Windows 10: This app has been blocked by your system administrator

Discus and support This app has been blocked by your system administrator in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Users might get This app has been blocked by your system administrator error message when starting a pre-installed app on Windows 10. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 18, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

This app has been blocked by your system administrator

WinClub, Feb 18, 2020

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Microsoft 10 administrator blocking an app

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account?

Follow the methods for troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to disable the Antivirus and check.

Refer to the link.

Disclaimer:

Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it
    to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Reference:

"This app has been blocked by your system administrator" error when you to start Windows Store apps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2750770

Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 18, 2020
  4. This app has been blocked by your system administrator

MRT blocked by system administrator?

Hello MeesterJake

please follow these methods

Method 1

check the setting of Applocker in GPO.

The path of the Applocker is Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Application Control Policies.

Method 2

-Activate hidden administrator account

If you have an administrator account you can just switch to it and install the application, but if you don’t have the administrator account you can activate the hidden administrator account and use it install the application.

To active hidden administrator account do the following:

Start Command Prompt as administrator. You can do so by following Step 1 from the previous solution.

When Command Prompt starts, type the following and press Enter to run it:

net user administrator /active:yes

An administrator has blocked you from running this app Windows 10

Sign out of your current account.

You should see new Administrator account available. Log in to it.

Locate the application you want to install and run it.

You should be able to install it without any problems.

After you’re done, switch back to your regular account.

If you want to disable administrator account, run Command Prompt like in Step 1, and type the following:

net user administrator /active:no

If the issue persist

Method 3

sometimes your antivirus software can enforce certain policies that can prevent you from installing or running certain applications. To fix that, you need to check your antivirus settings and see if the antivirus is blocking the application.

If you can’t find these options, you might want to try disabling your antivirus

Method 4

-Disable Windows SmartScreen

Sign in to the administrator account. If you don’t have administrator account enable one like we explained in the previous solution.

Open the Settings app.

Navigate to Update & security section.

Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk

Select Windows Defender from the menu on the left. In the right pane, click Open Windows Defender Security Center button.

Now click on App & browser control.

Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk

Set all options to Off. To turn off SmartScreen feature, you need to set Check apps and files, SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge, and SmartScreen for Windows Store apps to Off.

Method 5

-Make changes to the group policy

If you’re getting Your Administrator Has Blocked This Program error message, the problem might be caused by your Group Policy settings. However, you can easily fix that by making a few changes. To do that, just follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + R and enter gpedit.msc. Press Enter or click OK. This will start Group Policy Editor on your PC. Keep in mind that this feature isn’t available on Home versions of Windows, but you can enable Group Policy Editor in Home version of Windows
    10 with a few tricks.

Your system administrator has blocked this program GPO

When Group Policy Editor opens, navigate to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options in the left pane. In the right pane, double click on User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval
    Mode.

Your system administrator has blocked this program Avast

When the Properties window opens, select Disabled and click on Apply and OK to save changes.

If you can’t access Group Policy Editor, you can also make these changes from Registry Editor by doing the following:

Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK to start Registry Editor.

When Registry Editor opens, in the left pane navigate to ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem key. In the right pane, double click on EnableLUA DWORD.

Your system administrator has blocked this program Regedit

Change the Value data to 0 and click OK to save changes.

Your system administrator has blocked this program AVG

After doing that, restart your PC

I hope it helps you

Pedro V Flores, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

This app has been blocked by your system administrator

1. This app has been blocked by your system administrator - Similar Threads - app has been

2. This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator: Hello,I see this is already asked before, but I am super stuck on this.I have a PC where windows menu does not work, if I try to press Windows and "I" the message "This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator" appears.All the taskbar is stuck, I am not able to run...
  3. This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator: Hello,I see this is already asked before, but I am super stuck on this.I have a PC where windows menu does not work, if I try to press Windows and "I" the message "This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator" appears.All the taskbar is stuck, I am not able to run...
  4. This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. This app has been blocked by your system administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app has been blocked by your system administrator: so i updated windows to 10 pro and this started appearing. i thought switching to standard user and back to admin would help, but it got worse. now netplwiz, change user account settings, unblock app, ect. give the same error when i try to open them. and there isnt a "family...
  6. This app has been blocked by your system administrator

This app has been blocked by your system administrator: so i updated windows to 10 pro and this started appearing. i thought switching to standard user and back to admin would help, but it got worse. now netplwiz, change user account settings, unblock app, ect. give the same error when i try to open them. and there isnt a "family...
  7. This app has been blocked by your system administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. This app has been blocked by your system administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app has been blocked by your system administrator: Hi,Just installed Win10 x64 21H2 latest build.Can't run any of the new modern apps inside Apps folder because of this error: "This app has been blocked by your system administrator"Which possible registry tweaks can cause this? I've run some :...
  9. This app has been blocked by your system administrator

This app has been blocked by your system administrator: Hi,Just installed Win10 x64 21H2 latest build.Can't run any of the new modern apps inside Apps folder because of this error: "This app has been blocked by your system administrator"Which possible registry tweaks can cause this? I've run some :...
  10. "This app has been blocked by your administrator"

"This app has been blocked by your administrator": Trying to launch microsoft your phone app and get "This app has been blocked by your administrator" Windows 10 pro I have already tried the Appblocker, gpe, and registery suggestions to no avail. 183156

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot