Windows 10: "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one"

Discus and support "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For the past week i have been trying to launch my Minecraft launcher and it didn't work it kept giving me an error that says "windows cannot access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kareem gardener, May 23, 2024.

1. "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one"

For the past week i have been trying to launch my Minecraft launcher and it didn't work it kept giving me an error that says "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" I have watched and tried literally everything i can find around the internet and it still hasn't worked. Now i clicked on the file and clicked properties then advanced and i saw that this same file was on "users" all i need to do was change the permissions to full control instead of read but i cant because it said it was corrupted and i needed to d

:)

kareem gardener, May 23, 2024

2. access control entry is corrupt

this access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create new one. while accessing windows app folder

viveksharma_836, May 23, 2024
  3. Access Control Entry is Corrupt

I have the same problem. I bet most people do, if they happen to look. Microsoft is not answering this question, and, yes, I have tried all of their runaround suggestions. The question is simple: how do I delete and create a new access control entry after
    it becomes corrupt?

JohnHester, May 23, 2024
  4. "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one"

Access Control Entry is Corrupt

I have the same issue. When I attempt to open WINDOWSAPPS, I receive the message "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one.".

Could you elaborate on how to "Delete it and create a new one."?

Larry Peacock, May 23, 2024
Thema:

"This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one"

1. "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one" - Similar Threads - access control entry

2. "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one": For the past week i have been trying to launch my Minecraft launcher and it didn't work it kept giving me an error that says "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" I have watched and tried...
  3. Cannot access WindowsApps due to 'access control entry' being 'corrupt'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access WindowsApps due to 'access control entry' being 'corrupt': Hi there.I am trying to add a game I purchased off the Microsoft Store to Steam, following all the necessary steps to be able to access WindowsApps but it will not allow me because my access control entry is corrupt. I don't know how to fix it.Please help me. I am...
  4. Cannot access WindowsApps due to 'access control entry' being 'corrupt'

Cannot access WindowsApps due to 'access control entry' being 'corrupt': Hi there.I am trying to add a game I purchased off the Microsoft Store to Steam, following all the necessary steps to be able to access WindowsApps but it will not allow me because my access control entry is corrupt. I don't know how to fix it.Please help me. I am...
  5. access control entry is corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    access control entry is corrupt: this access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create new one. while accessing windows app folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-control-entry-is-corrupt/a2e457dd-b3f8-4035-aafa-effcd38fc577
  6. access control entry is corrupt

access control entry is corrupt: this access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create new one. while accessing windows app folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-control-entry-is-corrupt/a2e457dd-b3f8-4035-aafa-effcd38fc577
  7. access control entry is corrupt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Fix This Access Control Entry is corrupt error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix This Access Control Entry is corrupt error in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some Windows users are reporting the following error when they try to change the Owner in Advanced Security Settings. This Access Control Entry is Corrupt. Delete it and create a new one. In this article, we are going to fix this error in Windows 10 with the help of...
  9. "This access control entry is corrupt" for the WindowsApps folder and nothing else

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This access control entry is corrupt" for the WindowsApps folder and nothing else: I receive the error message in the image below when I try to list the content of the WindowsApps folder. I know how to change the owner of the folder and correct the problem, but I don't want to start mucking around without knowing what I'm doing. Is this "problem" there...
  10. Access Control Entry is Corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Control Entry is Corrupt: "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one." This is the error that I received after trying to open a WindowsApps folder in the D: drive in a recently-new computer (that previously only had personal files like pictures) that was freshly written...