Windows 10: This app has been blocked for your protection - Windows apps?

Discus and support This app has been blocked for your protection - Windows apps? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, All of a sudden I'm getting this error whenever I try and start any of Window 10s admin apps using the mmc.exe eg device manager? I am the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jesse_194, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Jesse_194 Win User

This app has been blocked for your protection - Windows apps?

Hello,

All of a sudden I'm getting this error whenever I try and start any of Window 10s admin apps using the mmc.exe eg device manager? I am the only user on the PC admin account. All other apps requiring admin authorization are still working fine.

Thanks

This app has been blocked for your protection - Windows apps? [​IMG]

:)

Jesse_194, Apr 8, 2020

2. Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection'

Hi all.

I upgraded from 7 to 10 over the weekend. Few minor issues with graphics drivers, but everything was working smoothly.

When I went to open my VPN (Torguard), I received a UAC error message, stating that the app had been blocked for my protection, citing an untrustworthy publisher.

It was working fine with Windows 7, and is a reasonably well-used app.

I googled around, and activated the administrator account and re-installed on that account. Unfortunately, the same error occurred. Most other searches have suggested the same.
    I have disabled Windows SmartScreen, and there isn't a 'Run Anyway' option.

Please advise!
    Thanks

This app has been blocked for your protection - Windows apps? [​IMG]

GirvoGiovanni, Apr 8, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Apr 8, 2020
  4. This app has been blocked for your protection - Windows apps?

blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

This app has been blocked for your protection - Windows apps?

1. This app has been blocked for your protection - Windows apps? - Similar Threads - app has been

2. The app has been blocked for your protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The app has been blocked for your protection: Hello,I recently bought a new 2TB hard drive for extra space.Plugged it in no problems as it is recommended to do. Next is said to go to disk management, but when I do that the following appears :Okay so I go online and multiple fixes are proposed.I try to deactivate the...
  3. This APP has been blocked for your protection

This APP has been blocked for your protection: Hello, This game I am playing has just had an update. I was trying to install it but it doesn't let me fully access the client loader. When Its finishing the update install the following error appears *Use Account Control This app has been blocked for your protection....
  4. This app has been blocked for your protection

This app has been blocked for your protection: I'm getting this error. I'm trying to run device manager because after a restart one of my dual screen monitors isn't being detected - a problem that recurs regularly. I wouldn't mind solving both of these problems [ATTACH]...
  5. 'this app has been blocked for your protection'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'this app has been blocked for your protection': the following box pops up when I go to use a program that has been on computer since February this year and used then as well. has not been used nearly 2 months, then go to use and this happens. I have norton on comp from before non-loading program was on comp box ......
  6. This app has been blocked for your protection

This app has been blocked for your protection: When ever I try to open Windows device manager I see this message : "An administrator has blocked you from running this app, for more info contact the administrator" MMC.exe But I am the administrator ! If not how to know it. I have disabled my antivirus still the same...
  7. THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION: THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection/2c72b92a-e3f3-41cb-b7c4-00537d4f75a0"
  8. This app has been blocked for your protection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This app has been blocked for your protection.: Windows won't let me download my printer driver on my new laptop. It asks for Administrator permission, except I am the administrator [ATTACH]...
  9. This app has been blocked for your protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app has been blocked for your protection: The latest update of Win 10 has obviously tightened up security . . . to the point where it won't allow me run SqlBackUpandFTP any more. I logged in as the (hidden) Administrator and got it working there OK, but when I Logged in as myself again, it still wouldn't work...
  10. "This App has been blocked for your protection"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "This App has been blocked for your protection": I'm trying to install additional driver for my printer/scanner from the CD but I keep getting the message above when I try autorun or setup from the disc with the following additional comment: "An administrator has blocked you from running this app, For more information,...