Windows 10: this app can't run.... but software installs on earlier WIndows 10 version.

Discus and support this app can't run.... but software installs on earlier WIndows 10 version. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a problem that started with updates or maybe just new builds of Windows 10. I have a number of programs that are SUCESSFULLY installed on an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by scott_rj, Jun 13, 2019.

1. scott_rj Win User

this app can't run.... but software installs on earlier WIndows 10 version.

This is a problem that started with updates or maybe just new builds of Windows 10.

I have a number of programs that are SUCESSFULLY installed on an earlier build of Windows 10 on another machine.

Specifically a Windows Surface. But before a version of the latest Windows

This not a version issue. This is not a 32bit issue.

I have disabled Smart screen, checked for corrupt registry files.

I even installed a new hardrive and loaded a new version of Windows 10.

Same issue when I tried to install any of the previously installed software.

"This app cannot run...."

The dialog window comes up way to fast for it to have run any part of the setup.exe.

Does anyone know how to disable the MS program that blocks these installs?

Thanks!

RJ

:)

scott_rj, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

These are the official EASy steps on how to do it. http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-windows-10-preview-windows-phone

There very simple and i've already tried them. The problem that i face is that the software (this app) does not find any updates for me .
    Many people across the world have this issues .So you need the proxy etc thing to get it to work.

3. 95Viper Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

Got a Lumia 822 with Windows 8.10.14203.306 (plus, also, ran WP 10 for a short while... to many problems in the earlier versions; so, I put 8.1 back).
    And, Glance is not needed as an app add-on (as it was on WP 8.0 and WP8.1)... it is included in the settings and works great in WP8.1 update and WP10.

If you are in a country that WP10 is available at this time and your phone is listed, all you need do is sign up for the Windows 10 insider app on your phone and run update to install the WP10 preview... no hacking needed.
    Or, you change your phone to US, as you did.
    You don't have to do all the hacking this and that.

EDIT:
    If you do not have Glance on your phone... you can try searching the app store for it and install or re-install it; or, try the app Nokia update and see if that will install any missing items.
    There is a Glance screen bug, where some people are not getting the glance screen.
    There are some other bugs where people have had to reset phone or re-install the everything.

Goodluck.

95Viper, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. this app can't run.... but software installs on earlier WIndows 10 version. - Similar Threads - app can't run

2. "This app can't run on your PC to find a version for your PC check with the software...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This app can't run on your PC to find a version for your PC check with the software...: Hello,I keep getting a pop up that says "This app can't run on your PC to find a version for your PC check with the software publisher". It happens on every webpage that I go on and I have to click close for it to go away and then it comes back again. It is totally...
  3. update software for Microsoft Windows 7 Professional or earlier versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update software for Microsoft Windows 7 Professional or earlier versions of Windows: Do you have any old software that I use to bring my Windows 7 Professional or any earlier version of Windows up to the most resent version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-software-for-microsoft-windows-7/ebd5544f-ac92-4379-b60a-38f252b13cbd
  4. update software for Microsoft Windows 7 Professional or earlier versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update software for Microsoft Windows 7 Professional or earlier versions of Windows: Do you have any old software that I use to bring my Windows 7 Professional or any earlier version of Windows up to the most resent version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-software-for-microsoft-windows-7/ebd5544f-ac92-4379-b60a-38f252b13cbd
  5. Revert to earlier version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Revert to earlier version: I did a clean install of 20h2 with a Win 10 flash dirve that I purchased. After numerous issues black screen, blue screen, freezes I figured out that the new Win 10 20H2 does not like my EVGA nVidia GTX 1060 6Gb graphics card. It actually hates it. If I install the card, the...
  6. Install an Earlier Version as Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install an Earlier Version as Update: Is there a way to roll back W10 as an update after Go back to an earlier build is not available anymore? Without having to reinstall and setup everything again. Thank you. submitted by /u/antonioat8 [link] [comments]...
  7. How to download and install an earlier version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to download and install an earlier version of Windows 10: Microsoft maintains support for several versions of its Windows 10 operating system for Home users and even more versions for Enterprise customers. While it is often a good idea to upgrade or install the latest version that Microsoft released, e.g. Windows 10 version 1903 at...
  8. Can't Install .NET Framework 4.5 or earlier versions (iCUE issue)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Install .NET Framework 4.5 or earlier versions (iCUE issue): Hello I have just reset my PC and have spent 2 days already reinstalling stuff. My problem is with installing any, and all Versions of .NET Framework earlier than 4.8 (which I understand is default installed with Windows 10?) I have a K95 RGB Corsair Keyboard, however, I...
  9. Earlier versions of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Earlier versions of Windows: I have a laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 17134. I have a software program that is only tested to Build 1709. Can I have both (or either) running on the new laptop, as it will only be used for running the software....
  10. Can't recover to earlier version.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't recover to earlier version.: I have a computer in my workshop that doesn't get used very much, one of the programs I use there doesn't like the last upgrade (the fonts are messed up). When this has happened in the past I just recovered to an earlier version. Now that option is no longer available because...