Windows 10: This App can´t open

Discus and support This App can´t open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Sorry for my poor english. Whit the UAC disabled (Registry> EnableLUA=0) I get the error message "The app can´t open", "...with the Built-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adalwar, May 13, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

This App can´t open

Hi,
    Sorry for my poor english.

Whit the UAC disabled (Registry> EnableLUA=0) I get the error message "The app can´t open", "...with the Built-in Administrator account. Try with another account".
    I get this message when I try to open any Windows App (Calender, Fotos, Camera, Edge, One Note), everything.

How to make App´s work with UAC disabled?

:)

Adalwar, May 13, 2016

2. This app can t run on this pc

This is a big problem , i search everywhere and i didn t find any answer . If I try to open comand promt it s apear This app can t run on this pc , if i try to change my account nothing happens when i click the buttons , if I try to turn off something
    nothing happens , any button or swich that i try to press nothing responds , it s the same , i try to format my computer , to delete data , to reinstall the windows and it give me errors , what can i do ? i can t open anything . This happend when i updated
    my computer last time , my windows expired , but i can t activate it because when i try to do that nothing happens , please help.. Windows 10 destroyed my computer

ComsaCaata, May 13, 2016
  3. Efraim Gar, May 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

This App can´t open

Hello, can I ask why you are using the built-in admin account? That should not be the case- certainly not for normal use.
    Do you have a normal admin account?

Apps launch perfectly well with UAC disabled using that.

dalchina, May 13, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Hi dalchina,
    I am not using the "hidden" Administrator Account, if you mean that.
    I am using the Account that was created when I boot the PC for the first time and it is a Administrator account.
    Should I create another account? With which "Rights"?
    That with accounts and rights and UAC in Windows 10 is terrible.

Adalwar, May 13, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, ok, that's a valid choice of account.

Have you attempted to hack the registry?
    No need- if you wish you can turn UAC off using the slider in Users - Manage Account if you know how to get there.
    Otherwise I'm thinking something is corrupt in your user settings.

So- if you've modified the registry, undo that.
    Set UAC to off using the slide; try apps then.

If that doesn't work, create a new user account and check them under that.
    If your apps work in that account, your current one is corrupt.

dalchina, May 13, 2016
  7. Adalwar Win User
    Hi dalchina,

On User Account changing the UAC to disable, does not disable it completly. App´s that does not support UAC you may need to disable UAC in Registry.
    Yes, If I have EnableLUA=1 in Registry the App´s are working, but I need to disable completly the UAC.

some info from MSDN about EnableLUA in Registry : "
    false
    Windows does not notify the user when programs try to install software or make changes to the computer.
    We do not recommend using this setting, but it can be selected for systems that use programs that are not certified for Windows® 8, Windows Server® 2012, Windows® 7 or Windows Server® 2008 R2 because they do not support UAC."

So, with UAC disabled in Registry the Windows App´s should still work, but it is not the case.

Adalwar, May 13, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

This App can´t open

Can I ask the question another way... what is your reason for needing to completely disable UAC?
    Presumably you have some specific program or programs you launch frequently.

I have UAC off, and many programs installed, and no UAC-related prompts.

Is there anything here that may help? (Discussion about allowing exceptions to UAC)
    White List? - Windows 10 Forums

(Who said MS is completely consistent? especially with workarounds like this)

dalchina, May 13, 2016
  9. Adalwar Win User
    Hi dalchina,
    The White List workaround is not working for me.
    In Windows 10 there is no choice, if you disbable UAC the Metro App´s does not work.
    So seems that the way Windows 10 will go is become more and more incompatible to older Software.
    I have doubts about limiting the user activity as beeing a good measure of security.

Adalwar, May 14, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    I can disable UAC (using the slider), and apps run fine.
    But disabling UAC like that is not recommended.

See
    Solved Can't run Apps with UAC turned off

Also in that thread now is a program by Abylon (free today on Bitsdujour) if you wish to try it.

