Windows 10: This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.

Discus and support This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SvenCuaresma [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SvenCuaresma, Nov 27, 2019.

1. This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.

/u/SvenCuaresma, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

1909 Update file explorer search issue.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User

New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr.
    I have tried to run the search and index troubleshooter but it says everything is working as intended. I have restarted the windows search service, and I have reset the windows search but this issue happens every day. Any suggestions?

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.

I changed windows services to automatic no delay start. and on recovery tab restart after 5 minutes and no issues on any of my computers

for 5 hours so far. Before that it would suspend search after 5 minutes or so and i would have to restart explorer big pain as it closes all open windows.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.

1. This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess. - Similar Threads - 1909 file explorer

2. Windows 11 file explorer's search and sorting by name is a mess

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer's search and sorting by name is a mess: It choose to not find particular file names' fragments, while showing the other. I cant disclose the document names, but i have documents with like 64 characters. When i try to search for files in folder that have lets say 160 files, it succesfully shows files when i use...
  3. The File Explorer mess

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The File Explorer mess: For 40 years I have been using Windows with a file manager that showed on the left a vertical line with the sub-folders included into any folder I chose to look into. Then, by simply clicking any file or sub-folder in the vertical line, I could open them or look into them....
  4. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Hello, New to this, hopefully I did this correctly Question asked, but " This thread is locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-not-working-in-windows-10/3c70ea75-79a8-4f3b-b10a-86be1f22931c As some/many have posted,...
  5. File Explorer is a complete mess

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer is a complete mess: Running Windows 10 Pro 1909 (not updating to 2004 until I know it's safe). Symptoms: - Right-click to open a second FE window either doesn't work, or takes over a minute to open - FE search bar doesn't register the first few keystrokes entered into the field - FE search...
  6. File Explorer 1909

File Explorer 1909: 1. If you use File Explorer to Open a document whose application has an Auto-Save feature and you leave File Explorer minimized then when the Auto-Save runs File Explorer will be hung. At that point if you use Task Manager to Restart the system will hang part way through....
  7. Error on file search on File explorer after 1909

Error on file search on File explorer after 1909: Hello. After update 1909, the search on file explorer does not work properly. I really wish back to old type search or find anyone help me. When the search does not properly, the symptoms are as below; Firstly, I could not click the search box even left or right...
  8. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 1909 the Search Box in the File Explorer is completely unuseable. It shows a text cursor but I cannot click inside the box or type any text into it. Essentially it's a text box with no "wiring". Any ideas how to resolve this issue? I'm...
  9. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

in Cortana
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.: New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr. I have tried to run...
  10. Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue: What happened to explorer search? Unable to paste the copied file name to search for as it was in previous versions. I have to manually type the file name and press Enter. This is terrible! Why does Microsoft only make things worse with each new version ?!...