Windows 10: "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried ALL store fixes available...

Discus and support "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried ALL store fixes available... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about Sea of Thieves." why? Error code please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bobbobomb, May 18, 2020.

1. bobbobomb Win User

"This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried ALL store fixes available...

"This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about Sea of Thieves." why? Error code please?

:)

bobbobomb, May 18, 2020
  2. Itsapaul Win User

"This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried store fixes available already

So I just bought Sea of Thieves today and after installing tried opening it to a "This app can't open" error and no other info. After making sure the correct services were running and my version was up to date and doing the windows store reset, it still
    gives the error. I'm just wondeirng what'll fix this as right now I just paid $30 for an error message and no help.

Itsapaul, May 18, 2020
  3. "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried store fixes available already

Hello,

Please try these steps:

1. Open Settings app, go to System > Apps & features.

2. In corresponding right pane, click on Sea of Thieves app. Then click on Advanced options link.

3. On the next page, click on Reset button.

4. Again click on Reset button in the warning/confirmation fly-out. This will reset the app.

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, May 18, 2020
  4. "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried ALL store fixes available...

I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delayed response. We identified this issue regards downloading Sea of Thieves from Windows Store App and we still working on it to fix the problem. As a workaround, we suggest following the steps below:

• Cancel all existing download on the Store app.
    • Start the download of Sea of Thieves once again.
    • As soon as the download starts, immediately restart the computer.
    • After the reboot, do not launch the Store app instead wait for the passive download which you can check in the Action Center. Then it will automatically install by itself and then open the game without any issues.

For any results, please let us know.

Genevieve Cri, May 18, 2020
Thema:

"This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried ALL store fixes available...

1. "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried ALL store fixes available... - Similar Threads - app can't open

2. I'm given the message, "not available," when I try to download Sea Of Thieves from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm given the message, "not available," when I try to download Sea Of Thieves from the...: Whenever I try to download Sea Of Thieves from the Microsoft store, the download box is greyed out with the message, "not available." I own gamepass ultimate. When I try installing from the website, it takes me to the store, where the same message appears. I've reset my...
  3. Unable to open Sea of Thieves from Microsoft Store

Unable to open Sea of Thieves from Microsoft Store: When clicking play, app opens for a brief second and then closes. No error message, just crashed. Seems its a common problem but no real solution. Used it on this computer many of times, however when trying to reinstall after a clean format, its no longer working. Other apps...
  4. Sea of thieves can't play with an open crew

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves can't play with an open crew: I was trying to play with an open crew today on microsoft and every time I tried to set sail and Errorgreybeard appeared, but my friend launching through steam was able to play....
  5. Microsoft Store - code : 0xC03F6603 when trying to download sea of thieves

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - code : 0xC03F6603 when trying to download sea of thieves: i've tryed to download sea of thieves in the last 5 days from microsoft store, but the only thing that i could do is watch this annoying error code : 0xC03F6603 I have watched every got damn youtube video, forum, troubleshooting and tried to clean install windows. but...
  6. sea of thieves wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sea of thieves wont open: why hello there, I'm currently having issues opening and playing sea of thieves on my computer, I can open the game and it shows the screen you see before the game loads up, stays there for a few minutes, than closes itself without a error message, please help me....
  7. Sea of Thieves is not available in my Microsoft Store

Sea of Thieves is not available in my Microsoft Store: Hi! Why is Sea of Thieves not available in my Microsoft Store? Me and my friend want to buy the game. Some games are avaialbe like State of Decay 2, Forza Horizon 4 Etc. And I've already purchased a game in my store(State Of Decay 2: Ultimate Edition Preorder). And by the way...
  8. Sea of Thieves not available?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sea of Thieves not available?: I have purchased Xbox Game Pass on my Xbox and I've been playing a bit of Sea of Thieves. Recently, I wanted to download Sea of Thieves on my PC as well with Play Anywhere. However, in the Microsoft Store, the option isn't available. When I tried to install the game from the...
  9. "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried store fixes available already

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried store fixes available already: So I just bought Sea of Thieves today and after installing tried opening it to a "This app can't open" error and no other info. After making sure the correct services were running and my version was up to date and doing the windows store reset, it still gives the error. I'm...
  10. Can't open "show all" in Store, tried everything

Can't open "show all" in Store, tried everything: Hi, folks, ok, since 17th Oct with the new FCU new surprise also came out: The new -iconed and -named Microsoft Store opens but when I click on show all links nothing is showing. The only links working are those for music and films and tv. Already tried wsreset.exe, reset...