Windows 10: This app can’t open error for Photos, Xbox Game Bar, Calculator, etc, apps

Discus and support This app can’t open error for Photos, Xbox Game Bar, Calculator, etc, apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you receive This app can’t open error when opening Photos, Xbox Game Bar, Calculator, Skype, or any Microsoft Store UWP app on Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 30, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

This app can’t open error for Photos, Xbox Game Bar, Calculator, etc, apps

WinClub, Jun 30, 2020

2. Cannot open Xbox App game bar

Hi Jamie,

Issues with saving your video clips or using the Game bar on Windows 10 are possibly caused by an outdated Xbox app or a corrupted folder on Windows Explorer. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you move your saved video clips to another folder within
    the PC. The next saved videos will automatically go to the new folder.

If the issue persists, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache. Then, uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to manually update it by following the steps below:

To reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

To update the Xbox App:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

You can also sign in to another use to isolate if there is an issue with your profile.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 30, 2020
  4. PAT
    Pat Win User

Windows 10 Xbox DVR app thinks Chrome is a game

When setting up the XBox game app, and the XBox DVR game bar, I must have checked the box that Chrome is a game app.

How do I undo that?

Every time I open Chrome, the game bar pops up.

I don't want to select "don't show this again", because then it'll disable it for real game apps. I just want to remove Chrome from the list.

Thoughts?

Thema:

1. This app can’t open error for Photos, Xbox Game Bar, Calculator, etc, apps - Similar Threads - app can’t open

2. Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...: I changed the AppData directory path to 'E:\AppData' since the C drive was about full.I changed it in the regedit too, but now some of the Windows apps are not working.Used this question: How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive - Microsoft...
  3. Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening: I've wasted many hours googling for a Windows 11 problem which presented itself in the following form:Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE appearing when trying to update appsCouldn't open Notepad, Paint, Calculator and other basic Windows appsIn the Start Menu some Windows apps...
  4. Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening: I've wasted many hours googling for a Windows 11 problem which presented itself in the following form:Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE appearing when trying to update appsCouldn't open Notepad, Paint, Calculator and other basic Windows appsIn the Start Menu some Windows apps...
  5. Windows 10 Apps Calculator, Microsoft Store, Xbox Game Bar, Photos Won't Launch.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Apps Calculator, Microsoft Store, Xbox Game Bar, Photos Won't Launch.: My computer will not open applications such as Calculator, Microsoft store, Xbox Game Bar, Photos, Camera, Cortana, Get Help, Calendar, Alarms and clock and more. My computer has had this issue for almost 4 months and I even factory reset it and only a couple of weeks later...
  6. Calculator and Photo Apps

Calculator and Photo Apps: Is anyone else having issues with the Photos and Calculator apps not operating? Each time I start up both my Pc and my laptop neither app works, I just get a Windows error message. I have to go into each of the app settings and terminate it, reset it then repair it for them...
  7. Cannot open windows apps (calendar, store, calculator, etc)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open windows apps (calendar, store, calculator, etc): I went to download something through the windows app store and ran across this message: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings...
  8. Xbox app and Game Bar confusion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app and Game Bar confusion: Before, when I played some MS Store game with friends who happened to be on Xbox, I used the Win10 Xbox (beta) app to voice chat with them, which worked rather poorly (terrible audio quality, constant crashes, etc.) - but at least it worked. Now, I'm not sure if something...
  9. removing xbox game bar app

removing xbox game bar app: just got a new system with win10 it came preinstalled with xbox game bar on it. I have tried removing it under add remove programs and it won't let me. some of its presetup keys in windows are the same as game commands i have for other games. I don't like the app and...
  10. Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.

Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.: Both apps do not work audio wise. Mic gives the greyed ring like its working but people in party chat cannot hear me nor can I hear them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-companion-app-and-xbox-game-bar/ce820732-2b70-447c-841c-b887311442f0