Windows 10: This application is a joke, right? Movies and TV app not able to function anymore

Discus and support This application is a joke, right? Movies and TV app not able to function anymore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Surely microsoft can create an application that can download, view, and manage videos on local storage, right? Apparently not. I have been having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oneupthextraman, Jul 31, 2020.

1. This application is a joke, right? Movies and TV app not able to function anymore

Surely microsoft can create an application that can download, view, and manage videos on local storage, right? Apparently not. I have been having issues with this application since 1803, and every upgrade, I hope that they fix the issue. Every update of the app they put in more effort than changing the icon. But, apparently not.

This application is not able to handle a library of moderate size. I have a bunch of videos I downloaded off of youtube stored that this app has access. But apparently that is too many videos for it to handle. It creats to many threads, and freezes and crashes. The same if I download too many videos I have bought through their service. Too many files cause the zune software that is running underneath this software to crash. I have tried resetting, clearing, uninstalling and reinstalling this app so many times, it would almost be funny. I have cleared every cache I have found on the internet, reset the app. And remove it. If you have too many files downloaded which is easy when they sell futurama and fringe and TNG and DS9, and batman the animated series all in 1 chunk with over 100 episodes each the application chokes, and crashes.

I have previously contacted Microsoft support for another issue with this application, and after three months of phone calls, log gathering, testing and poking, the end official response was 'the surface go is too low end, upgrade your device, or put it back in S mode', which was not an ok response. So it pretty much came down to 'why are you giving us money?'

Am I expecting anybody from Microsoft to read this of spurr any fix for this app? No. Why would they? They already have my money. Do I expect any support people to come back with the golden cure? No. I expect people to say 'clear the cache, reset the app, remove it with this powershell' and such. I have tried that already, and it did nothing.

Don't use this app. It is a joke, and Microsoft does not care. iTunes might be slow, but I bet Apple support it with more than 'look at the new icon!'.

Edit: Oh, and yes, I did many several posts in the feed back app about this several months ago.

:)

oneupthextraman, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 31, 2020
  4. jbb_user Win User

This application is a joke, right? Movies and TV app not able to function anymore

Movies and TV app

My configuration:

a windows10 pc running movies and tv app

The app was able to cast to my smart TV up until today

Smart TV is a Sharp 55" with Roku

I start a movie

the movie starts in the Movies and TV app window on my PC

I select to cast the movie to my TV (above)

The app shows my TV and says it is trying to connect

The little blue dots start to move from left to right

(this does not stop and nothing appears on my TV)

alternately and formerly

(the window on my pc displays "unknown error occurred")

Previously when I tried to cast my TV would display a message saying it was being cast to and asked for permission to accept.

When I accepted I was able to watch the movie on my TV.

This is not happening now.

I've reset the application and run several of the troubleshooting suggestions on the web.

help?

jbb_user, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

This application is a joke, right? Movies and TV app not able to function anymore

1. This application is a joke, right? Movies and TV app not able to function anymore - Similar Threads - application joke right

2. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  3. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  4. movies and tv app

movies and tv app: I am playing a few videos through the Movies and TV app on a virtual conference. I want to change a setting to prevent the videos from autoplaying when I click on them. I found the autoplay option within the video screen, but it doesn't seem to effect again. Again, I would...
  5. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  6. movie & tv app

movie & tv app: I keep trying to download the movies I buy off google play and the app but I cant downloD IT TO MY PC WHATS THE DEAL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-tv-app/c7ddd054-1985-4abd-bad8-618927d95c36
  7. Movies and TV app

Movies and TV app: My configuration: a windows10 pc running movies and tv app The app was able to cast to my smart TV up until today Smart TV is a Sharp 55" with Roku I start a movie the movie starts in the Movies and TV app window on my PC I select to cast the movie to my TV (above)...
  8. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV app: Where do I find next on your Movies and tv player it's frustration that I can't play all my videos at once and skip when I want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app/57ca99c5-1290-40cb-8017-7a154d17a8cd
  9. Movies&TV app

Movies&TV app: I use Movies&TV app on Windows 10 and the screen turned green on this app yesterday. I cannot see anything else on the screen, just green color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moviestv-app/8a77e0e0-b875-4076-a3aa-218fb29911e1
  10. application of movies and TV

application of movies and TV: problems with the application of movies and TV that someone tell me how to reestablish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-of-movies-and-tv/dc86d116-578d-435c-a56f-eb9b1a7e1e7e