I think you're referring to hacking UAC so it's completely non-functional- and that's caused problems from Win 8 at least.

The point of UAC was to give the user an opportunity to stop a program they didn't recognise being run - i.e. if a trojan or virus running in a conventional manner were to try running, then UAC gives an option to stop it. The weakness in this is simple. Too many UAC prompts mean people don't bother to read them and respond automatically. So the benefit is lost without the user's choice being remembered.

Now years ago I used Zonealarm's firewall. This essentially covered this area, so approved programs ran.
    That's another direction to look in - firewalls- and whitelisting AVs. There are one or two.
    Which Free Firewall For Windows Is Best For You?
    - suggests Comodo & it seems Zone Alarm Free on a learning basis.

dalchina, May 14, 2016
  11. Adalwar Win User
    Hi dalchina,
    I realy nedd to disable UAC by registry. I have Software Dev by me and I need to Write and Read Registry settings. The UAC is preventing me to do that, even if I have the Software completly installed in other Partition.
    Also, Windows 10 seems is "playing around" with my files that beeing wirtten, I mean some sort of Shawdow copies of the files.
    I do not know exactly is going on in the background with files from my App.
    The only solution I found is to Disable the UAC, Virtualization ( File and Folder Shadowing) and also the SecurePaths settings.
    Otherwise, nothing is going.

Very well, I do think "Security" is good. My application is very well known to the user (is not hidden, nor Malware, doing no Arm to Windows or what ever, is getting the Aproval from User to Install), but Windows 10 does NOT let me run it. Why? That Blind locking everyone in the HOPPE, that is merely the HOPPE, they will cacth some bad guy.

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

This App can´t open

1. This App can´t open - Similar Threads - App can´t open

2. I can' t switch between apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can' t switch between apps: For example i was playing a game and when I alt tabbed to go on google to do a research it wasn't loading up the page so i went back to the game and the game and i got kicked out for connection lost and after like 3seconds it went back to normal so i tried to not use alt tab...
  3. Can´t open Microsoft Store or any other Microsoft apps, can't search, can´t open the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can´t open Microsoft Store or any other Microsoft apps, can't search, can´t open the...: I accidentally pushed my headphone cable, causing the screen to lose connection and the PC fans started to get louder, so I turned it off and on manually. But then, after I rebooted, a blue screen happened twice. The third time the boot started repairing the C drive, but when...
  4. Can´t open Microsoft Store or any other Microsoft apps, can't search, can´t open the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can´t open Microsoft Store or any other Microsoft apps, can't search, can´t open the...: I accidentally pushed my headphone cable, causing the screen to lose connection and the PC fans started to get louder, so I turned it off and on manually. But then, after I rebooted, a blue screen happened twice. The third time the boot started repairing the C drive, but when...
  5. Can´t open Microsoft Store or any other Microsoft apps, can't search, can´t open the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. win 11 can`t open explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 can`t open explorer: i add a local account in my computer .In this account the explorer cannot be opened , the icon in the taskbar cannot be opened, and win+e cannot be opened. The explorer in the Windows directory of the C :/windows/explorer.exe cannot be opened. nor can it be opened by win +r...
  7. win 11 can`t open explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 can`t open explorer: i add a local account in my computer .In this account the explorer cannot be opened , the icon in the taskbar cannot be opened, and win+e cannot be opened. The explorer in the Windows directory of the C :/windows/explorer.exe cannot be opened. nor can it be opened by win +r...
  8. Can´t open microsoft store page

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can´t open microsoft store page: Hi, I´ve been trying to open the microsoft store page for several days with no success. I want to install iCloud, iTunes and some other apps in my PC. I have windows 10 installed.Can you help me ?...
  9. I can' t open espn app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can' t open espn app: you'll need a new app to open this espnapi link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-t-open-espn-app/7ee555c1-91d5-4bca-b79e-96edae9ec7aa
  10. Can''t open x box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can''t open x box: This error code Microsoft Mahjong is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-x-box/8ec38c89-655f-4d23-96d4-528ad06c279e