Windows 10: This app can't run on your PC - Run 32 bit on 64 bit computer

Discus and support This app can't run on your PC - Run 32 bit on 64 bit computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have been running a Microsoft Visual Foxpro Version 9 with Service Pack 2 application for a long time on a Windows 10 Network set up. All is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 32bit-64bit, Jul 26, 2019.

1. This app can't run on your PC - Run 32 bit on 64 bit computer

We have been running a Microsoft Visual Foxpro Version 9 with Service Pack 2 application for a long time on a Windows 10 Network set up. All is working and we are that the app albeit a bit old, is 32bit. We set up a new Windows Profile for a new person in the office and created a shortcut back to the VFP application. This new user is receiving the message "This app can't run on your PC"

So we tried all the compatibility tests etc and also tried the following:

Control Panel > Turn Windows features on or off > Click Internet Information Services > Reboot the computer

Start Menu type IIS in Cortana field > Application Pools > Right click DefaultAppPool > Advanced Settings > Enable 32 bit Applications > Change to True

Still not able to run this app via the new user profile so my questions are:

Why does it run in existing profiles and not a new one and does someone please have a resolution to this frustrating issue?

Thank you

Steve

:)

32bit-64bit, Jul 26, 2019

2. 64 bit processor running 32 bits.

I have a 64 bit processor, but y computer runs on 32 bits, how do i change it to run at 64 bits?

JOHNATHON (Student), Jul 26, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    All Applications Run On 32 Bit, While My Computer Is 64 Bit

32-bit software cannot be made to run in some kind of '64-bit mode.'

32-bit software runs very well on 64-bit hardware. 64-bit software doesn't run 'better' than 32-bit software. Running 32-bit software on a 64-bit computer does not cause lag or freezing. For example, I have 32-bit Microsoft Office and it runs very well
    on my 64-bit computer.

BulldogXX, Jul 26, 2019
  4. 1rossowen Win User

This app can't run on your PC - Run 32 bit on 64 bit computer

Running 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10 on same computer temporarily

I just verified that my Windows 10 32-bit is activated. The next step is to download the Media Creation Tool, right? When I download the 64-bit version it says "This app can't run on your PC." So do I get the 32-bit Media Creation Tool and then select the
    64-bit version of Windows 10 to install?

I just got off the phone with a Microsoft rep and he told me that I needed to purchase a new key to get Windows 10 64-bit and said there is no other way to switch over from 32-bit.

1rossowen, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

This app can't run on your PC - Run 32 bit on 64 bit computer

1. This app can't run on your PC - Run 32 bit on 64 bit computer - Similar Threads - app can't run

2. My pc is 64 bit, but most of my apps are running 32 bit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is 64 bit, but most of my apps are running 32 bit.: So basically, my pc is running 64 bit i checked and everything but when I go into to the task manager, it shows that most of the apps that are running in the background are 32 bit? and some apps that i run also running 32 bit? even tho my pc is running 64 bit as stated in the...
  3. My pc is 64 bit, but most of my apps are running 32 bit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is 64 bit, but most of my apps are running 32 bit.: So basically, my pc is running 64 bit i checked and everything but when I go into to the task manager, it shows that most of the apps that are running in the background are 32 bit? and some apps that i run also running 32 bit? even tho my pc is running 64 bit as stated in the...
  4. My pc is 64 bit, but most of my apps are running 32 bit.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my pc 64 bit but all apps are running 32 bit.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my pc 64 bit but all apps are running 32 bit.: my pc 64 bit but all apps are running 32 bit. Therefore apps that only want 64 bit do bot work. Pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-64-bit-but-all-apps-are-running-32-bit/8b6d05c2-400b-4bf4-a4bb-0906f881f211
  6. Apps running in 32 bit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps running in 32 bit: Ok so, i had a windows 10 32 bit installed on my pc first, then i reinstalled windows to 10 64 bit, i wiped everything clean. why is every app i just installed running on 32 bit??. please help! submitted by /u/butcrackz [link] [comments]...
  7. I want to run 64 bit programs on 32 bit computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to run 64 bit programs on 32 bit computer: My computer is a 32 bit os on 64 bit capable cpu. I have read many articles saying "you can run 64 bit vms on 32 bit os 64 bit hardware". Is this true? If i use a vm to emulate 64 bit windows 10, can I use the vm to stream (because i want to use streamlabs) submitted by...
  8. Upgrading Windows 10 from 32 bit to 64 bit: Error "This app can't run on your PC"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 from 32 bit to 64 bit: Error "This app can't run on your PC": Hi Currently running Win 10 Pro 32 bit (current) on an older box, but seems to pass all requirements for 64 bit install of Windows 10 Pro (64 processor, SSE2, 4 GB RAM, plenty of space). But on run of win 10 64 install from USB (from Win media creator) I get error "This app...
  9. Laptop is 64 bit but running Microsoft software of 32 bit

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Laptop is 64 bit but running Microsoft software of 32 bit: My laptop is a 64 bit but it seems to be running every software into a 32 bit such as my Microsoft word programs. Even the antivirus is 32 bit. I tried deleting the 32 bit word but it suddenly came back. What do i do? 133550
  10. windows 64 bit can't run into windows 32 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 64 bit can't run into windows 32 bit: Hi, first sorry if my English is not good I always install windows by this simple way and I have no problem so far. I extract iso file into one of drive with winrar. For windows 7 and 8 run setup.exe in the root drive and follow steps until that step I want select drive. If I...