Windows 10: This app must be installed on your system storage device

Discus and support This app must be installed on your system storage device in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So the microsoft store is telling me this error yet in the storage settings "New apps will save to : Local diskC;" which is my system storage device so... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MarkSanders6, May 16, 2020.

1. This app must be installed on your system storage device

So the microsoft store is telling me this error yet in the storage settings "New apps will save to : Local diskC;" which is my system storage device so what on earth can I do here I changed it to my D drive and got the same error, I changed it back to my C drive and restarted my PC and GOT THE SAME ERROR what on earth can I do here.

:)

MarkSanders6, May 16, 2020

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 16, 2020
  3. System Specs minor revisions and suggestions

Change: Hard Disk(s) to Storage Device(s)
    Change: LCD/CRT Model: to Display Device(s):
    add an Audio Device(s) = for headsets and speaker set ups.

and as others have suggested before: The option to list more than one system spec

lyndonguitar, May 16, 2020
  4. This app must be installed on your system storage device

Moving Apps To Another Storage Device

So Windows 10 has a feature to move apps from one drive to another. I have set my storage setting for everything to be stored on a HDD since my primary OS drive is SDD. Even though I've followed the proper steps, none of my installed apps are being stored on the HDD. I cant even move them. Some apps dont have the option in the setting or some of them have the 'Move' button grayed out.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

SpaceCowboy, May 16, 2020
Thema:

This app must be installed on your system storage device

1. This app must be installed on your system storage device - Similar Threads - app must installed

2. Minecraft Java installation error: This app can't open on your pc The storage device might...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java installation error: This app can't open on your pc The storage device might...: My friend, who we'll call bars, has been trying to use the minecraft installer but every time he opens he gets the message " This app can't open on your pc The storage device might be missing or disconnected". He's updated his computer, tried troubleshooting the installer,...
  3. Minecraft Java installation error: This app can't open on your pc The storage device might...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Java installation error: This app can't open on your pc The storage device might...: My friend, who we'll call bars, has been trying to use the minecraft installer but every time he opens he gets the message " This app can't open on your pc The storage device might be missing or disconnected". He's updated his computer, tried troubleshooting the installer,...
  4. "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...: On my up-to-date Win 10 machine #1, I tried to set up a Local Account in addition to my MS account. I went thru the Command Prompt procedure #4 posted on the MakeUseOf website https://www.makeuseof.com/ways-to-create-local-user-account-windows. Something happened during that...
  5. "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...

"Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...: On my up-to-date Win 10 machine #1, I tried to set up a Local Account in addition to my MS account. I went thru the Command Prompt procedure #4 posted on the MakeUseOf website https://www.makeuseof.com/ways-to-create-local-user-account-windows. Something happened during that...
  6. Your Phone must be the worst app in creation

Your Phone must be the worst app in creation: I tried it out about a week ago. It worked for 1 day and then just stopped working. I have tried all of the supposed cures, all to no avail. So I just fell back to My Phone Explorer. 174472
  7. Find storage device file system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find storage device file system: Hello. I have a micro SD card that came from a network cctv camera. The cameras file system is not known to file explorer and prompts me to format the device. However; I would like to find out what the file system is and if I can find a way to recover the footage off it....
  8. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: This is on my work laptop which authenticates through the company domain. Windows Hello fingerprint authentication was working fine. i then changed my password on the domain (not through windows) and ever since the Windows Hello authentication gives me the message Your...
  9. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: I recently started using a USB fingerprint scanner on a Windows10 workgroup computer with local accounts. I configured the fingerprint and it worked, at some point I renamed the account using wmic (wmic useraccount where name='currentname' rename newname), I also changed the...
  10. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: I can not log in, I get the message "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello." Microsoft, please, repair your authentication protocol. It is unacceptable and...