Windows 10: "This app can’t run on your PC" when trying to start explorer.exe

Discus and support "This app can’t run on your PC" when trying to start explorer.exe in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I am having an extremely annoying problem where every time explorer.exe fails, I am completely unable to run it again from the task manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by blue89962, Jul 26, 2019.

1. blue89962 Win User

"This app can’t run on your PC" when trying to start explorer.exe

Hello

I am having an extremely annoying problem where every time explorer.exe fails, I am completely unable to run it again from the task manager and I'm forced to restart my computer.

I have tried running task manager as an administrator and starting the process from CMD, but it will just show the big blue banner with the message, asking me to "check with the software publisher"

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise 64bits

Thanks in advance

:)

blue89962, Jul 26, 2019
  2. nkienitz Win User

RUN won't 'run' EXE files

Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder.

Same response on 3 different laptops.

I have a history of the APP for these EXEs (~12+ years worth) and they have always run from the RUN box and from the same download folder.

I can get the EXE to run when I click on it from Windows File Explorer or the Directory Opus File Manager.

I've also copied the two most recent EXEs that I downloaded since the 1803 update to my Desktop and they will run from the RUN box at that location.

I'm guessing something has changed with the 1803 update to affect this, but have not been able to figure it out as of yet.

Anyone have any suggestions?

nkienitz, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Homeless Win User
    Internet Explorer 9 won't run

That's the exact problem i'm having. I did the first two and nothing happens, but when I try and do the troubleshooting step I don't have the internet explorer performance troubleshooter. Oddly both my x64 systems don't have it but my x86 one does.

Homeless, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. "This app can’t run on your PC" when trying to start explorer.exe - Similar Threads - app can’t run

2. On start up and randomly whilst on my pc I get a “This app can’t run on your PC”, however I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On start up and randomly whilst on my pc I get a “This app can’t run on your PC”, however I...: I have no clue what the app it’s trying to run is and I don’t know why it keeps on opening, I have tried an SFC scan which was fine and a disk clean up which did nothing...
  3. On start up and randomly whilst on my pc I get a “This app can’t run on your PC”, however I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On start up and randomly whilst on my pc I get a “This app can’t run on your PC”, however I...: I have no clue what the app it’s trying to run is and I don’t know why it keeps on opening, I have tried an SFC scan which was fine and a disk clean up which did nothing...
  4. “This app can’t run on your PC”

in Windows 10 Customization
    “This app can’t run on your PC”: I get a “This app can’t run on your PC” with almost all my software programs. I can open Microsoft Bing though. I have uninstalled my office as i initially thought it was a problem with only Excel and Word but now I can’t download Office with a valid key - i just get “This...
  5. This app can’t run on your PC error message windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This app can’t run on your PC error message windows 10: I am trying to download a program using the .exe file but whenever I try opening it I get the message, "This app can’t run on your PC check with software publisher" this is happening for many .exe files that I try opening and it's extremely frustrating. I've tried making a...
  6. Strange exe and dll that runs a console window on my pc when it starts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange exe and dll that runs a console window on my pc when it starts: Hello Everyone, I found this odd file in my C:\Users\[User Account Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\gdtsgheb It has 2 files a dll and an executable. It runs on my computer every time in a terminal but it is too fast to see the file location but this time it froze for a few...
  7. Can’t seem to run/open .exe files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t seem to run/open .exe files: So today I can’t seem to open/run any .exe files. I tried to do some ‘help’ online but nothing seems to work. Whenever I try to launch the .exe file, the explorer just freezes. No “run as admin” or anything like that. Can anyone help me with frustrating issue? submitted by...
  8. How to Fix “This App Can’t Run on your PC” in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Fix “This App Can’t Run on your PC” in Windows 10: [ATTACH] please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-in-windows/b96bed3d-ae43-4c16-bf49-1e5ef398c419"
  9. Apps running when PC starts, windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps running when PC starts, windows 10.: Hi, Firstly, I shall apologise in advance. I'm a bit of a tech head but the terminology I'll be using will be main descriptive and probably annoy those whom actually knows what they are talking about. I have an issue with apps running when the PC starts. I have told the...
  10. This App will not Run on Your PC

in Windows 10 Support
    This App will not Run on Your PC: After trying to install am admittedly sketchy program, all of my applications won't open normally and read "This app can't run on your pc". Only a select number of stock windows apps run normally. I can get most applications to open by selecting "run as administrator", but...
Tags: