Windows 10: This app can't open/ Firewall error

Discus and support This app can't open/ Firewall error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, After trying an hour to fix some problems, I came no conclusions. My firewall suddenly went off and I can't change that: Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeChircu, Jun 30, 2020.

1. This app can't open/ Firewall error

Hello there,

After trying an hour to fix some problems, I came no conclusions.

My firewall suddenly went off and I can't change that: Windows Defender Firewall can't change some of your settings.

Furthermore, apps like MyAsus, Nvidia Control Panel or Movies and TV can't open.

I have everything updated and no virus.

Can you please help me? I've tried everything. Thanks!

:)

GeorgeChircu, Jun 30, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. This app can't open/ Firewall error :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
  4. This app can't open/ Firewall error

Should I be worried? "RPC Unavailable" error after "windows explorer" firewall request.

Hi,

The RPC unavailable error means your computer have a problem with communicating with other devices or machines through the network you use. To help you resolve this issue, we suggest that you configure the firewall on your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • On Control Panel, search windows firewall.
    • Click Allow an app through Windows Firewall below Windows Firewall.
    • Look for Remote Assistance. Ensure its communication is
      enabled
      (All the boxes of this item are ticked).

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

This app can't open/ Firewall error

1. This app can't open/ Firewall error - Similar Threads - app can't open

2. Firewall App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall App: I have genshin game launcher in external disk already allow access in windows built-in firewall. If I install Windows firewall control or firewall app blocker, is genshin game launcher in external disk is not in allow list?...
  3. Firewall App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall App: I have genshin game launcher in external disk already allow access in windows built-in firewall. If I install Windows firewall control or firewall app blocker, is genshin game launcher in external disk is not in allow list?...
  4. Firewall Apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall Apps: After performing a repair on the place of Windows I find these apps that can communicate through the Firewall in particular there is: windows_ie_ac_001 and seeing a little around on the net I am not entirely calm. Any help and information in this regard are very welcome. 183380
  5. this app can't open

this app can't open: Hi this alert keeps showing up when I open adobe xd: "There is a problem with Adobe XD. Reinstall the app from its original install location or contact your administrator." I tried uninstalling it with: # AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool # CCleaner # Iobit Uninstaller #...
  6. Settings app error: This app can't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app error: This app can't open: I can no longer open my Settings app on my Win10 Acer laptop. The error I get is "This app can't open" and says to try a refresh to resolve it. I did a refresh and still am getting this error. Is there a fix for this issue or do I have to do a full wipe of my laptop and...
  7. Windows Firewall allow app won't open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall allow app won't open: Hello, when I try to click on the "allow an app through firewall" option within my firewall settings nothing happens. I click on it and even after waiting multiple minutes nothing pops up, not even the loading icon. I am the owner and thus admin of the laptop and have...
  8. Windows firewall can't be opened due to error 0x8007045b AND 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall can't be opened due to error 0x8007045b AND 0x800706d9: Even i have uninstalled my quickheal antivirus still it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-cant-be-opened-due-to-error/a308dfcc-9380-43a5-b3be-42039312ec78
  9. Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error.: Most of my windows 10 native apps can't open. When I click/select an app, the app window attempts to load then quickly disappears prompting a "This app can't open" message. "Check the Windows Store for more info go to the Store. [ATTACH] Programs that I've installed...
  10. This app can't open

This app can't open: Three days ago a number of apps including mail and Microsoft Solitaire have grayed out icons on the start menu with circle and an explanation point. When I click on the circle I get the message "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about …. I have...