Windows 10: This app can't open, there's a problem with this application

Discus and support This app can't open, there's a problem with this application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 said needed to do an update so when was finished using PC done the update, I then switched the PC off and when went back to it next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JayGee4, Sep 22, 2020.

1. JayGee4 Win User

This app can't open, there's a problem with this application

Hi, Windows 10 said needed to do an update so when was finished using PC done the update,

I then switched the PC off and when went back to it next day and now cant access anything like steam, firefox, logitech gaming software, any programs I have on the hard drive etc as getting error message:

'This app can't open, there's a problem with this application. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it'

have tried redownloading steam etc from website but when trying to open/install it get same error message.

It will open some things on the hard drive like music files through the groove music app,

It will also open microsoft edge and forza 7 ok,

I checked if there was any other updates available and there was,

When I done that update it took ages and PC kept going off and back on but windows still has same issue,

Also noticed the restore points that had set up before are all gone,

Checked online for the answer and seen to try going back to before the update that may have caused the issue but only option there was to go back to before last update that was done so tried it anyway but still same issue,

Would anyone be able to help,

Cheers

:)

JayGee4, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. This app can't open, there's a problem with this application :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Problem to open some applications

Regards,

I have Windows 10 Enterprise, and i have problems to open some applications that brings windows 10,
    I get I can not open the calculator application among others. The error is
    "This app can't open" "Calculator cant"t be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again." I search and found that has to do with the UAC and solve this must be in
    "Notify me only when apps try to makes change to my computer (default)" but in this domian it has to be
    "Never notify me when:

• Apps try to install software or make changes to my computer
    • I make changes to Windows settings

Someone could help me with this problem or
    give me some suggestions

This app can't open, there's a problem with this application c236890f-9be8-4752-a9e1-7f008960129b.png

hvazquez0139, Sep 22, 2020
  4. ex_reven Win User

How: Open Two Application

Whats the point.
    Every application I know of offers multiple tasks being performed at the same time anyway. I see no advantage of having a clone of an app *Wtf :wtf:

ex_reven, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. This app can't open, there's a problem with this application - Similar Threads - app can't open

2. "this app can't open"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "this app can't open": After trying all solution available on internet. It still showing "Check the Store for more info about Photos."things I have tried :1. reset app2. Repair app3. remove Microsoft.windows.photos package through powershell4. Reinstall appAdditional info:OS : window 11...
  3. this app can't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this app can't open: ok so in april 2023 microsoft did its usual update and like always 2nd laptop it screwed things up where i no longer had control of microsoft stuff. couldn't get into setting or anything. i was still able to get onto the internet and do my stuff. so for the past couple of...
  4. This App Can't Open

This App Can't Open: Hi everyone,About 2 days ago I updated Windows 10 Home 21H1 like normal. Following the update, every single application I try and open shortcut, web shortcut, .exe creates an error message even though the application opens perfectly fine. Not a single of these apps are...
  5. this app can't open

this app can't open: Hi this alert keeps showing up when I open adobe xd: "There is a problem with Adobe XD. Reinstall the app from its original install location or contact your administrator." I tried uninstalling it with: # AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool # CCleaner # Iobit Uninstaller #...
  6. Problem opening certain applications.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem opening certain applications.: Recently, something has happened on my computer which has prevented me from opening certain applications such as Snipping Tool and the Windows Installer which is used to download other apps. It opens, works for a few seconds, freezes then closes. Does anybody have a fix for...
  7. This app can't open

This app can't open: From the start menu I am unable to open: Settings, Network Connections, Apps and Features, Power Options, and System. Every time I attempt to open any of these I get the error This app can't open There is a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it....
  8. Can't open this application

Can't open this application: [ATTACH] im facing this problem since yesterday if i uninstall and reinstall this program it work fine but if i quit once it won't open again and sowing this error so please give me a solution...
  9. Can't open applications and got a problem named You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

Can't open applications and got a problem named You'll need a new app to open this .exe file: When i open programs like discord chrome, league of legends I get the problem C:\Users\Eren\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\League of legends.ink Application not found same with Chrome but if i open it from my desktop it says You'll...
  10. This app can't open

This app can't open: Three days ago a number of apps including mail and Microsoft Solitaire have grayed out icons on the start menu with circle and an explanation point. When I click on the circle I get the message "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about …. I have...