It opens but sticks on task-bar like its hanged. Please help. [img] 98711
  10. Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?

Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?: I've taken to using Sticky Notes recently and love them, but today I've had them crash on me for the first time and I lost some of the notes. I'm wondering, is there some kind of modified version or something that would allow saving the notes? I don't mean saving them...