Windows 10: "This application is not responding" gives you a fraction of a second to click a button

Discus and support "This application is not responding" gives you a fraction of a second to click a button in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The "This application is not responding" prompt gives you like 0.00003 seconds to react. It shows and *poof* application closed, is there any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GoldenretriverYT, Dec 10, 2020.

1. "This application is not responding" gives you a fraction of a second to click a button

The "This application is not responding" prompt gives you like 0.00003 seconds to react. It shows and *poof* application closed, is there any way to disable this prompt and use the normal one instead?

I don't understand why Windows sometimes uses the normal one but sometimes this **** one?

:)

GoldenretriverYT, Dec 10, 2020

2. PC freezing for a fraction of a second randomly

Hello
    My Son had an issue with his previous PC, where it froze for a fraction of a second randomly. Believed it could be hardware issue, but it’s still happening with his new PC, with 100% new hardware. I can only assume it’s a software issue. He has done a clean boot, but didn’t help. I Jane suggested to do a clean install of W10PRO and install one game only, maybe Counter strike and evaluate if it happens again.

meanwhile is there anything obvious I could look for that could cause this ?

many thanks

reddwarf4ever, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Win 10 screen locks as I sign in fraction of second after recent win quality update

I just updated my win 10 with a quality update on Framenet 2.0 and installed a new application file on my surface 3 (cold turkey) soon after this my surface started to autolock & everytime I signin I see the same screen for a fraction of second only. i tried
    number of possible actions like restarting, restarting in safe mode, uninstalling the latest quality update, rauto-repairing the pc but unfortunately nothing worked at all. I am now feeling stuck & troubled as I have to give an online exam tomorrow and my
    laptop is not responding. Please help me !!!

As soon as I enter by putting my password on login screen & try to type msconfig in a fraction of second only the screen gets locked and i repeat it but to no avail. Looking forward to urgent help.

Edit 1: Windows Lock Screen After Login

Using the above link i tried to take all actions however i was not able to run my windows in safe mode basically its not opening up in safe mode in first place only after which i can create a new account as suggested in the above link. Please help its urgent!!!!!

Adityasharma222, Dec 10, 2020
  4. "This application is not responding" gives you a fraction of a second to click a button

Microsoft Windows - The application is not responding

Hi Tone,

As you are facing issues with system crashes error: Microsoft Windows - The application is not responding, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this?
    • What is the make and model of the system?
    • Were you able to see any error code along with the error message of this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to infected virus/ third-party applications/ corrupted/ missing system files etc.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: I suggest you to perform a full system virus scan and check if it helps.

Refer: Microsoft Safety Scanner - Free Virus Scan with the Microsoft Safety ...

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of system crashes with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

"This application is not responding" gives you a fraction of a second to click a button

1. "This application is not responding" gives you a fraction of a second to click a button - Similar Threads - application responding fraction

2. Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks: Hello,That button just freeze every day when I click on it to change sound output device. Restarting explorer helps, but it keeps happening for some reason. It especially happens after I restart my computer, at a random time after that. It's a minor annoyance but it's still...
  3. Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks: Hello,That button just freeze every day when I click on it to change sound output device. Restarting explorer helps, but it keeps happening for some reason. It especially happens after I restart my computer, at a random time after that. It's a minor annoyance but it's still...
  4. Why a movie application from Microsoft Store requires to subtract fractional seconds from...

Why a movie application from Microsoft Store requires to subtract fractional seconds from...: -yo-After contacting almost any support channel and the app's chat widget, it doesn't become any clear on who's side belongs to take on it.How to request that an application e.g. Netflix be modified in its autoconfiguration to subtract 0.03 msecs from its playback?I...
  5. The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.: Ever since I installed window 10 and upgraded windows, my PC is working very slow and software is also not responding. No program is opening. Tell me its solution....
  6. The application stops responding to button clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application stops responding to button clicks: Hello. I ran into such a problem, for some reason, when I log into the game, and to be precise in microsoft flyght sim, my game stops responding to mouse clicks, this problem is only with my PC, because my friend is OK, and everything is OK on my second computer too. Tell me...
  7. The application stops responding to button clicks

The application stops responding to button clicks: Hello. I ran into such a problem, for some reason, when I log into the game, and to be precise in microsoft flyght sim, my game stops responding to mouse clicks, this problem is only with my PC, because my friend is OK, and everything is OK on my second computer too. Tell me...
  8. Windows Right click context menu disappears in fraction of seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Right click context menu disappears in fraction of seconds: Hello, I am facing problem with windrows right click context menu in windows 10 OS in my surface pro 3 laptop . After a restart the right click work normal for few minutes , But later the context menu start disappearing in fraction of seconds . I tried clean boot up and...
  9. PC freezing for a fraction of a second randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC freezing for a fraction of a second randomly: Hello My Son had an issue with his previous PC, where it froze for a fraction of a second randomly. Believed it could be hardware issue, but it’s still happening with his new PC, with 100% new hardware. I can only assume it’s a software issue. He has done a clean boot, but...
  10. my settings are oppening for litterally a fraction of a second

in Windows 10 Customization
    my settings are oppening for litterally a fraction of a second: my settings are oppening for litterally a fraction of a second if possible may i get a trouble shooter or any idea to help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings/76aee70a-692f-448f-9cb0-781db28f9af6