Windows 10: "This app is no longer available" message every bootup

Discus and support "This app is no longer available" message every bootup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I had a windows 10 auto update the other day and since then the following message popsup in message centre everytime I bootup; This app is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ouroboros72, Aug 18, 2016.

1. "This app is no longer available" message every bootup

Hi,

I had a windows 10 auto update the other day and since then the following message popsup in message centre everytime I bootup;

This app is no longer available

Intel ® widi is no longer available because it doesn't work on this version of windows

My laptop came with windows 10 clean install and my wifi still works, but having the message keep coming up is getting a bit tedious.

Would be grateful if anyone can offer me any (idiot proof) advice to sort this,

Thanks

:)

ouroboros72, Aug 18, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Aug 18, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Aug 18, 2016
  4. Dropbox Win User

"This app is no longer available" message every bootup

Hello,

Can you find the program in the Program and Application list and delete it from there or disable the autostarter in task manager?

Dropbox, Aug 18, 2016
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Intel ® widi is a Wireless Display driver previously supplied by Intel, It is now discontinued by Intel so there's no way to make it work any more, It is completely different from the normal WiFi system

Right click on the takbar, select Task manager, (if needed select show more), select the start-up tab and look for an entry that relates to Intel ® widi , (look for WiDI or intel ), and set it to disabled.

If you cannot find it or it still happens after re-boot let us know and we can look at more options

Barman58, Aug 18, 2016
  6. Thanks for the replies guys,

This answers a question for me Barman, because when I clicked on the message in action centre it takes me to a webpage that says;

Your app doesn't work with Windows 10

The app you're trying to use was blocked from opening because it might damage your PC or result in loss of data. This is because some apps that worked with a previous version of Windows might not work in the same way with Windows 10.

Go to the support website for the app developer, and check if a new or updated version of this app is available for Windows 10.

So I wasn't sure whether I need to try and reinstall the app, or disable something to get rid of the message. Obviously as per your advice I now know it's the latter, which is handy.

I followed the steps but I can't see anything in start-up tab that fits the description?, (as per screenshot);

fig1

"This app is no longer available" message every bootup [​IMG]

ouroboros72, Aug 18, 2016
  7. If I right click on the message in action centre I get an option to;

turn off notifications for this group

I wonder if this would sort the issue? (although I'm concerned the word 'group' means I might not get some other potentially important notifications, not sure)

ouroboros72, Aug 19, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

See if you can find it in your Config System Screen.
    Hit your Windows Key and your "R" key When your run command opens up, type "msconfig" Without the Quotes.
    That will bring you too this screen.

Once here, hit your Services Tab and scroll thru everything and look for anything by Intel, and look at its description. You might be able to find it here, and turn it off. Save your changes and reboot. And see if that helps you.

Click Hide All Microsoft Services 1st, before looking for the Intel services loaded.

OldMike65, Aug 20, 2016
  9. Yes, that solved it.

"Intel ® Widi software asset manager", was listed, and disabling it sorted the issue.

Perfect instructions for me, I really appreciate your help again Mike.

Cheers.

ouroboros72, Aug 20, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    That is GREAT News !!! Glad it helped solve your issue *Thumbs

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "This app is no longer available" message every bootup - Similar Threads - app longer available

2. Error 0xc000000f every bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc000000f every bootup: I attempted to update to Windows 22H2 through the ISO file because the update was not available in my settings. Doing this has caused Error 0xc000000f to occur every time I boot my PC. Additionally, my keyboard does not working which disables bios access. To fix this, I am...
  3. Fitbit app no longer available to download?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fitbit app no longer available to download?: My phone is broken so temporarily I have to use my PC for everything, however I can't seem to download the fitbit app. The button doesn't appear at all, yet I was able to download the other apps I use with no problem. I have all the system requirements for the app to run....
  4. Fitbit app no longer available to download?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fitbit app no longer available to download?: My phone is broken so temporarily I have to use my PC for everything, however I can't seem to download the fitbit app. The button doesn't appear at all, yet I was able to download the other apps I use with no problem. I have all the system requirements for the app to run....
  5. Fitbit app no longer available to download?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. IRMT warnings every bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    IRMT warnings every bootup: Good morning, I just replaced my Desktop HP Pavillion All-in-One with another HP All-in-One. However, the new one (HP 24-F0137c) comes with an Intel Core L: [email protected] GHz CPU. Since setting it up about a week ago I notice on every boot up 13 IRMT Warnings (Event...
  7. Windows Update App no longer available?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update App no longer available?: I no longer have a Windows update app to check for updates as I typically do. When I type in 'Windows Update' in the Search the web and Windows, the App always popped up for me to select it to check updates. It is no longer there? Using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, desktop, fresh...
  8. This app is no longer available messages won't stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app is no longer available messages won't stop: Since I installed the Anniversary Edition, I've been getting those annoying "This app is no longer available" messages for 8GadgetPack and ClassicShell. I have installed the latest editions of both of these and the ****** messages just keep on being displayed every time I...
  9. Problem with igfxCUIService1.0.0.0 on every bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with igfxCUIService1.0.0.0 on every bootup: ** On every bootup of my Win 10 64-bit, I get the following "Information" event in Event Viewer, usually twice or more. By the way, I don't have any graphics card - so this relates to the Intel drivers/services for the graphics on my motherboard. Also, there is a running...
  10. Error message "<SessionEnv> unavailable" at every bootup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error message "<SessionEnv> unavailable" at every bootup: ** At every bootup of Win 10 64-bit, I have the Event Viewer "Information" message: "The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a critical notification event." This has Event ID 6003. The "Details" are the following: - System -...