Windows 10: "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried store fixes available already

Discus and support "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried store fixes available already in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I just bought Sea of Thieves today and after installing tried opening it to a "This app can't open" error and no other info. After making sure the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Itsapaul, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Itsapaul Win User

"This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried store fixes available already

So I just bought Sea of Thieves today and after installing tried opening it to a "This app can't open" error and no other info. After making sure the correct services were running and my version was up to date and doing the windows store reset, it still gives the error. I'm just wondeirng what'll fix this as right now I just paid $30 for an error message and no help.

:)

Itsapaul, Jan 24, 2019

2. I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delayed response. We identified this issue regards downloading Sea of Thieves from Windows Store App and we still working on it to fix the problem. As a workaround, we suggest following the steps below:

• Cancel all existing download on the Store app.
    • Start the download of Sea of Thieves once again.
    • As soon as the download starts, immediately restart the computer.
    • After the reboot, do not launch the Store app instead wait for the passive download which you can check in the Action Center. Then it will automatically install by itself and then open the game without any issues.

For any results, please let us know.

Genevieve Cri, Jan 24, 2019
  3. I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

This workaround worked for me first time of trying it. I had the same issue as the OP.

M0NK3YR0N1N, Jan 24, 2019
  4. LeonLaude Win User

"This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried store fixes available already

Sea of Thieves download

Hi,

You could try the following:

Reset the Windows Store

You can use the steps below to refresh the Store which will clear the cache and refresh your library and permissions.

• Close the Windows Store app if you have it open.
    • Click Start and type wsreset.
    • Right-Click on the command and click Run as Administrator. If the Windows permission box appears, click
      Yes or Run.
    • A black MS DOS screen will appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.
    • Attempt to install Sea of Thieves

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

1. "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried store fixes available already - Similar Threads - app can't open

2. I'm given the message, "not available," when I try to download Sea Of Thieves from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm given the message, "not available," when I try to download Sea Of Thieves from the...: Whenever I try to download Sea Of Thieves from the Microsoft store, the download box is greyed out with the message, "not available." I own gamepass ultimate. When I try installing from the website, it takes me to the store, where the same message appears. I've reset my...
  3. I'm given the message, "not available," when I try to download Sea Of Thieves from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm given the message, "not available," when I try to download Sea Of Thieves from the...: Whenever I try to download Sea Of Thieves from the Microsoft store, the download box is greyed out with the message, "not available." I own gamepass ultimate. When I try installing from the website, it takes me to the store, where the same message appears. I've reset my...
  4. Unable to open Sea of Thieves from Microsoft Store

Unable to open Sea of Thieves from Microsoft Store: When clicking play, app opens for a brief second and then closes. No error message, just crashed. Seems its a common problem but no real solution. Used it on this computer many of times, however when trying to reinstall after a clean format, its no longer working. Other apps...
  5. Sea of thieves can't play with an open crew

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves can't play with an open crew: I was trying to play with an open crew today on microsoft and every time I tried to set sail and Errorgreybeard appeared, but my friend launching through steam was able to play....
  6. Microsoft Store - code : 0xC03F6603 when trying to download sea of thieves

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - code : 0xC03F6603 when trying to download sea of thieves: i've tryed to download sea of thieves in the last 5 days from microsoft store, but the only thing that i could do is watch this annoying error code : 0xC03F6603 I have watched every got damn youtube video, forum, troubleshooting and tried to clean install windows. but...
  7. "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried ALL store fixes available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried ALL store fixes available...: "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about Sea of Thieves." why? Error code please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-open-when-trying-to-open-sea-of/c26f933d-4c13-42e1-97b9-74ac3bdd640f
  8. sea of thieves wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sea of thieves wont open: why hello there, I'm currently having issues opening and playing sea of thieves on my computer, I can open the game and it shows the screen you see before the game loads up, stays there for a few minutes, than closes itself without a error message, please help me....
  9. Sea of Thieves is not available in my Microsoft Store

Sea of Thieves is not available in my Microsoft Store: Hi! Why is Sea of Thieves not available in my Microsoft Store? Me and my friend want to buy the game. Some games are avaialbe like State of Decay 2, Forza Horizon 4 Etc. And I've already purchased a game in my store(State Of Decay 2: Ultimate Edition Preorder). And by the way...
  10. Sea of Thieves not available?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sea of Thieves not available?: I have purchased Xbox Game Pass on my Xbox and I've been playing a bit of Sea of Thieves. Recently, I wanted to download Sea of Thieves on my PC as well with Play Anywhere. However, in the Microsoft Store, the option isn't available. When I tried to install the game from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check the windows store for more info about sea of thieves.

2. this app cant open sea of thieves

3. sea of thieves this app cant open

4. i already bought sea of thieves,
  5. sea of thieves for pc cant not open this app,
  6. cant open sea of thieves because firewall is off,
  7. cannot open app sea of thieves,
  8. cant open Sea of Thieves,
  9. app cant open see of thives,
  10. this app cant open - check the windows store for more info about sea of thieves,
  11. sea of thieves this app cant be opened