Windows 10: “This app can’t run on your PC”

Discus and support “This app can’t run on your PC” in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get a “This app can’t run on your PC” with almost all my software programs. I can open Microsoft Bing though. I have uninstalled my office as i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoanneStephen, Jan 21, 2021.

1. “This app can’t run on your PC”

I get a “This app can’t run on your PC” with almost all my software programs. I can open Microsoft Bing though. I have uninstalled my office as i initially thought it was a problem with only Excel and Word but now I can’t download Office with a valid key - i just get “This app can’t run on your PC”

:)

JoanneStephen, Jan 21, 2021

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jan 21, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 21, 2021
  4. “This app can’t run on your PC”

Windows 10 Photos app doesn't run.

Hi,

Incompatible software installed in your PC can conflict with Windows apps and cause performance issues. We can suggest several troubleshooting steps to isolate and resolve the issue. As an initial recommendation, you can run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    . This will identify the cause of the issue and provide you further suggestions for troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, you can uninstall the Photos app and reinstall it by doing the steps below:

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box at the taksbar.
    • In the search results, right click on Windows PowerShell and
      Run as administrator.
    • On the Powershell prompt, type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage.
    • Press Enter.
    • Once uninstalled, you can reinstall the app from this
      link

Let us know if the suggestions above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

“This app can’t run on your PC”

1. “This app can’t run on your PC” - Similar Threads - “This app can’t

2. This app can't run on your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't run on your PC: My PC keeps giving me a message that says, "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for this PC check with software developer." I disregarded it the first time and just closed it but it keeps coming back. I've looked for solutions everywhere and none of them work. I...
  3. This app can't run on your PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app can't run on your PC.: Hi,My OS: Windows 10 Home, 64bit, 21H2, 19044.1620Today, this error message windows keeps popping up I have to keep closing it, but it keeps popping up every 5 seconds. I did not do anything, and I am not sure why this happens. I am not even trying to open any apps or to run...
  4. This app can’t run on your PC error message windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This app can’t run on your PC error message windows 10: I am trying to download a program using the .exe file but whenever I try opening it I get the message, "This app can’t run on your PC check with software publisher" this is happening for many .exe files that I try opening and it's extremely frustrating. I've tried making a...
  5. How to Fix “This App Can’t Run on your PC” in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Fix “This App Can’t Run on your PC” in Windows 10: [ATTACH] please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-in-windows/b96bed3d-ae43-4c16-bf49-1e5ef398c419"
  6. "This app can’t run on your PC" when trying to start explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This app can’t run on your PC" when trying to start explorer.exe: Hello I am having an extremely annoying problem where every time explorer.exe fails, I am completely unable to run it again from the task manager and I'm forced to restart my computer. I have tried running task manager as an administrator and starting the process from...
  7. This app cant run on your pc

This app cant run on your pc: hello. can you help me i am opening all my software and its saying "This app can't run on your pc "and they all worked before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc/2e356f6b-7363-4fcf-b9da-8d0c4a5446bb
  8. This App can't run on your pc

This App can't run on your pc: Our ERP system is a shortcut on my desktop to an .exe on a server, I can open and run that fine. However I have a file type that I set the default app and select the same path of ther server\exe and I receive the error message. Any suggestion would be great....
  9. This App can't run on your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This App can't run on your PC: Hello all, I did a search for my title and found quite a few of these but most were a couple years old or older. I just started recieving this issue right after the big update back at the end of 2017. At first it was very rare that I would get it. Now, after two complete...
  10. This App will not Run on Your PC

in Windows 10 Support
    This App will not Run on Your PC: After trying to install am admittedly sketchy program, all of my applications won't open normally and read "This app can't run on your pc". Only a select number of stock windows apps run normally. I can get most applications to open by selecting "run as administrator", but...