Windows 10: This app (in chinese characters) is preventing you from shutting

Discus and support This app (in chinese characters) is preventing you from shutting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, just switched from Win 7 to 10. I had initially added a Chinese keyboard setting for writing or reading Chinese (taking Chinese classes) and also a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pintree3, Aug 17, 2015.

1. pintree3 Win User

This app (in chinese characters) is preventing you from shutting

Hi, just switched from Win 7 to 10. I had initially added a Chinese keyboard setting for writing or reading Chinese (taking Chinese classes) and also a Chinese software. The software was uninstalled just prior to the update and the 2 keyboard things were removed after. Anyhow, that's it, I did nothing 'Chinese after that, and yet, when rebooting I got the above message, "this app (in Chinese characters) is preventing you from shutting''. How can this be? Where does it come from? Since my keyboard no longer has Chinese, actually doing a search for such a file will be impossible--besides the fact that I can't really read Chinese anyways. So how do I find such an app and get rid of it?

(BTW, unlike Win 7 now on boot I get HP Solution center loading as well and don't know what to disable since doing so may actually disable the printer.)

:)

pintree3, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Ian The Commodore Matthews, Aug 17, 2015
  3. windows 10 shutdown says an app is preventing shutdown. It has a title made up of Chinese characters. It shuts down normally but I do not have a Chinese app installed. Any help appreciated.

An IBM product that is causing this issue with Chinese characters. You can see screen shot (and text version!) of the error in the short article below to confirm this is the same problem:

SOLVED: A Program with Chinese Characters APP IS PREVENTING YOU FROM SIGNING OUT - Up & Running Technologies, Tech How To's

Ian The Commodore Matthews, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

This app (in chinese characters) is preventing you from shutting

1. This app (in chinese characters) is preventing you from shutting - Similar Threads - app chinese characters

2. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...
  3. Chinese alphabet characters on taskbar popup calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese alphabet characters on taskbar popup calendar: Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these Chinese fonts on the taskbar calendar, please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-alphabet-characters-on-taskbar-popup/565a004a-c9aa-4f47-bb80-c1ef92877f24
  4. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chinese character: to Support group, don't know what happen, when I upgrade the window 10, the Chinese typing is not working .Please tell me what to do. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-character/4a47290e-887d-4045-ae53-a04571eedac0
  5. chinese characters recent files, VLC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chinese characters recent files, VLC: Hi this afternoon I noticed in my recent flies folders, empty fies with chinese characters like 㩃啜敳獲䭜汥楶屮潄畣敭瑮屳慭捴癨摩潥屳㠱ㄭⴰ〲㠱卜乕ぐ㄰⸰噁I먀氫㐴圀谀ɋɋ . They are sized 0 bytes. Now I did google about it, and it seemed related to VLC video player which I did use yesterday night. What I...
  6. chinese characters from the banking app are not displayed nicely...

chinese characters from the banking app are not displayed nicely...: chinese characters from the banking app are not displayed nicely... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/chinese-characters-from-the-banking-app-are-not/99d91dd6-85a9-4f1c-886e-ac17996ecab5
  7. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...
  8. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...
  9. New Onda tablet from China.. unable to stop chinese characters

in Windows 10 Support
    New Onda tablet from China.. unable to stop chinese characters: Recently received a new tablet purchased in China. During set up, I installed English language and uninstalled Chinese language. Generally, all is OK but on lock screen, date / time still comes up in Chinese and during log in (picture password) the "start again" etc is in...
  10. Weird chinese characters appearing in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird chinese characters appearing in windows: I've googled it and it seems like some others have had similar issues, but i'd like to ask if anyone knows what this is all about. [img] If i copy paste the line seen on screenshot, then this is what i get: Code:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. app with chinese characters preventing my computer