Windows 10: This app (in chinese characters) is preventing you from shutting

Discus and support This app (in chinese characters) is preventing you from shutting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, just switched from Win 7 to 10. I had initially added a Chinese keyboard setting for writing or reading Chinese (taking Chinese classes) and also a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pintree3, Aug 17, 2015.

1. pintree3 Win User

This app (in chinese characters) is preventing you from shutting

Hi, just switched from Win 7 to 10. I had initially added a Chinese keyboard setting for writing or reading Chinese (taking Chinese classes) and also a Chinese software. The software was uninstalled just prior to the update and the 2 keyboard things were removed after. Anyhow, that's it, I did nothing 'Chinese after that, and yet, when rebooting I got the above message, "this app (in Chinese characters) is preventing you from shutting''. How can this be? Where does it come from? Since my keyboard no longer has Chinese, actually doing a search for such a file will be impossible--besides the fact that I can't really read Chinese anyways. So how do I find such an app and get rid of it?

(BTW, unlike Win 7 now on boot I get HP Solution center loading as well and don't know what to disable since doing so may actually disable the printer.)

:)

pintree3, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Ian The Commodore Matthews, Aug 17, 2015
  3. windows 10 shutdown says an app is preventing shutdown. It has a title made up of Chinese characters. It shuts down normally but I do not have a Chinese app installed. Any help appreciated.

An IBM product that is causing this issue with Chinese characters. You can see screen shot (and text version!) of the error in the short article below to confirm this is the same problem:

SOLVED: A Program with Chinese Characters APP IS PREVENTING YOU FROM SIGNING OUT - Up & Running Technologies, Tech How To's

Ian The Commodore Matthews, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

This app (in chinese characters) is preventing you from shutting

1. This app (in chinese characters) is preventing you from shutting - Similar Threads - app chinese characters

2. Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character: I have recently upgraded my win10 from 1909 to 22H2, and installed apps like PowerToys and Apple Music, in which some button icons are displayed as a Chinese character. I assume this is a system issue and has to do with missing fonts or certain icons?Thanks....
  3. Chinese characters on calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese characters on calendar: My calendar settings show 'Do not show additional calendars' but I still have Chinese characters on my icloud calendar. I've tried shutting down and restarting but they are still there. I can't see my entries because they are in Chinese. ....
  4. Chinese Characters not Appearing

Chinese Characters not Appearing: Hello when I typed the Pinyin the Chinese characters didn't appear so I can't type please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-characters-not-appearing/5b347d07-d779-4e8a-97c4-db045805f13a
  5. This app is preventing you from shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This app is preventing you from shut down: While I am restarting or shutting down my pc, this window comes up and stays for some second. The app name/icon which is preventing me from shutting down is not clear. What's the matter? Is it a virus? [ATTACH]...
  6. This app is preventing you from restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    This app is preventing you from restarting: I have Windows 10 Pro preinstalled on a Dell Desktop. When I try to restart I get a warning: This app is preventing you from restarting" This is of little use. There is no identification of what the app is. Use of task manager does not show a currently running app....
  7. Chinese character

Chinese character: Hi, i can using Chinese character anywhere (i.e. browser, excel, words), but can't rename file/folder in Chinese. When i type, only English characters are appeared. [ATTACH][ATTACH] i am using windows 10 professional. pls advise.. Thanks...
  8. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...
  9. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chinese character: to Support group, don't know what happen, when I upgrade the window 10, the Chinese typing is not working .Please tell me what to do. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-character/4a47290e-887d-4045-ae53-a04571eedac0
  10. chinese characters from the banking app are not displayed nicely...

chinese characters from the banking app are not displayed nicely...: chinese characters from the banking app are not displayed nicely... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/chinese-characters-from-the-banking-app-are-not/99d91dd6-85a9-4f1c-886e-ac17996ecab5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. app with chinese characters preventing my computer