Windows 10: This clever trick gets AMD FreeSync running on an Nvidia GeForce graph

Discus and support This clever trick gets AMD FreeSync running on an Nvidia GeForce graph in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Nvidia may be preparing for the launch of new GeForce RTX 2070, RTX 2080, and RTX 2080 Ti graphics cards, but the existing GTX 10-series GPUs are still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Borg 386, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Borg 386 Win User

This clever trick gets AMD FreeSync running on an Nvidia GeForce graph

This clever trick gets AMD FreeSync running on an Nvidia GeForce graphics card | PCWorld

:)

Borg 386, Aug 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 - Nvidia GeForce - Update needed but Program doesn't open (Nvidia GeForce Experience)

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• What is the error code or error message?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia GeForce graphic card
    driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    AMD Radeon FreeSync 2 is now here

Source: Radeon FreeSync™ 2 Technology Brings High Dynamic Range Gaming to Advanced PC Displays

Brink, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE — 0x800f0102

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with installing
    NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Windows Update settings.

2. Corrupt Windows Update components.

To understand the issue better let me know, from where you are installing NVIDIA driver update? Is it through Windows Update or through manufacturer website?

If you are installing NVIDIA driver update through Windows Update follow these steps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run “Windows Update troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue.

a. Press Windows key from the keyboard.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Then select “Windows Update” option from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps under the section
    Manually reset Windows Update components and check if it helps.
    Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-us

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. Please avoid running Fixit’s and Step 11 in this article, as it does not applies to Windows 10.

3. This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the
    Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest driver for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE from manufacturer website. I see that there are no Windows 10 drivers available for you graphics card model. You may install latest graphics driver in
    compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Drivers | GeForce

To install graphics driver in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Right-click on the setup file of the
    graphics driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. This clever trick gets AMD FreeSync running on an Nvidia GeForce graph - Similar Threads - clever trick gets

2. NVIDIA Geforce 920m

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA Geforce 920m: Hi, I would like to change my PC's default graphics processor to Nvidia Geforce 920m, which is installed in my system, how do i do it? Thanking you, Ibrahim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-geforce-920m/b894ea00-c76d-46a2-adff-89b1f746428e
  3. NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX cant install iti download driver from HP drivers and nothing it gives me warning message in device manger[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-geforce-940mx/1f6bb690-54bc-4488-8071-ddc8bd9e53e0
  4. nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 to AMD RX 5700 XT - Worth it?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 to AMD RX 5700 XT - Worth it?: Good day. Do you think it's worth to swap a GTX 1070 for a Radeon RX 5700 (with or without XT)? I am not interested in Ray Tracing. Or it would be better to purchase some RTX Super model? 137942
  5. Scammers are getting clever (Discussion)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammers are getting clever (Discussion): I was watching a scammer video by a Youtuber named KitBoga And saw a scammer end him to a website for support that looked identical to the real Microsoft page, Just wanted to alert people that : Microsoft will never ever call you nether will (Well Known Scams) The IRS...
  6. Nvidia geforce GT540M

Nvidia geforce GT540M: I used to have problems with my graphic cards. I have 2 graphic cards one is Intel and the other is Nvidia. Then I went to a repair store and the guy said that my Nvidia graphic card was burned and then he replace with a new one. After my laptop repaired for a while I didn't...
  7. Nvidia & AMD

Nvidia & AMD: Since I have been on Radeon for some time now, and had zero problems, I was wondering how Nvidia is getting along, or not -as it had loads of driver problems when I left it? Is it still as bad ............................ 55249
  8. nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT

nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT: I have an older machine I use for backup (Dell OptiPlex 745) fairly well appointed, with an on-the-motherboard graphics adapter (Intel, I think) running one monitor and a plug-in nVidia based adapter, running two monitors. I was running Linux on it until January 2015, when I...
  9. NVIDIA: GeForce 6150 LE

NVIDIA: GeForce 6150 LE: Win 10 says my NVIDIA: GeForce 6150 LE isn't acceptable and needs an update in order to work. How do I get an update? I'm not quite computer illiterate, but I can see it from where I'm standing. I can follow simple directions, usually. I've loaded W10 into three of our...
  10. AMD Radeon FreeSync 2 is now here

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Radeon FreeSync 2 is now here: y4FQbVwirKM ​AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced Radeon FreeSync™ 2 technology, the next major milestone in delivering smooth gameplay and advanced pixel integrity to gamers, with planned availability to consumers in 1H 2017. Qualifying FreeSync™ 2 monitors will harness...