Windows 10: This app can't run on this device Windows 10 Update Assistant

Discus and support This app can't run on this device Windows 10 Update Assistant in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I get this appearing on screen after boot up. Then it will randomly appear while the PC is running. If I walk away I can come back and see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrentMooreNB, Nov 27, 2020.

1. This app can't run on this device Windows 10 Update Assistant

This app can't run on this device  Windows 10 Update Assistant 71605b77-f6e2-46e9-b398-4b2001f18fcc?upload=true.png

I get this appearing on screen after boot up. Then it will randomly appear while the PC is running. If I walk away I can come back and see 45+ windows with this error message have appeared and I need to close them.

It is affecting my PC performance and unfortunately after 2 support calls to Microsoft the best they could suggest was to ask the community.

Looking for an answer

Thanks

:)

BrentMooreNB, Nov 27, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Nov 27, 2020
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 27, 2020
  4. This app can't run on this device Windows 10 Update Assistant

Core Apps not Running

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the App Troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue persists:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

This app can't run on this device Windows 10 Update Assistant

1. This app can't run on this device Windows 10 Update Assistant - Similar Threads - app can't run

2. 'This app can't run on this device'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'This app can't run on this device'.: I have tried to install VirtualBox 5.2 on my windows 10 PC. Whenever I open the installer I get the error:'This app can't run because is causes security or performance issues on Windows.'How do I get around this?...
  3. 'This app can't run on this device'.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'This app can't run on this device'.: I have tried to install VirtualBox 5.2 on my windows 10 PC. Whenever I open the installer I get the error:'This app can't run because is causes security or performance issues on Windows.'How do I get around this?...
  4. Can't run Windows 11 Installation Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run Windows 11 Installation Assistant: Every time I try to run the installation assistant for Windows 11 it shows 0%, and right after goes to a screen saying "something went wrong" and giving me the error code 0xa0000400....
  5. Can't run Windows 11 Installation Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run Windows 11 Installation Assistant: Every time I try to run the installation assistant for Windows 11 it shows 0%, and right after goes to a screen saying "something went wrong" and giving me the error code 0xa0000400....
  6. Can't run Windows 10 apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't run Windows 10 apps.: i can't run the Your Phone app. It gives me the error:There is a problem with Your Phone. Reinstall the app from its original install location or contact your administrator.says the same for some other apps. for example weather, news, voice recorder, camera, calendar or...
  7. Windows 10 update assistant is running.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update assistant is running.: In my windows 10 laptop i unable to stop Windows 10 update assistant from running. I've already uninstalled window 10 update assistant app from control panel about three time and also deleted windows 10 upgrade assistant folder from my c drive. But every time i wake up my...
  8. What is the cause and fix for the recurring "windows 10 update assistant can't run on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the cause and fix for the recurring "windows 10 update assistant can't run on...: This message pops up every few minutes after the latest Insider edition update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-cause-and-fix-for-the-recurring/fe9b73d1-5a55-4910-9ccb-065781e74548
  9. Windows 10 Update Assistant Cannot Run On Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Assistant Cannot Run On Windows: Hi all, I'm getting the above notification frequently on my PC. It's really annoying me. Windows 10 Update assistant runs perfectly when I run it from the Start menu, so what on earth is this error all about? I've tried re-installing the Assistant and everything else...
  10. Windows 10 Update Assistant Cannot Run On Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Update Assistant Cannot Run On Windows: Hi all, I'm getting the above notification frequently on my PC. It's really annoying me. Windows 10 Update assistant runs perfectly when I run it from the Start menu, so what on earth is this error all about? I've tried re-installing the Assistant and everything else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The compatibility assistant says: This app cant run on your device

2. The Windows 10 compatibility assistant says: This app cant run on this device

3. The compatibility assistant says: the app cant run on this device